Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drik View Post
    ============================
    TV Model: 47PFL7008
    Previous Firmware: FW v000.064.018.000

Positive:
    TV works smoother

Negative:
    - YOUTUBE: now my keyboard on remote doesnt work in search mode i have to write everything using arrows
    - Still no subtitles size option...
    Drik,
    Do you use the TV with HDMI or digital from antenna?
    Grt. Ebo

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on the forum.

I would like to ask you all to please follow the below guide. This is to determine if some issues are possibly related and to collect info about HDMI connectivity.

I see some user in the Experience Threads are having issues with HDMI sources. But this would also be helpful for users who are experiencing other issues:

1. Please make sure you have performed a "cold reboot" after the software was installed (remove power for 2 minutes and then restart device).

2. Ensure all connected devices have the latest software as well.

3. Please try to remove all external devices and reinstall your TV:
    Home > [Setup] > [TV Settings] > [General settings] > [Reinstall TV].

Warning: a TV reinstallation will erase all existing HDD recordings.

Does the issue still occur after you have reinstalled the TV and without external devices connected?

If yes, please once again report the remaining issues here in the Technical Thread (template) with a new post stating that you have reinstalled the TV and tested it without external devices connected.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Ina
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 07-30-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: layout

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    reinstalled the TV and tested it without external devices connected.

TV Model: 55PFL8008k
    Previous Firmware: 0.171.49.0

Positive:
    + None compared to 171.49 version

Negative:

New issues:

- m2ts and mkv (full-HD) does not play properly anymore with the TV media player via USB or DLNA (hiccups, distorted lines, etc), where they were all playing flawlessly with 171.49 firmware

Even the proposed demo video (at the end of TV installation wizard) plays wrong.
    Have filmed and uploaded it on Youtube. See for yourself... http://youtu.be/5gULpwdV35w

- with my cable box (via HDMI), when switching from stereo (SD channel) to Dolby Digital (HD channel): then sound crackles on HD channels (Dolby Digital). TV off/on is the only way to come back to normal sound with Dolby Digital broadcast.

- downgrade to 171.49 does not solve the above issues

- during TV reinstallation, wizard crashed and restarted during "picture / sound configuration" step

Still old issues / missing functions:

- "Options" menu is very slow

- No external subtitle font size option (integrated media player)

- No mkv embedded subtiltle support (integrated media player)

Last edited by FredFBe; 07-31-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added old issues list

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 42PFL7008 (please fill in)
    Previous Firmware: 0.64 (please fill in)

Positive:
    + slighty faster, *maybe*

Negative:
    - EPG data from channel in combination with DVBC still shows no info except time slots. I reported extensively on this in another topic. Data is shown on other DVBC receivers I own and even on the iPad app.
    - Highly unstable during startup; tv sometimes refuses to boot. Unplugging is the only option to recover. Once running, fairly stable. But to get it running is really a b*tch, pardon my French. I bought a 1000€+ TV set here and need to unplug several times a week to be able to even watch TV? Come on Philips!
    - With all quick boot options disabled, the TV is more often than not, still consuming 20Watt in standby mode. So much for eco efficiency... It appears as if it is in some form of hibernate in stead of being really off. I do not want my TV to consume 20W 24 hours a day 365 days a year. On average, my 42"Samsung plasma consumed less power!
    - With quick boot enabled, there must be 3 time slots set with a minimum time interval of 2 hours. Why? I only need it to quick boot in the morning between 6:30~7:30 and at night between 19:30~20:30. All other times I want it to be very low in power! In this mode, it is sucking about 20W continuously, twice a day (making to time intervals overlap so I do not get 6 hours a day) still means 20*4*365=29.2kWh down the drain. Thank you very much.
    - DTS is only working when playing an MKV directly from USB disc. However, when DTS is supplied through HDMI, no sound. When trying to play the same file through DLNA, files with the main track being DTS are not even showing up in the browser.

I really tried everything; installing with no external devices attached, leaving it unplugged for 2 minutes before plugging in again, external hdd connected and disconnected. I am not using ethernet or wifi at all as that seems to make it even more unstable. Re-installing the TV several times, to no avail.

So all in all, the image and sound are wonderful, but the firmware/software are quickly turning this tv into a nightmare.
    I was about to throw it out of the window out of pure frustration, luckily my better half convinced me to return it to the shop an let them deal with it or get our money back.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55pfl7108K
    Previous Firmware: 171.51

Positive:
    + SmartTV works faster
    + seems faster once it's running
    + DTS is perfect

Negative:
    - Menu is still slow compare to other brands
    - the menu brightness is dimmed when the background TV is also low
    - DLNA is not working with subtitles yes including hebrew
    - Quickstart option don't work no matter disabled or enabled
    - when tv is off for 5-6 hours and turned on no pic only sound,
    u have to press the source to move to another source and then it shows pic and reboots.
    This is a serious issue and my friends with same TV has the same problem!!!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on the forum.

... etc
    I reinstalled (not able to put the new firmware on the TVagain) and need a few days to see what happenes.

It is impossible to reinstall the firmware again. With a new formatted USB stick with the latest firmware, de TV go's directly to the USB screen with the message that there are no files on it.
    So, it doesn't recornize the upgrade file.
    Is this normal behavior?

Regards, Ebo

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

TV Model: 60PFL8008k
    Old Firmware: 064.018
    New firmware: 171.051

Positive:
    + SmartScreen is working with 171.051

Negative:
    - Can't reinstal firmware. Upgrade files is not regornized. It go's directly to USB screen
    - Reinstalled TV without any connection, but didn't upgraded the firmware again
    Unplugged first for 2 minutes. Then reinstalled. Then unplugged again for 2 minutes.
    - On start the HDMI sync is still not good. There is no sound or there is no screen
    - Switch off on HDMI: restart no screen on HDMI (need to go to other HDMI and back for screen)
    - Switch off on Digital TV: restart no sound on HDMI (also need to go to different HDMI and back)
    - Today switch off on Digital TV: need to unplug to reset TV. No response at all. Quick start was on. Same problem as before, so switched it of again

All these problems are new after upgrading from 064.018 firmware. Af this the problems occure. Upgraden to 171.051. Can't reinstall again. HOW CAN I GO BACK TO 064.018 FIRMWARE?

Conclusion: reinstalling didn't make any differnce in the problems.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FredFBe View Post

- m2ts and mkv (full-HD) does not play properly anymore with the TV media player via USB or DLNA (hiccups, distorted lines, etc), where they were all playing flawlessly with 171.49 firmware

Even the proposed demo video (at the end of TV installation wizard) plays wrong.
    Have filmed and uploaded it on Youtube. See for yourself... http://youtu.be/5gULpwdV35w

- with my cable box (via HDMI), when switching from stereo (SD channel) to Dolby Digital (HD channel): then sound crackles on HD channels (Dolby Digital). TV off/on is the only way to come back to normal sound with Dolby Digital broadcast.

- downgrade to 171.49 does not solve the above issues

- during TV reinstallation, wizard crashed and restarted during "picture / sound configuration" step

Hi FredFBe,

The above issues appear to me to be hardware related even though you are reporting them after a software update.

Since both the m2ts/mkv and the HD Demo Video are showing pixelation and tearing of the image, I would advise you to contact customer service.

The customer service agents should be able to do remote diagnostics on your TV and determine if your TV should be inspected by a technician.

http://www.support.philips.com/suppo..._selector.jsp?
    Select country and preferred language, then Contact.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 08-02-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hbrug View Post
    i'm using a htc one running android 4.2.2. i'm told it should support miracast although i'm not sure what HTCP is.

as for the remote, so far the tv is stable and the remote hasn't induced any problems so i'm assuming that problem is solved.

oh and the channels are from dvb-c (so, cable) but those problems are gone after the tv reset too. your suggestions worked miracles, so much so that i think it should be in the default description before the tv needs to cold boot that if any problems occur, first try to reinstall the tv.

Hi Hbrug,

I made a typo in my reply to you.

You need to contact HTC support and enquire if this device is Miracast certified and also if it uses encrypted HDCP (High Definition Copy Protocol). If it does then it will not work with your Philips TV as the TV does not support HDCP in the Miracast function.

I can see I managed to mistype HDCP twice in one post. My apologies

Best regards,
    Ina

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55PFL7108
    Old Firmware: 064.018
    New firmware: 171.051

Positive:
    + Arrow in the Smart TV is easier to see
    + DTS sound works well

Negative:

- Black screen issues (not related to this specific FW, already encountered in the previous FW 64.xxx) : I only watch TV from a HDMI set top box and not from the DVB-T/C, and I get black screen (no picture at all, but there is sound) EVERY time I power on my TV from the standby mode (red LED on). No change with "fast startup" option setup on/off or with the Easylink setup on/off. I do not encounter this issue when I power off / on my TV with the rear back button
    This is pretty annoying because I cannot use the remote controller anymore to power on / off the TV.
    I did perform a "cold restart" after applying the new FW.

- The OSD may become sometimes very laggy, but I didn't correlate this behaviour with a particular event
    Last edited by Clapiotte; 08-05-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55PFL8908 (please fill in)
    Previous Firmware: 064.018 (please fill in)

Positive:
    - Ambilight :-)

Negative:
    - Menus still slow as hell, if you can't make them fluid, make an option to disable animated menus.
    - Some of my mkvs exceed 30mbit/s, if you can increase that limit or accept higher bursts for a period, it would be nice.
    - Startup takes forever, smart tv and DNLA doesn't basicly work before 5 minutes have passed. (internet connection is 20/1 mbit)
    - The ambilight green/red flash bug
    - Wireless is flacky, had lots of problems (tv is the only one with problems), moved my wireless beside the TV, no problems. Seems the TV perform bad in the 2.4GHz with alot of other access points in the area. My other devices can do 5GHz.
    - If the wireless hasn't connected yet (cause the TV takes ages to get ready from cold boot), and you use a "network" feature, it ask you to enter details for the wireless network, even thou it knows it.
    - Needs better fast forwarding in DNLA/Netflix. Like a click is +1 minute. (not sure if that already exists)
    - I don't have TV channels, so i got a "black screen", I use it for netflix and DNLA. Due to the slow startup, if often don't know if the tv is crashed, rebooting or just ignored my smart tv request for the 5'th time cause it is still "booting").
    - I see the 1/2/3 signing in screen way too often. It should show a "looking for net access spinning wheel", not "enter your details again".
    - The blue knight rider bar is too small and randomly placed either in the middle or bottom of the screen. It is also hard to see on my always black background (due to no TV channels).
    - Smart TV is way to slow, an ancient PC from 1990 would run it better.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 47PFL6008K/12
    Previous Firmware: 171.49

Positive:
    + Netflix works now
    + SmartScreen over wifi to my Android tablet also works now
    + Menus may be a little bit faster in each new version

Negative:
    - No text in EPG, same as already quite good described and proved by Willem2. This bug has been for already three firmware updates - 68.18, 171.49 and the current one - 171.51. Really annoying, one of my biggest problems with this TV, which has not been looked at for months!
    - When turned off while using HDMI source (computer), the next start of the TV from standby shows only black screen. To get a signal back, I have to turn to TV input, at which point the TV seems to restart and after this the it is possible to switch back to HDMI
    - Smart TV functions still very slow, unusable for me, I prefer to connect it to my PC and use it as a second monitor when I need features that I could use otherwise on Smart TV
    - DTS not enabled on 6008 series, even though it was proved to be working fine by some people in the leaked firmware version. I know this is not a bug, but it is disappointing to know that this feature could have been included in this series as well, because it was not a selling point for the higher series (7/8/9, was not included in the beginning) and only to have it disabled as a functionality for a hardware that could handle it.

All the bugs were reported only after the TV has been reinstalled several times, tested without any other external devices, made a lot of cold boots, etc.

Bottom line: The TV has great picture quality, but has a lot of software problems (slow smart tv, new bugs introduced and then not addressed in months and months, not a lot of quality smart tv apps) and this makes it a rather mediocre device, which could (and probably will) make me sell the device and keep me from buying in the same brand.

Greetings,
    Etherion

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Etherion For This Useful Post:

PiotrG (08-21-2013)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 42PFL6198K
    Previous Firmware: 0.64

Positive:
    + SmartTV is faster now

Negative:
    Still the EPG text in Latvian is being displayed with random symbols like greek sigma and others. (Latvian language in menus, local TV channel logos are displayed excellent)

Thank you

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55PFL6008
    Previous Firmware: 64.15

Positive:
    + Netflix
    + Smart Tv is faster (still not fluid)
    + Gorgeus 3D picture
    + Awesome sound (for such a flat tv)

Negative:
    - General laggynes of the ui (even if its faster than 64.15)
    - Quick boot does not work (if it is on tv wont boot or work properly)
    - Audio cut offs while watching netflix
    - Browser too slow
    - Sometimes just shuts down
    - Picture settings are too deep in the menus
    - EPG should be overlayed on top of the tv program
    - It should be possible to do something else while recording (eg. smart tv, other video source, everything else than wathcing different tv channels (single tuner)).
    - Polishing, polishing, polishing (philips please make the software as nice as the hardware)

Best regards,

Harri

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Lightbulb The new FW is now live

This thread is now closed.
    For feedback on the new FW please use the following threads: