07-12-2013, 05:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
- Rep Power
Experience thread - FW v000.171.051.000 (171.51) - for 8xx8 Series - 2013
The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here:
This thread is more for details and discussions.
This FW is applicable to EU models only.
IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
It will not be possible to downgrade to a previous software version (64.xx) after updating to version 171.51.
QF2EU_0.171.51.0 (Date published: 2013-07-11)
- Solution to use Netflix.
- Solution regarding installation issue in Switzerland.
- Solution regarding MHP application.
QF2EU_0.171.49.0 (Date published: 2013-07-05)
- Enabling DTS for 7000/8000/9000
- Wifi smart screen for Android devices (requires Philips MyRemote app)
- New application: Multi Room TV watching .
- New version of YouTubeLeanBack.
- Improvement to the MyRemote App TV-guide and controls on Smart Phones.
- Improvement regarding Czech UPC cable installation.
- Improvement regarding BBC i-player movies not working.
- Improvement to have the favorite channels on top via IP-EPG.
- Improvement to the Social TV app.
- Improvement regarding the crackling/loud plopping noise when switching on HDMI equipment.
- Improvement to the remote control pairing in virgin mode.
- Improvement to avoid having only vertical lines but having picture at startup.
- Improvement to avoid reboots when playing 3D via Blu-ray or Astra 3D.
- Improvement to get positive DVB-S Unicable installation with Technisat equipment.
- Improved mouse pointer (arrow).
QF2EU_0.68.18.0 (Date published: 2013-04-12)
- Solution about consistent behavior of the EXIT key.
- Homescreen adaptation for Germany. (Kabel/Antennen Fernsehen)
- Hebrew text disabled in Now en Next + 8 days EPG. (Mainly solved for Israel market)
- Improvement stability behavior when starting up from HDMI source.
- Live TXT subtitles from broadcast no longer shown during playback of a recording without
- BBC iPlayer, video and radio program is functioning again.
- Solution about sometimes no connection to Philips Smart TV portal during virgin installation.
Last edited by Philips - Ina; 07-15-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Changelog added
By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software for the 8xx8 seriesReplies: 21Last Post: 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software for the 6xx8 seriesReplies: 16Last Post: 07-05-2013, 09:29 AM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 seriesReplies: 13Last Post: 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software for the 8xx8 seriesReplies: 12Last Post: 07-05-2013, 09:22 AM
By Philips in forum TV: Software for the 8xx8 seriesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM