• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down 42/pfl7008 shuts down, black screen

This was adressed in another topic under another title. Not wanting to hijack a topic I have created a new one.

I have a problem with my pfl7008 where the tv just shutsdown when watching tv. The tv doesn't respond to my remote and I can only start up the tv by cutting of the power and enabling it again. This happens daily. I am using a C+ module and my tv says it has te latest software release and I have set eco modus on 0 minutes for stand-by.

Please respond and supply a fix this problem because it is pretty annoying. I have this tv for two weeks now, and enthousiasm has been replaced by dissapointment.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Still no official answer to our black screen issues threads...
    I'll wait some days and try to phonecall to the customer service, I think both described problems are related

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapiotte View Post
    Still no official answer to our black screen issues threads...
    I'll wait some days and try to phonecall to the customer service, I think both described problems are related
    Guys,

First it must be checked if the reported cases are related, before we can do anything. Therefore we will collect and analyze your feedback (might take some time in this holiday period).

If more people have this "black screen with sound on HDMI" issue, please report it in the related SW experience thread: http://goo.gl/yo2DMh.
    Mention clearly your model number, SW version, settings (like Quick start and Easylink settings), connected devices and describe the steps that are causing it.

Some tips before you all start posting :
    1. Be sure that also the connected devices have the latest SW (if possible to upgrade). Maybe that will already solve the issue for some.
    2. Be sure that after any software update, a "cold reboot" (remove power for 2 minutes and then restart device) must be executed.
    3. If you then and still encounter issues, please remove all external devices and select via Home -> Setup -> TV Settings -> General settings -> the option "Reinstall TV" (warning: a TV reinstallation will erase all existing HDD recordings).
    4. Are you still experiencing the issue after a reinstallation and without external devices connected? Then it's time to report them (see link above).

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,
    JuAn
    Last edited by Philips; 07-26-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added warning on HDD recordings.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Funny ...
    When my tv (42pfl7008) crashed again today after watching about half an our of tv...i unplugged it from power and after 2 minutes started the tv.
    I now wanted to do the reinstall and after choosing reinstall tv in menu and pressed ok: BOOM, crashed again...
    Unplugged it, started tv and reinstall started..
    Hope that after reinstall problem is gone, but i doubt it..
    If there is any debug firmware so i can help to find the real problem let me know..
    The problem now starts to get frustrating...

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    I have enabled the highest value for stand-bye on inactivity in my ECO settings, and it seems that my problem of sudden black screens hasn't occured since.

I do have a problem with starting up. I have enabled quick start, but it can take up to minutes before my tv screen has started up. When it finally does, I get the feeling the TV hasn't completely started up yet because it takes another minute before my C+ module understands that the channels I am watching are the channels I am entiteled to see. For a minute I get the message that I am not subscribed to that channel. After a minute this message dissapears and I can watch tv. Starting up took me almost 5 minutes last week. I think this is way to long for a modern day tv.