Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks

Angry RE: Thread closure and merging.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips
    Thread closure and merging.
    In order to preserve a clear overview of the forum, the forum moderators will from time to time close threads that have been inactive for longer than 30 days. Should any users wish for one such closed thread to be re-opened, please send a short PM to a moderator with the link to the thread stating the reason you wish the thread to be re-opened.

For the same reason you may from time to time find new user threads merged with an existing thread (such as software experience threads) by a moderator. This is again to preserve a good overview, not just for the moderators, but also for other interested users.

Kind regards,
    The Moderation Team.
    Congratulations!!!
    most of software problems are solved just by close or hide unanswered posts,
    show me any word which isn't true in my reports

Hidden:
    No Sound when chose Audio Channel: Right on STB
    tv doesn't go to standby when `no video signal` on HDMI

Hidden+Closed:
    Broken Option: Move Picture
    Feature Request: ability chose send controlled audio signal to digital output
    Lost Option: Set Audio Volume Correction for services and sources
    Choose 46pfl9707s = my most expensive mistake?!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Hi MartiniB,

I'm am not entirely sure what you mean by "Hidden". We have no interest in hiding any posts and I am still able to view all of your posts in the forum. Could you clarify what you are experiencing, please?

For all software related issues, I would very kindly request that these are posted in the relevant Experience and Technical Threads available for this exact purpose. Many users are posting their software issues in individual threads and this unfortunately makes it impossible for us moderators to track overall issues effectively.

We collate software information for all our TVs from the software threads and feed this back to the developers. Once users are posting individual threads, I'm sure you can understand that this task become almost impossible,due to the amount of new threads every week.

The forum operates on a user to user basis for the most part, with us moderators collecting information and reporting back to development. We have no interest in hiding posts or closing them if they are of value to the forum users. This is also why any user can request a thread re-opened.

If you would like any of your threads reopened, please do let me know. Also, please do feel free to use the software threads to report any of your software issues. I assure you that these reports are very much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Ina

Silver Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for answer Ina
    firstly i though my posts are deleted at all when opened some forum section,
    cause didn't see my posts there, later i found Forum settings -> Default Topic Age Cut Off
    which Default value now is changed to ?30? days - Philip's forum users don't have to see forgotten problems

if moderators think problem is to small to have it's own tread join post to fw tread

MB

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartiniB View Post
    Thanks for answer Ina
    firstly i though my posts are deleted at all when opened some forum section,
    cause didn't see my posts there, later i found Forum settings -> Default Topic Age Cut Off
    which Default value now is changed to ?30? days - Philip's forum users don't have to see forgotten problems

if moderators think problem is to small to have it's own tread join post to fw tread

MB
    Hi MB,

I see what you mean now. I can see how this could be understood as us moderators hiding the threads.

It is not that we believe any problems to be too small, but indeed the contrary! All issues are equally important for us to be aware of and report to development. This is exactly why posting the software related issues in those threads is a help and a benefit.

With the amount of new threads being created daily, the overview is quickly lost and individual posts quickly move down the thread list and can get lost in the "crowd", also to other users. To ensure that doesn't happen, the experience thread is the best place to report all issues.

I thank you for your understanding and for letting us know about your experience as well.

Best regards,
    Ina