Results 1 to 6 of 6
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 885, Level: 7
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    Points
    885
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    46pfl8008 online software update

    Hi Philips team,

    why is it NOT possible to update the firmware of my tv by using the online update function?
    The tv is connected to a fast internet line but it keeps telling me that there are no updates available.
    This way I have missed three important updates already that I have just recently read about on this support forum.

    I have downloaded the firmware manually and executed the update by using a usb stick.

    The problem is that the tv is mounted very closely to the wall and I cannot easily access the usb ports, meaning that I have to take the tv off the wall for every update.

    This morning I contacted the chat support staff and they told me that the updates for my tv are not stored on the Philips software server, which in my opinion makes no sense. I can manually download form the server but my tv can't??..isn't it the same server we are talking about and wouldn't it be a small step to offer both alternatives to your customers.

    Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 19,060, Level: 42
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,060
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonselectah View Post
    Hi Philips team,

    why is it NOT possible to update the firmware of my tv by using the online update function?
    The tv is connected to a fast internet line but it keeps telling me that there are no updates available.
    This way I have missed three important updates already that I have just recently read about on this support forum.

    I have downloaded the firmware manually and executed the update by using a usb stick.

    The problem is that the tv is mounted very closely to the wall and I cannot easily access the usb ports, meaning that I have to take the tv off the wall for every update.

    This morning I contacted the chat support staff and they told me that the updates for my tv are not stored on the Philips software server, which in my opinion makes no sense. I can manually download form the server but my tv can't??..isn't it the same server we are talking about and wouldn't it be a small step to offer both alternatives to your customers.

    Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance

    Hi Tysonselectah,

    Software updates are initially made available from our support websites, where they are in essense just stored in a file directory for direct download. This server is not the same as the one the TV accesses via the network for updates.

    The upload to our network update server does not occur until approximately 4 weeks after initial release. And even then it will only be the most necessary updates that are eventually pushed to the TVs from here.

    Since we have recently had a few new software updates for your TV, these might not yet be available over the network.

    To be able to receive updates via the update server the EULA (Terms & Conditions) in Smart TV needs to have been accepted. This option would come up the first time you access SmartTV.

    If you have already accepted the EULA, please send me you full model number (46PFL8008x/##) and serial number of your TV in a PM. I will then look into it further and also check which updates should be available over the network.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 885, Level: 7
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    Points
    885
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Sent! Thanks Ina

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 19,060, Level: 42
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,060
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonselectah View Post
    Sent! Thanks Ina
    Hi Tysonselectah,

    Thank you for sending me the info.

    I have spoken to several people regarding this and there are no reports of there being an issue with server updates.

    I have also looked into your TV's connection to our servers and I can't see any reason either, as to why you haven't received at least one of the 3 recent updates when manually checking for software.

    The fastest and best way to be notified of new software releases is to subscribe to the relevant software threads here in the forum. We do our best to announce any new software as soon as we are notified of them from development.

    Go to the relevant software thread > Click on Topic Tool (just under the Topic title) > Subscribe to this Topic > Select the type of notification you wish to receive.

    If you select notification via email, please ensure your account is associated with a current email address.

    Or simply bookmark the support website for your TV in your browser to quickly check for any changes there:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&slg=en&scy=NL

    Best regards,
    Ina

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 590, Level: 6
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    5
    Points
    590
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Ina, I've the same problem and send you my serial number en model

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Tysonselectah,

    Software updates are initially made available from our support websites, where they are in essense just stored in a file directory for direct download. This server is not the same as the one the TV accesses via the network for updates.

    The upload to our network update server does not occur until approximately 4 weeks after initial release. And even then it will only be the most necessary updates that are eventually pushed to the TVs from here.

    Since we have recently had a few new software updates for your TV, these might not yet be available over the network.

    To be able to receive updates via the update server the EULA (Terms & Conditions) in Smart TV needs to have been accepted. This option would come up the first time you access SmartTV.

    If you have already accepted the EULA, please send me you full model number (46PFL8008x/##) and serial number of your TV in a PM. I will then look into it further and also check which updates should be available over the network.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 19,060, Level: 42
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,060
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Ina, I've the same problem and send you my serial number en model

    Hi ChrisL,

    The current software version on your TV (64.18) is the latest software version to have been released over the network, so this is the reason you are not able to update any further over the network.

    The last 2 releases 171.49 and 171.51 have not yet been released on the network server yet.

    Please also see the reply I sent to your PM.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 08-05-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Correcting info

Similar Topics

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
  2. Connect My Marantz PM7001 stereo amp to 46PFL8008
    By ChrisL in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  3. Software update
    By Blondy in forum Sound: DS8000- and DS9000-series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 10:41 AM
  4. Firmware-Update only from USB. Why never online?
    By WannaBeBuser in forum TV: Software 2010 models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
  5. Online s/w Update and now no internet connectivity ?
    By barrycarr in forum Sound: Streamium MCi series (MCi900| Mci8080| MCi730| MCi500| MCi298)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •