• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

HTS9140 - huge issue

Hello I have got an HTS9140 on January. The latest issue that made me register in the forum is that it cannot play any disk now. It loads for long time and eventually it displays "unknown disk", at all the dvds I have tried, all of them were playing normally yesterday. Should I bring this with local service under the warranty?

Next issue is that I cannot update it. It has been last updated with the March update and now I have connected 3 portable HDDs and 2 USB sticks. I have placed the update in the root folder however it displays "update not found". I have tried several times without success.

Another issue is that there is no video (audio plays) with some AVI or MKV files. It displays that video format not supported. The question here is which formats are supported? For example it does not play the following video (as per MKVtoolnix log)

Code:
    "D:\My Docs\Tools\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "G:\\My Videos\\Video_11.mkv"  "--language" "1:eng" "--track-name" "1:1280x720 @ 5900 Kbps" "--default-track" "1:yes" "--forced-track" "1:no" "--display-dimensions" "1:1280x720" "--language" "2:eng" "--track-name" "2:DTS Core 5.1 @ 1.5 Mbps" "--default-track" "2:yes" "--forced-track" "2:no" "--language" "3:eng" "--default-track" "3:yes" "--forced-track" "3:no" "-a" "2" "-d" "1" "-s" "3" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "G:\\My Videos\\Video_11.mkv" "--track-order" "0:1,0:2,0:3"
    The 4th issue is that the browse USB menu does not list the files alphabetically at the folders sub-menu. Any idea why is that?

5th and final issue is that when I play MKV files and I press the backwards button, then although it shows that it is goes backwards at a X2 speed, in reality it jumps backwards very quick, almost X32. I can see that in the seconds that skips.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mike_21; 08-20-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    Looking at the unknown disc message you better go back to your dealer since it looks like a loader problem you are facing. If this did not happen before but now it does then it looks like an issue.

Regards