Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

only DVI working on 32pf9966

Hello,

Innitially i used this television (32pf9966) for analog TV through antenna and also used the EXT slots for other devices. Since a few years, I have been only using this television to watch TV using a digital receiver in the Netherlands (UPC) connected through the DVI slot. Therefore, the TV has been always on the DVI channel since and only use the digital receiver to change channels.

I now wanted to connect a DVD player again to one of the EXT (scard) slots and discovered that the TV seems now unable to handle signals other than HD through DVI? The EXT channels (also the ones without a scart cable connected) do not even provide a blue screen but a black screen without any OSD. Also, when I reconnect the Antenna cable directly to the TV via Antenna in, the TV channels are not working (black screens, not even snow).

The OSD Menu is also only visible on the DVI channel, and not on the other channels. To me it seems some hardware issue Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djmickey View Post
    Hello,

Innitially i used this television (32pf9966) for analog TV through antenna and also used the EXT slots for other devices. Since a few years, I have been only using this television to watch TV using a digital receiver in the Netherlands (UPC) connected through the DVI slot. Therefore, the TV has been always on the DVI channel since and only use the digital receiver to change channels.

I now wanted to connect a DVD player again to one of the EXT (scard) slots and discovered that the TV seems now unable to handle signals other than HD through DVI? The EXT channels (also the ones without a scart cable connected) do not even provide a blue screen but a black screen without any OSD. Also, when I reconnect the Antenna cable directly to the TV via Antenna in, the TV channels are not working (black screens, not even snow).

The OSD Menu is also only visible on the DVI channel, and not on the other channels. To me it seems some hardware issue Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Hi Djmickey,

It could be that the display mode is not supported. Is the blue indictor light on when you have a black screen?

Does your DVD player have the option to change the display mode? If yes, please try to change this.

The signal you receive via the antenna cable, is this digital? If yes, then your TV only supports analogue signal, which could be the reason you get a black screen when plugging the cable directly into the TV.

Best regards,
    Ina

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post

It could be that the display mode is not supported. Is the blue indictor light on when you have a black screen?
    Yes, the bue indicator below the screen is on. I think the display mode is CVBS. The strange thing is, that the other EXT channels do not show a blue screen with the message no input, but just a black screen. The audio of the DVD player on the connected EXT channel is hearable on the television, but no video.

Furthermore, the bluescreen is visible on the EXT of the connected channel, but the EXT channel name is jumping up and down the screen and if I call the menu on this channel that is jumping all over as well.

Does your DVD player have the option to change the display mode? If yes, please try to change this.
    Don't know, but it is either CVBS or RGB. Both should be fine (tested all EXT slots)

The signal you receive via the antenna cable, is this digital? If yes, then your TV only supports analogue signal, which could be the reason you get a black screen when plugging the cable directly into the TV.
    Antenna cable signal contains both analog and digital signals. Worked for years on analog signal but have been using digital receiver for two years. Analog channels have not been changed.

So i am still puzzled...

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djmickey View Post
    Furthermore, the bluescreen is visible on the EXT of the connected channel, but the EXT channel name is jumping up and down the screen and if I call the menu on this channel that is jumping all over as well.

Hi Djmickey,

The above does perhaps indicate a hardware issue. I would advise you to take contact with your local customer service in this case. The TV might have to be looked at by a technician:

http://www.support.philips.com/suppo..._selector.jsp?
    Select your preferred country and language, then Contact.

You can perhaps try a Factory reset before you do this:

Setup > General > Factory Reset

Best regards,
    Ina