• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Alternative to Twonky and WMC, or a Twonky fix/upgrade ?

My problem is that I want to ( need to ) project my Laptop screen wireless to the TV, but my model 47PFL4047T/12 does not support the Media Connect like the 2010 and 2011 version do.

Twonky isnīt able to show my screen on the TV, I also donīt find the 8 digit key to enter into the WMC-WindowsMediaCenter and there are no secondary solutionīs in the forum, I wanted to check for a alternative "free" recommendation from Philips or if I can expect a upgrade from Twonky that will allow me to use my TV as a secondary computer screen wireless?

Please donīt bring me a negative aswers, otherwise I will get the biggest Buyer regret ever!

Regards, Mundi

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundi.is View Post
    My problem is that I want to ( need to ) project my Laptop screen wireless to the TV, but my model 47PFL4047T/12 does not support the Media Connect like the 2010 and 2011 version do.

Twonky isnīt able to show my screen on the TV, I also donīt find the 8 digit key to enter into the WMC-WindowsMediaCenter and there are no secondary solutionīs in the forum, I wanted to check for a alternative "free" recommendation from Philips or if I can expect a upgrade from Twonky that will allow me to use my TV as a secondary computer screen wireless?

Please donīt bring me a negative aswers, otherwise I will get the biggest Buyer regret ever!

Regards, Mundi

Hi Mundi.is,

Welcome to the TV forum.

Your TV does not support direct wireless projection, but I know there are new technologies being marketed by third party brands that might be an alternative solution for you.

Google Chromecast or Tizzbird are possible alternative for you to look at, however these are not free and require additional hardware.

I do not have direct experience with these devices however, so I can't say what they may or may not support.

Best regards,
    Ina

Does any other users have any experience with alternative projection methods perhaps?