10-16-2013, 11:47 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
- Rep Power
Experience thread - FW v000.171.056.000 (171.56) - for 6xx8 Series - 2013
The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here:
This thread is more for details and discussions.
This FW is applicable to EU models only.
IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
QF2EU-0.171.56.0 (Date published: 2013-09-05)
- Improvements in quick startup implementation.
- Solution for screen edges reset.
QF2EU-0.171.51.0 (Date published: 2013-07-11)
- Solution to use Netflix.
- Solution regarding installation issue in Switzerland.
- Solution regarding MHP application.
QF2EU_0.171.49.0 (Date published: 2013-07-05)
- Enabling DTS for 7000/8000/9000
- Wifi smart screen for Android devices (requires Philips MyRemote app)
- New application Multi Room TV watching.
- New version of YouTubeLeanBack.
- Improvement of the MyRemote App at the level of the TV-guide and control on Smart Phones.
- Improvement about installation Czech UPC cable.
- Improvement about BBC i-player movies not working.
- Improvement to have the favourite channels on top via IP-EPG.
- Improvement for the Social TV app.
- Improvement about the crackling/loud plopping noise when switching on HDMI equipment.
- Improvement for the remote control pairing in virgin mode.
- Improvement to avoid to have only vertical lines but to have picture at startup.
- Improvement to avoid reboots when playing 3D via Blu-ray or Astra 3D.
- Improvement to get positive DVB-S Unicable installation with Technisat equipment.
QF2EU_0.68.18.0 (Date published: 2013-04-12)
- Solution about consistent behaviour of the EXIT key.
- Home screen adaptation for Germany. (Kabel/Antennen Fernsehen)
- Hebrew text disabled in Now en Next + 8 days EPG. (Mainly solved for Israel market)
- Improvement stability behaviour when starting up from HDMI source.
- Live TXT subtitles from broadcast no longer shown during playback of a recording without
- BBC iPlayer, video and radio program is functioning again.
- Solution about sometimes no connection to Philips Smart TV portal during virgin installation.
Last edited by Philips - Ina; 10-18-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Adding link to Technical Thread
By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 21Last Post: 10-18-2013, 10:59 AM
By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 21Last Post: 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 16Last Post: 07-05-2013, 08:29 AM
By Philips in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM