Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Points: 11,094, Level: 31
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,405
    Points
    11,094
    Level
    31
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 65 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Thumbs up Experience thread - FW 150.89 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012

    Hi,

    The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here:
    http://philips.to/1gpybMk

    This thread is more for details and discussions.
    This FW is applicable to EU models only.

    IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.


    Changelog:

    QF1EU_0.150.89.0 (Date published: 2013-09-06)
    • Solution for not always working back button to switch to previous channel.
    • Solution for stuck when selecting a demo image.
    • Improvements for playing mp4 files.
    • Solution for Natural motion “ON” at startup although disabled in the menu.


    QF1EU-0.150.88.0 (Date published: 2013-07-17)

    • Solution about network connection wizard starts by itself.
    • Solution about Automatic Channel Installation available -> no sound and NED1 missing. Delta network in the Netherlands.
    • Solution about new Microsoft Headweb Listed Services-playlist(HLS) is not working on our set.
    • Solution for the 42PFL6007H/12 and 55PFL6007H/12 reboots when connected to router.
    • Solution Trick mode functionality not observed while playing Apple HLS file.
    • Solution trickmodes take a long time to happen in HTML5.
    • Solution trickmodes in mediaobject do not work properly.
    • Improvement regarding Crackling/loud plopping when switching from Digital channel to Radio channel on the TelenetBox.
    • Solution regarding on screen message "Coded Program. Check the CI+ module" after upgrading to 150.87sw.


    QF1EU-0.150.87.0 (Date published: 2013-04-29)

    • Solution for Cablenetwork ESR Sion in Switzerland.
    • Solution for picture moves 5 pixel right when in PC/Game mode.
    • Solution for Video corruption every 10-20 sec on VHS device.
    • Solution for installation issue on Czech UPC cable.



    Best regards,
    Ina
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 10-18-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Adding link to Technical Feedback Thread

  2. #2
    New Member
    Points: 12, Level: 1
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Points
    12
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Few remarks on the TV 42PFL6007 with 150.89 firmware connected to the Internet by WiFi.

    1. YouTube application is not working good. Actually only one movie after app is opened plays OK, following ones are playing for only few seconds and then stops.

    2. There are missing codecs for some audio formats for movies played from USB drive.

    3. Subtitles in TXT files are not supported.

    4. No polish characters in audition name displayed next to channel logo after channel change on SAT channels (not sure if its firmware issue).

    5. Menu operation is very slow.

    6. Qick Start function in configuration menu in Polish is not named correctly. There is "Skrócona instrukcja obsługi" instead of "Szybki start" or something like that. By the way this function was not working correctly in some previous versions of firmware. TV was turning on to quick start mode in unpredictible time. Even if this function was disabled! Is it fixed in current firmware version? I'm not using this function because with this issue only reinstallation of firmware was the solution.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 632, Level: 6
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    8
    Points
    632
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    55pfl8007 - FW 150.89 - with this firmware the TV is unable to play on YouTube HD videos larger than 1 hour. When select this type of videos the image turn black and after few seconds the TV return from Smart TV to TV mode.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Points: 159, Level: 2
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    2
    Points
    159
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodor View Post
    55pfl8007 - FW 150.89 - with this firmware the TV is unable to play on YouTube HD videos larger than 1 hour. When select this type of videos the image turn black and after few seconds the TV return from Smart TV to TV mode.
    I have same issue with 40PFL8007/K. Also I can not watch Teledunya 3D on satellite(Turksat) with 3d mode. It turns black and returns to normal mode of channel after a few seconds.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Points: 511, Level: 5
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    511
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I have the automatic update of channels off, and yet the TV turns on by itself always at 9, at 15, and during the night.

    I can not leave the hard drives connected because lights alone and causes it to turn on the tv.

    Why does this happen? If I leave nothing connected, this does not happen.

  6. #6
    Diamond Member
    Points: 47,673, Level: 67
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,706
    Points
    47,673
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 118 Times in 105 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Hi,

    maybe you have enabled the fast wakup feature (where one can setup different time slots).

    Toengel@Alex

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Points: 511, Level: 5
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    511
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I checked that function and I have disabled. I do not know what can be, but I have to leave off the hard drive so it does not turn alone.

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Points: 683, Level: 6
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    7
    Points
    683
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi,

    Changelog:

    QF1EU_0.150.89.0 (Date published: 2013-09-06)
    • Solution for not always working back button to switch to previous channel.
    • Solution for stuck when selecting a demo image.
    • Improvements for playing mp4 files.
    • Solution for Natural motion “ON” at startup although disabled in the menu.
    Sorry to tell, but the natural motion bug is still here. The upgrade did not change anything.
    Last edited by negate; 10-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Points: 390, Level: 4
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Sashs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    390
    Level
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    It seems to me, that natural motion bug is not firmware related, because I have pfl6007k/12 and I don’t have any problems, no matter which firmware is installed. If I turn it on it stays on and if I turn it off, it stays off.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Points: 683, Level: 6
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    7
    Points
    683
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashs View Post
    It seems to me, that natural motion bug is not firmware related, because I have pfl6007k/12 and I don’t have any problems, no matter which firmware is installed. If I turn it on it stays on and if I turn it off, it stays off.
    Ok so I want to give the TV back an have my money refunded. But Phillips Support (in Poland) seems not to be interested in this. They told me to check if the "shop display" mode is off. Idiots.
    Last edited by negate; 10-22-2013 at 03:34 PM.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Points: 379, Level: 4
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7
    Points
    379
    Level
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello.

    I have the TV 42PFL6007 and it hurts how bad philips have messed up this software.
    Asides from the endless problems with menu navigation and remote responsiveness, there is also a problem which makes this TV restart occasionally.
    Let's not talk about the studder and the fact that any panning scene is painful to watch, superman starts to blink and disappears while flying. The same with planes. If there are people inside a car that is running on a road and they film peoples faces, you can see the window of the car acting like water...
    I tried to live with these problems hoping that soon the SW team will finally build a mature software that can be used on a daily basis but to this day it has not happened.
    The last 2 drops in my already full glass:
    1: Tried to watch Carl Sagans cosmos...avi file...it is simply unwatchable. I will record what this television is doing to a simple avi that plays perfectly on every other device: phone, laptop, PC or OTHER TVs!!!
    2: The freaking USB ports DO NOT POWER OFF when the TV is turned off which means that the USB drives are powered forever!
    Why stress with fancy menus for power saving if you keep my 2 external hard drives spinning even when i turn off the TV???? I SEE NO LOGIC FOR THIS!!!

    I have been really happy with all the philips products I ever had, but this TV is by far the worst piece of electronic equipment that I ever laid my hands on.
    It seems that this software was made by beginners and I am unable to comprehend how this passed at least software testing not to mention system...

    The only feature that this TV has against the competition is the ambilight, but this is no atu! It's a stupid gadget that I personally can live without!

    As they say, you learn from your mistakes: I will never buy a TV from philips again, and not because a bug (or more) were released to the general public, but for the lack of support that is offered after the product is sold.

    Yours truly, a deeply unsatisfied customer.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psyk For This Useful Post:

    arvyss (10-24-2013),Jarnimo (11-28-2013)

  13. #12
    New Member
    Points: 18, Level: 1
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Points
    18
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I have all the same problems, and I still hope that Philips will solve those major problems with the new software soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by psyk View Post
    Hello.

    I have the TV 42PFL6007 and it hurts how bad philips have messed up this software.
    Asides from the endless problems with menu navigation and remote responsiveness, there is also a problem which makes this TV restart occasionally.
    Let's not talk about the studder and the fact that any panning scene is painful to watch, superman starts to blink and disappears while flying. The same with planes. If there are people inside a car that is running on a road and they film peoples faces, you can see the window of the car acting like water...
    I tried to live with these problems hoping that soon the SW team will finally build a mature software that can be used on a daily basis but to this day it has not happened.
    The last 2 drops in my already full glass:
    1: Tried to watch Carl Sagans cosmos...avi file...it is simply unwatchable. I will record what this television is doing to a simple avi that plays perfectly on every other device: phone, laptop, PC or OTHER TVs!!!
    2: The freaking USB ports DO NOT POWER OFF when the TV is turned off which means that the USB drives are powered forever!
    Why stress with fancy menus for power saving if you keep my 2 external hard drives spinning even when i turn off the TV???? I SEE NO LOGIC FOR THIS!!!

    I have been really happy with all the philips products I ever had, but this TV is by far the worst piece of electronic equipment that I ever laid my hands on.
    It seems that this software was made by beginners and I am unable to comprehend how this passed at least software testing not to mention system...

    The only feature that this TV has against the competition is the ambilight, but this is no atu! It's a stupid gadget that I personally can live without!

    As they say, you learn from your mistakes: I will never buy a TV from philips again, and not because a bug (or more) were released to the general public, but for the lack of support that is offered after the product is sold.

    Yours truly, a deeply unsatisfied customer.

  14. #13
    Bronze Member
    Points: 916, Level: 7
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Points
    916
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    The mute button on the remote reacts terribly slow. (was in .88 already btw.) The rest of the remote buttons work fine and I have re-paired it already which didn't fix the issue.
    Last edited by DadGommit; 10-23-2013 at 10:14 PM.

  15. #14
    Diamond Member
    Points: 47,673, Level: 67
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,706
    Points
    47,673
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 118 Times in 105 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Hi,

    does the "mute button" works fine with the MyRemote App? If yes, your remote control might have a problem...

    Toengel@Alex

  16. #15
    New Member
    Points: 379, Level: 4
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7
    Points
    379
    Level
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    As I promised, here is the video of the wonderful image offered by philips:
    http://youtu.be/HS-TsFI7810
    If they remove the link just search for Philips SmartTV 42PFL6007 firmware 150.89 on youtube.

    Hey, philips: we are your customers, not your testers!!!
    Or should I say, we WERE your customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Topics

  1. Experience thread - FW v2.xx - for 3xx7 series - 2012
    By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 models
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 01:16 PM
  2. Experience thread - FW 0.99.0.0 (v0.99) - for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series - 2012
    By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software 2012 models
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 11:22 AM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 12:19 PM
  4. Experience Thread - FW 150.83 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012
    By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 models
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
  5. Experience Thread - FW 150.82 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012
    By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 models
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 07:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •