New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV model: 55pfl6007T
    FW: 150.089

Sorry for lengthy reply, but this is my addition:

Current problems:

1)
    Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is not working, with or without PIN. Tried everything. Manually typing SSID password gives connection and wi-fi works fine. But not WPS. Several other devices can connect to my router with WPS without any issues.

2)
    With Quick start turned off, TV still dont turn off completely.

3)
    Connected USB HDD keeps spinning while TV is turned off.

4)
    Channel update message at every 2nd startup or so. I'm sure new channels are not published that fast.

5)
    WI-FI Smart Screen to Ipad is not working. Unplugging the TV and reinstall App, occasionally helps. But only for 15-20 minutes or so. Changing the channel, will loose connection to TV immediately. Turning the iPad off and back on, will loose connection without being able to reconnect. Turning off, then on the Wi-Fi Smart Screen feature in TV menu, will make the iPad try and reconnect and even sometimes detect the channel name, but eventually it will time out or keep the spinning wheel going on the iPad.
    Tried everything also suggestions from threads in here. Different iPad, iPhone with different versions. Tried to connect TV both wireless and cable. Tried different Router and all other things I could think of... Never any luck, unfortunately.
    Yes, Network is secured, although not connected with WPS, since this does not work as mentioned in 1).

6)
    Menus are generally slow. Nothing to add here, that hasnt already been told elsewhere in the forum.

7)
    Occasionally Picture will stutter for a few seconds and then turn to black. Sound continues. Changing channel fixes this, until next time it happens. Signal level and quality both at 100.
    It seems this only happens after or during connection to iPad via WI-FI Smart screen.

8)
    Every day I have to add my iPad to list of known devices, in order to see the EPG on it. All other devices are kept in the list, just not the iPad. Will try with different iPad soon.

9)
    TV has turned off by itself a few times. Yes, the auto function for turning off, is of course disabled.

10)
    Internet EPG quite often gives me a black screen. Turning TV off and back on, fixes this for the moment.

11)
    Internet EPG changes page by itself. I have found that it turns to the page, where the current active channel is. This only happens of course, if I am looking at channels on a different page than where current shown channel is.

12)
    While changing channels, TV will occasionally not tell me the name of the current program on the channels. Restart TV will fix this, for the moment.

13)
    According to the built in help, Ambilight is supposed to change its power/effect with selected Picture Settings. This is not happening.
    Selecting the Energy save Preset, should lower the effect of Ambilight for example.

14) (Suggestion or problem?)
    If it works, there is a thin white line below the program name. Isnt this line supposed to show a Programs progress in time? It does not, and never did. Info page gives this information.

What really bothers me, is that WI-FI Smart screen to iPad is not working. Spent so many hours on trying to fix it. No luck so far. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Besides this, 55pfl6007T has amazing picture, beautiful colors and lights. Depth in 2D is exceptional in my opinion.
    It works perfectly with Philips hue bulbs as well, to extend the Ambilight effect, which makes the experience of watching a good movie, even more perfect.
    3D functions is awesome, although I havent used it much yet.
    I truly enjoy this TV, but hope for fixes on listed issues of course.

thank you for reading my lengthy reply. Hope this will focus on some of the issues seen on this model.

Regards
    Joakim.
    Last edited by jaredanz; 10-26-2013 at 12:22 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaredanz For This Useful Post:

psyk (10-26-2013)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    on 40pfl8007 with FW 150.89 the youtube app does not play video longer than 1 hour. In the FW 150.88 there were no problems.

Will you fix this in a short time? Can we expect a new FW update in the next month?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    I have been a regular contributor to this forum and have been "promoting" HDNM or PNM quite extensively, saying Philips got it right and there almost is no judder at all with Philips' implementation of motion compensation.

I have bought my TV (42PFL6067) last Christmas, and have since used it pretty much only with firmware 150.83, if I remember correctly.

Pretty happy with the firmware and very satisfied with how motion compensation worked with the TV (in my case, again, satisfied means no judder despite some minor artefacts, that I personally do not care about, but I absolutely hate occasionnal judder), I have never upgraded the firmware as this was suggested by the TV. "If it works for you - don't change it", I always say to myself.

Unfortunately this summer I finally bit the bullet and triggered the upgrade because I was so annoyed the TV kept asking me to upgrade.

What a disappointment.

HDNM/PNM often produce some judder now. I changed the PNM setting from "Medium" to "Maximum" but there is no way I can get rid of the judder. I noticed it happens with complex scenes, like in offices with stores everywhere. It seems the new algorithm gives up on applying MC when the image is too complex, this did NOT happen with 150.83, I am 100% sure of this, as my daugther keeps watching the same movies over and over again, and I clearly see some judder where there wasn't any before.

How can I get back to firmware 150.83 (french version) ? There is nowhere I can grab the firmware on the web.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Ina:

OK, I've been posting here for a while and I'm a very loyal Philips customer as you know from our previous conversations. I rate your products highly and have often recommended (or bought) them for other people, too.

However, the facts below cannot be argued with:

I bought the 8007 TV in 2013, at £1,000.00 - a LOT of money to spend on a TV. It is the most I have ever spent on a TV and at that price you expect something very special. The picture quality, build, sound, remote control and Ambilight are are all very special...

However, the TV now going back for a refund because of the following:

This is your flagship product. All of your know-how and research should have gone in to this product, but you have proven through these ludicrous and innumerable software updates that you can't fix the product's design flaws and are just clutching at straws, keeping consumers hanging on while you don't care about your reputation or long term profits (how many customers are going to buy your brand again after an experience like this?).

It's not the first time this has happened, either. You have a string of products (TVs, set top boxes, DVD recorders) which were released on the market before they were finished. After a while, Philips gives up on the product, discontinue it and move on to another (unfinished) product.

What a waste of a once-great company, but I cannot be expected to continue to wait for a solution which will never come.

I'm sorely disappointed by this experience, and strongly urge other customers to boycott Philips until they get their act together.

EDIT:

I watched my 8007 again tonight and I honestly don't even know if I can leave it behind. It is so damn good in so many ways (PQ is awesome and Ambilight is just the icing on the cake. Sound is like the best CRT TV that you ever heard). It seems such a travesty that Philips won't update this TV to work properly. If they did the software as well as the hardware, the Japanese and Koreans would have some serious competition.

Come on Philips, sort it out!
    Last edited by d87z; 10-27-2013 at 09:54 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d87z For This Useful Post:

DadGommit (10-31-2013),psyk (10-28-2013),Wally© (10-27-2013)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    The least Philips could do is let their customers go back to a previous firmware version...
    @martytv...
    I've got the previous firmware on my hard-drive...
    I could upload it somewhere so you can download it...
    Send me a personal message and I'll provide you with a download link...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wally© For This Useful Post:

jeik (11-02-2013),martytv (10-29-2013),psyk (10-28-2013)

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    I saw with Wally (cheers!) but he's got a 8007 TV and a Dutch version of the firmware :-(

Anybody here with firmware 150.83, French version, suitable for my xxPFL6067 (or even xxPFL6007, which I imagine is pretty much the same)?

Send me a private message, or alternatively my email address is

martinZZank at hotmail dot ZZ

(replace 'ZZ' with 'fr' twice above)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martytv For This Useful Post:

jeik (11-02-2013)

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Anyone else experiencing full reset of the settings once every or every second week? Really irritating to perform the setup over and over again. I have a 47PFL6907T with firmware 150.88.0.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally© View Post
    The least Philips could do is let their customers go back to a previous firmware version...
    @martytv...
    I've got the previous firmware on my hard-drive...
    I could upload it somewhere so you can download it...
    Send me a personal message and I'll provide you with a download link...
    PM sent ,thanks

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martytv View Post
    I saw with Wally (cheers!) but he's got a 8007 TV and a Dutch version of the firmware :-(

Anybody here with firmware 150.83, French version, suitable for my xxPFL6067 (or even xxPFL6007, which I imagine is pretty much the same)?

I think the firmwear is one for all .... are you sure they create diferent SW for every country ???

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martytv View Post

PM sent

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    With the newer firmwares, disabling Perfect Natural Motion and re-enabling it does not always have it reenabled. Can't compare with older firmwares though. Feeling a bit pissed with the motion judder, I now occasionally disable natural motion (which means I may just disable it permanently in the future... that's a worry. Will buy a Samsung TV next time if this is the case, as the differentiator for me was the absence of judder with Philips, to the price of having some artefacts).

Is it possible for Philips to provide a 99.99-100% judder free motion when Natural Motion is set on 'Maximum'? Doesn't 'Minimum' mean 'no artefacts, some judder', and 'Maximum' mean 'no judder, some artefacts'?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Here's something crazy. I have just bought a Philips 46PFL4208 (basic smart TV from 2013) and the software is perfect and extremely responsive. None of the problems I have on my 8007. The menus even scroll from beginning to end! Why can Philips do it on a low end model and not a top of the line one?!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to d87z For This Useful Post:

jeik (11-05-2013)

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredanz View Post
    TV model: 55pfl6007T
    FW: 150.089

Current problems:

2)
    With Quick start turned off, TV still dont turn off completely.
    This is no longer an issue, after return to Factory Default settings.

3)
    Connected USB HDD keeps spinning while TV is turned off.

4)
    Channel update message at every 2nd startup or so. I'm sure new channels are not published that fast.

5)
    WI-FI Smart Screen to Ipad is not working. Unplugging the TV and reinstall App, occasionally helps. But only for 15-20 minutes or so. Changing the channel, will loose connection to TV immediately. Turning the iPad off and back on, will loose connection without being able to reconnect. Turning off, then on the Wi-Fi Smart Screen feature in TV menu, will make the iPad try and reconnect and even sometimes detect the channel name, but eventually it will time out or keep the spinning wheel going on the iPad.
    Tried everything also suggestions from threads in here. Different iPad, iPhone with different versions. Tried to connect TV both wireless and cable. Tried different Router and all other things I could think of... Never any luck, unfortunately.
    Yes, Network is secured, although not connected with WPS, since this does not work as mentioned in
    This is no longer an issue, after IOS App update today from the Apple Appstore.

7)
    Occasionally Picture will stutter for a few seconds and then turn to black. Sound continues. Changing channel fixes this, until next time it happens. Signal level and quality both at 100.
    It seems this only happens after or during connection to iPad via WI-FI Smart screen.
    This is happening SOLELY after bad attempts to connect with Philips Myremote app, either through SimplyShare or WI-FI Smartscreen.

11)
    Internet EPG changes page by itself. I have found that it turns to the page, where the current active channel is. This only happens of course, if I am looking at channels on a different page than where current shown channel is.

Regards
    Joakim.

WI-FI Smartscreen now works! Although it still have issues:
    Now and then I have to force stop the app, in order to reconnect.
    Now and then I have to re-enable Wi-Fi Smartscreen on the TV in order to connect.
    But much better now, just not completely reliable.

Seems to me, that after updating the FW, a reset to Factory Default, truly eliminates alot of issues. To me it did.
    Last edited by jaredanz; 11-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredanz View Post
    Seems to me, that after updating the FW, a reset to Factory Default, truly eliminates alot of issues. To me it did.

Thank you for the update jaredanz. This will be helpful for other users.

Best regards,
    Ina

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Lightbulb The new FW is now live

Thank you all for your feedback!
    This thread is now closed.

For feedback on the new FW please use the following threads: