Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

My experiences with MyRemote 4.22

Dear All,
    MyRemote 4.22 has the potential of becoming my favorite app on the ipad IOS 7.0.3.

There are several Philips products connected in my network, which should work with MyRemote:
    - smart TV 42PFL6877H/12 running software-update QF1EU-0.150.88.0
    - smart TV 32PFL6007H/12 running software-update QF1EU-0.150.88.0
    - three streamium products was700/22
    - two streamium products was7000/12

The problems I encounter are:
    - The MyRemote app crashes randomly during start-up.
    - SimplyShare takes forever to find all clients on my network. Since the devices and their ip addresses hardly change on my network it would be far more efficient to store a list of known devices / ip addresses, and additionally provide an option to rescan the network to adapt to changes on the network.
    - The naming convention of SimplyShare is not generic. Only the names of the television devices can be changed to more convenient names like 'TV living room´. Unfortunately this provides only a temporary solution, since this name change is not persistent. The only permanent solution is to change the TV network name in the television software. This is an approach which cannot be done for all apparatus e.g. streamium products. My streamium devices all show up in SimplyShare using the same name. Therefore there is way of knowing the location of the device in the house. A more generic approach would be to provide ALL devices the same option to edit their name persistently in the SimplyShare application or at least to show some unique properties like their UUID.
    - SimplyShare in combination with a Twonky server allows me to play one music number after another on my streamium devices. Random play or playing a list only works on the televisions mentioned above.
    - SimplyShare looses its state after switching to another app. Meaning one has to start all over again; one has to select the media, select the music, and the played on device (taking again several minutes to reappear and without knowing the location of the device in the house).
    - The TV guide coupling to your mobile device is not persistent. Forcing one to turn on the television to reinstate the coupling which destroys the purpose of the app.
    - WI-FI smart screen never worked for me. I have tested this using the free channels on UPC. I can see the channel names at the bottom of the screen and swipe though the channels, but I have never seen the actual television signal on the screen.

Any help from Philips would be appreciated. I am willing to provide additional details or to do some beta testing.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi
    After updating to the New version of Myremote HD the app will not connect to my TV.
    I use it on my iPad and iPhone with the iOS 7.0.3 and the TV is model 6636(2011).

I hope you can help.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

- update TV to latest firmware 14.105
    - deinstall MyRemote App on iOS device
    - restart iOS device
    - install MyRemote
    - try again

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    I am going to reply to my own topic since Philips support does not.

In the meantime I have updated the MyRemote App to version 4.26.4. Low and behold, the WI-FI smart screen is working! Finally something which does work, although I am now wondering what the usecase is for the smart screen application as it has been implemented. Switching the television in standby mode while continuing to watch television via the ipad is currently the only usefull usecase I can think of. The obvious drawback of the current implementation being that one cannot change channels without turning on the television. Other usecases I can think of are either not practical or impossible. E.g. I have a hard time to understand why the smart screen is not accessible while using the various inputs of the television? This could be most usefull. Currently one cannot use the smart screen within the same room, since the audio and video lags behind the television.

None of the other problems reported have been resolved by this update. While some of the problems can be resolved with minimal effort by the developer(s): uniquely identify all devices via an uuid number.

Any response from Philips support would be appreciated.