Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Netflix causes distorsions

I use a 7108S 55" TV bought one month ago. Updated to QF2EU-0.173.42.0 from QF2EU-0.171.56.0 but did not solve this issue.

Description:

After I have used Smart TV / Netflix and coming back to source TV, I get flickering horizontal lines at the bottom edge of the screen (different colours are switching and flickering). It is the very bottom edge of the tv-image that is disturbed, since I can change format and zoom the image, then disturbances are not visible.

To remove these disturbance I need to choose another source e.g. usb or network and then change back to TV. The TV resets (my interpretation) the image then. When I select the other source the entire screen are turned into a different colour (red, blue or green) for 1-2 seconds. Normally when changing source the screen is black.
    I tried to use the source HDMI to reset, but only thing that happens is that either green/blue/red or purple colour a second before the HDMI source turns on. When changing back to TV from HDMI the disturbances casued by Netflix app are still there. So the only way is to select a source like USB or Network, then change back to TV - this will reset the image to normal again and not a HDMI source (dont understand why). I can pull the 220V cable as well and this will reset. So far only Netflix app causing this issue, have tried to produce it with other apps but with no luck.

I tried to remove the CA module and test with only antenna cable but same issue occur. Have another flat screen from another brand, there is no issue with this TV so conclusion my network is fine.

Any fix to this?
    Anyone looking into this?

I hope so.

Edit 2013-11-26
    Today I reinstalled TV and also tested without any external devices connected + used different power socket (in case of EMC) but result is the same.

New thing happened today after watched Netflix and returned to TV, the screen went black totally but TV audio was there. Once again, I changed quickly to USB source and back to TV. Solved.

Perhaps it is time to try and return the device in favour for a Samsung or LG. Sorry but I feel a total discomfort at the moment. I can add the total lack of response time in the menus and black screens from time-to-time, what is that?
    Last edited by qlaz; 11-26-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: More detailed info

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qlaz View Post
    I use a 7108S 55" TV bought one month ago. Updated to QF2EU-0.173.42.0 from QF2EU-0.171.56.0 but did not solve this issue.

Description:

After I have used Smart TV / Netflix and coming back to source TV, I get flickering horizontal lines at the bottom edge of the screen (different colours are switching and flickering). It is the very bottom edge of the tv-image that is disturbed, since I can change format and zoom the image, then disturbances are not visible.

To remove these disturbance I need to choose another source e.g. usb or network and then change back to TV. The TV resets (my interpretation) the image then. When I select the other source the entire screen are turned into a different colour (red, blue or green) for 1-2 seconds. Normally when changing source the screen is black.
    I tried to use the source HDMI to reset, but only thing that happens is that either green/blue/red or purple colour a second before the HDMI source turns on. When changing back to TV from HDMI the disturbances casued by Netflix app are still there. So the only way is to select a source like USB or Network, then change back to TV - this will reset the image to normal again and not a HDMI source (dont understand why). I can pull the 220V cable as well and this will reset. So far only Netflix app causing this issue, have tried to produce it with other apps but with no luck.

I tried to remove the CA module and test with only antenna cable but same issue occur. Have another flat screen from another brand, there is no issue with this TV so conclusion my network is fine.

Any fix to this?
    Anyone looking into this?

I hope so.

Edit 2013-11-26
    Today I reinstalled TV and also tested without any external devices connected + used different power socket (in case of EMC) but result is the same.

New thing happened today after watched Netflix and returned to TV, the screen went black totally but TV audio was there. Once again, I changed quickly to USB source and back to TV. Solved.

Perhaps it is time to try and return the device in favour for a Samsung or LG. Sorry but I feel a total discomfort at the moment. I can add the total lack of response time in the menus and black screens from time-to-time, what is that?
    Hi qlaz,

I have forwarded this info on to development. Thank you for adding the additional information.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Sent U a private message with additional info developers probably find useful.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Updated to QF2EU-0.173.44.0 today and the problem remains.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Updated to QF2EU-0.173.44.0 today and the problem remains.

Hi qlaz,

Please add this to your post in the Technical Feedback thread.

Thank you!

Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Sure, but is there any point in doing that? Seems issues are not resolved in the FW updates (my opinion).

Like this one for instance - no technical feedback yet and that surprises me.

I get the feeling that Philips does not have the technical knowledge so solve the issue. Or even worse, not even been looking into the issue.

Do I need to buy a separate media player to use Netflix?
    Last edited by qlaz; 12-14-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Sure, but is there any point in doing that? Seems issues are not resolved in the FW updates (my opinion).

Like this one for instance - no technical feedback yet and that surprises me.

I get the feeling that Philips does not have the technical knowledge so solve the issue. Or even worse, not even been looking into the issue.

Do I need to buy a separate media player to use Netflix?

Hi qlaz,

All feedback from all our customer channels is being read, collected, collated and processed. All feedback is sent back to the developers.

Some issues take longer to deal with than others, that's just how things are.

It is up to you if you wish to add the feedback to the thread or not. It was merely a suggestion as you have been very active in doing so recently, which has been appreciated. And it would be helpful for me to have all your feedback about the software in one place.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for the answer.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Local support told me this is HW failure. TV was brought back to dealer.