Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    after un plug power cord for now is good and fast

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Using the latest firmware since 27 of december, when I bought the TV, and have had the following errors:

1. After firmware update the TV would display a message regarding automatic channel update and then turn it self off for 20-30 seconds and then start up again, only to repeat the previous step. Noticed that HDMI was working, so disabled the automatic channel update. That seem to solve the problem.

2. After a couple of days I wasn't longer able to start the TV from standby using the remote. Setting it to standby worked, but not turning it on again. After a day or so the problem disappeared, weird.

3. Today the TV randomly started to turn it self of during playback over HDMI. *sigh*

I mean, what the h**l is the problem with making a stable firmware? Are you guys at Philips not testing your stuff before you release it? And, should I as a consumer really have to deal with problems like this, after paying good money for a product that I expect to work? You are not alone on the TV market, so to say...

//Magnus

Silver Member
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mangan77 View Post
    1. After firmware update the TV would display a message regarding automatic channel update and then turn it self off for 20-30 seconds and then start up again, only to repeat the previous step. Noticed that HDMI was working, so disabled the automatic channel update. That seem to solve the problem.
    Glad you sorted this one yourself You might also want to check your signal on different channels; poor or questionable signal can sometimes make these messages go crazy (on a TV channel, press OPTION, then choose 'Status'. Note 'Signal quality' and 'Signal strength' should both be above 80% and stable.

2. After a couple of days I wasn't longer able to start the TV from standby using the remote. Setting it to standby worked, but not turning it on again. After a day or so the problem disappeared, weird.
    If this happens again, try to re-pair your remote (hold your remote to the Philips logo on the TV, and hold down the RED and BLUE buttons similtaneously for a few settings. You should get a message saying 'Pairing succeeded'.

3. Today the TV randomly started to turn it self of during playback over HDMI. *sigh*
    Which HDMI device(s)? Do you have any HDMI-CEC/EasyLink etc. settings set on the device?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    I bought my 47PFL6008 a month ago and I continue to discover new problems with its software. There is one particularly annoying bug in the menu picture format. The auto fill works terribly when there are black bands above and below. When the logo of the channel is located partly in the upper black band, the picture is shifted upward by cutting the black strip and plus about 20% of the upper part of the picture.
    I have two older model (42pfl5604 and 32pfl6606) in which this feature works fine.
    I have a feeling that none of Phillips does not test the software before delivery to consumers. These striking numerous bugs reminiscent of the work of 14 year old student.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I've updated my firmware to the latest version (QF2EU-0.173.44.0) following the recommended procedure including the cold start as one of the first things after i received and installed the TV set (47PFL6678S/12) a couple of weeks ago so I don´t remember what the previous version was of the FW and therefore can’t report of what the pros and cons is compared to the previous FW in the technical feedback thread.

But these are my experiences so far with this TV-set and the 173.44.0 FW:

- The TV set can sometimes not be turned on from standby mode with the remote control, when the TV is on all functions of the remote works and I can put the TV in standby from the remote.
    It works for a couple of days, but when it stops working I have to walk up to the TV and push the Channel+ or Channel- buttons to wake it from the standby mode.

So far a cold boot leaving it not connected to the power outlet overnight has fixed the problem, but it is a rather annoying problem with a brand new TV-set.

(Here is a link to another thread about exactly the same problem for the 6xx8 series http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ote-controller

- Trying to play almost any type of file from my NAS using the TV as the media render crashes the TV and after around 30 seconds returns it back to the normal TV-mode. If I play the same file from my WDTV Live Hub using that as the media render there is no problem.

- The TV Guide via internet IP-EPG sometimes does not load completely; it will not populate the channel info. Usually a restart fixes the problem – and yes, I always wait for a couple of minutes from startup until I start using either the TV Guide or Smart TV functionality.

- The TV-set tells me that there is an automatic channel update available and that it will be applied the next time the set is in stand-by mode, but the next time the set is powered on from standby it still says that there is a channel update available.
    Last edited by wolfman74se; 01-13-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added link to another thread

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have no idea what you have done, but my tv doesn't start with natural motion on anymore, it did before even when it was off. Good job! Finally!

Now please fix the bug when we get 5 rows of black pixels to the left when on game/pc-mode.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I've updated my firmware to the latest version (QF2EU-0.173.44.0) following the recommended procedure including the cold start as one of the first things after i received and installed the TV set (47PFL6678S/12) a couple of weeks ago so I don´t remember what the previous version was of the FW and therefore can’t report of what the pros and cons is compared to the previous FW in the technical thread.

But these are my experiences so far with this TV-set and the 173.44.0 FW:

* The TV set can sometimes not be turned on from standby mode with the remote control, when the TV is on all functions of the remote works and I can put the TV in standby from the remote.
    It works for a couple of days, but when it stops working I have to walk up to the TV and push the Channel+ or Channel- buttons to wake it from the standby mode.

So far a cold boot leaving it not connected to the power outlet overnight has fixed the problem, but it is a rather annoying problem with a brand new TV-set.

I've seen the same problem mentioned earlier in other threads about the 6xx8 series, but I don't dare to link directly to any of them since for some reason that got my earlier version of this post from today deleted without any warning or notice!!

* Trying to play almost any type of file from my NAS using the TV as the media render crashes the TV and after around 30 seconds returns it back to the normal TV-mode. If I play the same file from my WDTV Live Hub using that as the media render there is no problem.

* The TV Guide via internet IP-EPG sometimes does not load completely; it will not populate the channel info. Usually a restart fixes the problem – and yes, I always wait for a couple of minutes from startup until I start using either the TV Guide or Smart TV functionality.

* The TV-set tells me that there is an automatic channel update available and that it will be applied the next time the set is in stand-by mode, but the next time the set is powered on from standby it still says that there is a channel update available.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    after my essence died after only 5 years I bought a 47pfl6158/k. I should have known better....
    The following problems occured after I bought it in november last year.
    1. Tickings in the sound.
    2. Bad audio synchronisation, almost 1 second latency
    3. Unpredictable mysterious resetting, few times in one day, some weeks nothing at all.
    4. Impossible to do a full upgrade of the new software
    5. After looking smart tv and retrurning to the hdmi1 with humax decoder, the screen is green, and both tv and humax are bricked.

After reporting this to Philips a mechanic came to solve the problems on januari the 2th. A new mainboard and the lates software was installed:Qf2eu-0.173.44.0.
    That was all he could do.
    3 problems are solved now: Less ticking, synchro is acceptable and a succesfull software update.

This night I had 8 resets and the remote control stopped functioning. How the f... do I get rid of this thing. I payed over 1000€ for a TV that causes me a nervous breakdown

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Using latest version of firmware (QF2EU-0.173.44.0), my findings:
    - menu is a bit (only a bit) faster
    - SmartApps takes forever to load, so I do not use it
    - most annoying bug is that in this FW version Dynamic Backlight settings "Standard" and "Best Picture" seem to have same effect: Standard settings also produces annoying and very pronounced brightness fluctuations (as does Best Pictures setting). In previus FW version, Standard setting was much better, it produced better blacks without too much brightness settings. PLEASE Philips, fix this ASAP!
    - when playing a movie from local USB disk, there is an error in DD5.1 digital output, it shows as intermittent clicking/popping sound from central channel; this was not the case in previous FW
    - subtitles size when playing movies from USB disk is still way too small, please include an option to change subtitle size (at least: "normal", "bigger", "smaller")
    - DTS passthrough is still not supported, I cannot understand why?!

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Since the last update (000.173.044.000) I notice problems with:
    - subtitles (SRT) are not displayed when playing movies from my NAS (srt & avi name are the same);
    - NETFLIX sometimes crashes, also Internet Browser;
    - TV Guide (internet) shows only partially from time to time.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

I have this error as well. Brand new TV just came in today, updated it and the children started playing Xbox360 connected using HDMI. It switches off randomly, sometimes after one minute somtimes after 5. Tried using another HDMI port, same problem. Love the looks and Picture quality and would hate to return it Again.
    Any advice or solution from Philips would be welcome.

BR.
    Jesper

Update.
    Did the shutdown TV wait one minute, pull power 2 min, then power back on once more, I have had no trouble since. I guess the TV didn't finish the update 100% the first time I did it.
    Case closed for now.
    Last edited by Jesper2014; 01-16-2014 at 07:39 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesper2014 For This Useful Post:

Jarnimo (01-19-2014)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Level
    Thanks
    Apart from all the other annoyances:
    EPG is completely broken for a few releases now.

Using DVB-S, I had to switch to IP-EGP to get at least some data.
    This does not fix EPG not being shown for the current channel.

Receivers and TVs from other manufacturers don't have problems at all, so I'm sure it's not related to poor signal quality. Even the cheapest 150$ TV in my household is able to display EPG data.

I'm a professional software developer, so with all these partly serious bugs and the speed at which they don't even get acknowledged I came to the conclusion to
    a) never buy Philips hardware again and I'm
    b) going to advise everyone against doing so - you know, as one of the "IT-guys" you get asked quite a lot.

This is a textbook example of all that can go wrong if you think you don't need QA/QC. Or capable software developers. I'm really lacking the words to describe how disappointed I am.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello to everyone,

I think I have the same other people's problems.... The TV randomly shuts down for no reason. Yesterday I was watching a 3D show, I change the 3D settings from "converting from 2D" to "3D side a side" and the TV turned off.

Hope that the following updates will solve all problems and improve the quality of this really good TV.

(I have the Mo. 6008 TV and I really love it, and I enjoy the images quality and the audio... that's an amazing TV!!!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EdwardMcRhys For This Useful Post:

Jarnimo (01-19-2014)

Silver Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardMcRhys View Post
    Hello to everyone,

I think I have the same other people's problems.... The TV randomly shuts down for no reason. Yesterday I was watching a 3D show, I change the 3D settings from "converting from 2D" to "3D side a side" and the TV turned off.

Hope that the following updates will solve all problems and improve the quality of this really good TV.

(I have the Mo. 6008 TV and I really love it, and I enjoy the images quality and the audio... that's an amazing TV!!!)
    Hello Edward,

With the latest firmware (version .44) I had these problems too!
    Our TV was turning of randomly without a reason.

I took of the powercord for two /three minutes and plugged it in again. It seems like my problems are solved. Now all works good again (without restarts)

I am active on this forum since some months ago and i see that fw.44 is not the best. Version .42 seems to be more stable.

Hopefully Philips fixes this with the new realease!
    Last edited by Jarnimo; 01-19-2014 at 02:58 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarnimo For This Useful Post:

EdwardMcRhys (01-19-2014)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Version .44 Model 55PFL6158

Bad audio synchronisation, on ARC, sound is to late.

Netflix hangs.

Tickings in the sound.

No DTS support.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast