• Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    The problem with 3D Game mode auto enabling even if I chose GameMode/OFF, it is just the other way around of Game mode disabled win 3D with 150.91/92

Omg , so many bugs I can't stand that anymore, Every firmware I have to have 1 bug that will interrupt me.

If it's the 5 pixel shift
    if it's the WAY TOO slow UI
    if it's the Why not SHORTCUT for PICTURE Settings + Game Mode Disable/Enable option ??
    If it's the 3D Double Image - Only happens with Game Mode ON,( that's why there is no problem with 150.91/92 because
    Game mode automatically DISABLED when in 3D mode)
    if it's the 3D PNM Quality problems and performance
    if it's the 3D Game Mode automatically disabled
    if it's the 3D Game Mode automatically enabled
    if it's the Game mode Quality (Banding) Problem
    if it's the Dynamic Backlight problem - best quality-standard

Another problem is when you Enable Game Mode and you change to any 3D mode one time, then you disable Game mode, it won't let you use Game Mode disable in 3D any more. It just activate Game mode every time you go 3D. As long you don't enable Game mode one time after Turning TV , Game mode will stay disabled in 3D no matter what, until you Enable it one time.

And ALL the rest of the problems because I don't use all the other devices that others use.

Last Philips TV I'll ever in my life

I don't care about amblight if NOTHING ELSE WORKS
    Last edited by x7007; 02-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Of the last 15 msgs here, TEN ( 10 ) !!! are written by the same person = x7007, which is Very ANNOYING!

STOP writing about the same things over and over again, X7007, you only cause irritation, both among us other users, but mainly with Philips staff, that won't do shit about your problems unless you STOP THIS WHINING NOW!
    Last edited by LbL!; 02-10-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metyuu View Post
    In the last two versions of the image quality deteriorates. Colors are faded and the image was dull. Now I'm back to version 0.89.
    Same over here. Often the picture is also to dark. Is there a way to go back to version 150.89 ?

Edited:
    x7007 thanks for the link. Tried both versions now and didn't see any difference in picture quality. I think the update from the cable company (horizon box) is the reason. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by charliego; 02-10-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charliego View Post
    Same over here. Often the picture is also to dark. Is there a way to go back to version 150.89 ?

Yes download from here

***moderated***

It fits for all series , I downgraded myself almost all the version from 150.83 to 150.92. - 7007

and just put it on FAT32 DOK(disk on key) , insert to the TV USB and go to OPTIONS > SETUP > SOFTWARE SETTINGS > LOCAL UPDATES

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    Yes download from here

***moderated***

It fits for all series , I downgraded myself almost all the version from 150.83 to 150.92. - 7007

and just put it on FAT32 DOK(disk on key) , insert to the TV USB and go to OPTIONS > SETUP > SOFTWARE SETTINGS > LOCAL UPDATES

Hi all,

Please (again) be aware that we do not support downgrading of firmware outside an authorised service environment.

Downgrading firmware outside an authorised service environment is done at own risk and can cause adverse effects on your TVs, such as severe instability and bricking. These effects may not be recoverable without service, which would then likely not be covered by warranty.

As for x7007 asking about an ETA for new software, we do not have this information available. New software will be announced at time of release only. Posting repeated messages in the forum will not serve to speed up the process, but only to create a negative environment for other forum users. Please keep within the Forum Terms of Use.

Also, creating several posts with duplicate information makes the process of collecting software feedback quite difficult and time consuming. Posting new information only would be appreciated.

All feedback is collected and fed back to the developers. The amount of moderator posts in a software thread does not necessarily show the engagement level of the feedback collected, as this can quite easily be done in the background.

Thank you all for taking your time to post in the forum about your findings! It is as always appreciated.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi all,

Please (again) be aware that we do not support downgrading of firmware outside an authorised service environment.

Downgrading firmware outside an authorised service environment is done at own risk and can cause adverse effects on your TVs, such as severe instability and bricking. These effects may not be recoverable without service, which would then likely not be covered by warranty.

As for x7007 asking about an ETA for new software, we do not have this information available. New software will be announced at time of release only. Posting repeated messages in the forum will not serve to speed up the process, but only to create a negative environment for other forum users. Please keep within the Forum Terms of Use.

Also, creating several posts with duplicate information makes the process of collecting software feedback quite difficult and time consuming. Posting new information only would be appreciated.

All feedback is collected and fed back to the developers. The amount of moderator posts in a software thread does not necessarily show the engagement level of the feedback collected, as this can quite easily be done in the background.

Thank you all for taking your time to post in the forum about your findings! It is as always appreciated.

Best regards,
    Ina
    True, but don't forget there are bugs that are still here since the release of the TV, how is that possible ? and every firmware old bugs are coming back (example the 5 pixel) if no one said something about the 3D modes then there won't be a single chance that it will be fixed on the next release, I spam in a way so I would get replies about those problems so more people will check about them, but no one has the time to check them and those bugs will be still be on the next release, so should I be in quiet mode and get mad alone ? Internet is a free speech, I bought an item that there are bugs and those bugs interrupt my works,gaming,movies, all I want is those bugs to be fixed and NOT OLD BUGS to pop up again for 3 firmware releases. U should blame the people who are not reply about the problem I say over and over because philips won't check them if 1 person found them, that's what all companies do, it's not just philips.

If Ina can show us what the bugs that are being researched on then I would be very happy because I'll know they are working on the bugs that are since the TV CAME OUT.
    There are bugs that no one said about, and I've found them, they are hard to find, and maybe very hard to be fixed if philips won't try hard enough to duplicate it. I don't want it to reach to this case.

So I hope u understand me as a customer, and not just a bogus, some people want to enjoy the TV, not to be free Everyday Debuggers, right ?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    My TV model is 42PFL6007 with latest firmware 150.92.
    Movie tested: Family Guy S11E03 min 6:30, 720p
    http://youtu.be/nr4SWP9xI6Q

Check out the people walking from one side of the screen to the other. Sadly my phone cannot record all the frames and youtube is filtering some of the flaws present on the recording; it looks much worse in reality, but you can check that for yourself.
    No worries, the same behavior was on every software from 150.87 until now, I tested it.
    You can check my other movie with the 150.89 firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS-TsFI7810
    The Cosmos show from Carl Sagan is simply unwatchable!!! I get frustrated only when i remember this!!!

These behaviors were documented by me some time ago, since then 2 firmwares were released.
    Basically, in judder from side to side movement nothig was fixed on these firmwares:
    000.150.088.000_2013.07.17
    000.150.089.000_2013.09.06
    000.150.091.000_2013.11.05
    000.150.092.000_2013.12.12

So many firmware updates with minor fixed, main issues not touched. How do you expect us to take philips seriously?
    I will never buy another philips tv again and I allready showed as many friends as i could the bugs and advised them to buy something else.
    I work in IT and testing, and people usually ask my oppinion on electronics.

I personally feel tricked by Philips who sold me a half finished product.
    I am not payed to test your product and get mad that it doesn`t work properly!!!
    We paid you for a product not to test it for free!

5 firmwares and nobody addressed the slowness of the menus! And you (Ina) tell us that the feedback goes to the developers? And that it`s appreciated? HA!

For some DVDrip movies we have popping sound on the tv but on any other media player everything works fine, even on my low range phone!

If you read the changelog it`s like Philips is mocking us. Only stupid fixed for teletext for Romania. I am from Romania and did not see a problem but to be fair, who uses teletext anymore?

Instead, problems with 3D, problems with very slow TV menu, random restarts, random disconnects from wireless, etc.

Menu is still slow, if you turn on the TV with the sound at 40 you wake up the whole house until you manage to get it lowered.
    If you press "Mute" you have no sound (and no icon of informing you that mute is on) and if you press volume down the sound blasts for a full 30 seconds until you manage to get it lowered.

The power for the USB ports stays on no matter how many factory resets I try

This TV has a nice design and ambilight...that`s about as much good things I can point out.
    Did anyone try the smart tv functions? Did someone actually managed to browse the internet with remote or the app MyRemote? I get so frustrated that I want to throw this piece of garbage away!
    The only reason I'm keeping it is because I am using it for movies (and try not to get pissed when judder appears and planes disappear or when subtitles smudge across the screen).

So as you can see, I think this post writing is a waste of my time, but I am making a final effort so Philips crew knows that x7007 is not the only one frustrated but many abandon hope when we see that in 5 damned firmwares we have the same buggy software. ALL IN VAIN!

Philips: NEVER AGAIN!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    There are bugs in this new firmware AGAIN. I have to reload 150.91.
    In 150.92 after switch on TV, (conected to sattelitte by ci module) tv view notice - No signal! Tv must be switch off by button on backside tv and quikly switch on to can watching tv. SCART still connected without sound, menu still horrible slow. I want to completely rebuild firmware to speed, no freezing, and more user friendly. I have PFL467007K/12

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    47Pfl6877
    would you please include the support for Turkish characters for playing movies with Turkish subtitles

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    how to reproduce the srt or forced subtitles?

When I see a movie. MKV by usb. When they speak in another language I do not understand what they say, because they forced out or srt subtitles.

IS THERE ANY WAY THROUGH OR JUST UPGRADE?

thanks

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I don't care a rat's *ss what you say Ina...

I've made up my mind !!! No more crappy Philips TV for me !!!

Even if they get it right in 2020 !!!

Hij komt er gewoon NIET MEER IN !!!

Het is een schande hoe de mensen hier telkens weer met een kluitje in het riet worden weggestuurd...

Ik heb er genoeg van !!!

Het zijn PRUTSERS daar in software development...

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hey guys I have useful tip for you, maybe some guidance if you use the philips HDMI-Computer
    This needs 150.89 firmware
    If you watch Blueray 3D movies then there is no choice to use 1080p24, I recommend PowerDVD13.

If you watch 1080p/720p Mkv movies or any such as DVD use 59 HZ from the windows properties. ( using 60 HZ will cause heavy juddering all the time ). I recommend PotPlayer as the movie player, you would have a lot of settings including the Madvr Renderer for best quality.

Now if you do want to use PNM with 3D or 1080p/720p I don't really recommend it, PNM should be use only for Sport and such, never for movies. U could try to activate it using 50 Hz or 59 Hz but there will be juddering or might artifacts that you know already, make sure you use MOVIE profile and calibrate it properly.

The tip about PNM is that you can use it in games that doesn't required aiming or fast maneuvers, like Need for Speed and 3D person action or such, and in 3D too . U must be on 50 Hz or you will have heavy stuttering and artifacts

make sure you use Standard or one that really close to Movie usually just easier. calibrate it and put PNM on maximum, enable Clear LCD too.
    U will need to make sure the game really runs at 50 Hz, check it from the INFO on the remote.

Now there is a bug that of course we talked about it. about Game mode and 3D. When you turn the TV on and it is set to Game/PC-Off, then you are free to change from 2D to 3D no matter how many times everything will work properly. including AMD HD3D or any other mode SBS/T&B etc.

If you change to Game/Pc - On (game/computer) , first you might have Double Image and you will need to change from 2D to 3D couple of times (which ever you use), sometimes u will need to go 2D-3D Conversion and then back to 2D and the mode you want to fix the double image. (This only happens when Game/PC - On)

The second bug if you do want to Game/Pc - Off after you had it On, after changing maybe 1 time or couple of times from 2D to 3D any mode, Game/Pc will turned ON automatically, you would be able to check it after doing Game/PC - ON , then go any 3D mode, Go back 2D > Game/PC-Off, then change to 3D any mode couple of times and you will see when you try to Enable Game/PC it would have very small blink, instead the normal 1 second blink. that means it was like in Game/PC mode for some reason.

Playing with PNM maximum is really amazing, it makes the game look like real and arcade on the same time with better quality, because we know there is Quality issue with Game/PC Mode On. so you get from both worlds.
    Last edited by x7007; 02-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    my 46PFL8007K/12 reset every 2 weeks all my image/ambilight/sound settings ! it's really frustrating, any news about this issue ?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The Pictures of Game/Pc mode Enabled and Disabled

The weird thing on the buttom left is reflection..

Disabled

Enabled

Last edited by x7007; 02-18-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Is it possible to fix the stuttering and artifacts when not in Game/pc Mode ?

There is a lot of stuttering and a slow motion/artifacts on the screen with games, I don't mind the echo like kinda effects, like you can see it and movies and such. but the non stop stuttering like the image stops. goes slow motion and continues, it happens fast, by u can clearly see it, PNM with 3D in gaming is even worse, the stuttering is unbearable.

For example I am trying to play Need For speed Rivals with Game/Pc mode OFF.
    PNM - Maximum ( it doesn't matter if it's minimum )
    CLEAR LCD - On
    59 Hz

Without 3D there is stuttering every couple of seconds, display artifacts depends on the location on such
    With 3D there is stuttering, slow motion and display artifacts very fast.

When not driving everything is Ok.

FPS always stay 30, cause that's the limit of the game,, console port.

with Game/PC - ON , the game works perfectly.

Would a Video help u see the problem ?

I really like the PNM feels in games, it makes them so arcade and have a Post processing film like, like when you see trailer or a game movie and such.

But I don't know if it's because the performance issue of PNM , bug or just Single Cpu that can't keep up PNM + Clear LCD + 3D

Negative

- PNM and Clear LCD auto disabled when turning tv off and on even when set to ON before turning TV off.

Another Bug is PNM and CLEAR LCD disabled when turning TV OFF and turning TV ON even if they are ON and Minimum-Medium-Maximum.

U need to change to other mode and then it starts to work.

u can check it using this

http://www.testufo.com/#test=eyetrac...rn=lines2&ff=1

Run it in the browser, u will see that it run fine without PNM and when you do enable PNM u start to see some ghosting or weird lines which means that PNM is active.

Turn it off and you will see the Lines are fine and there are no more ghosting every couple of seconds.
    Last edited by x7007; 02-19-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast