• Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    So I thought I'll give this firmware a go, hoping that philips fixes the mistakes they make.
    Besides the fact that during the night the external HDD starts all by itself and quick start no longer works, tonight I tried to watch a 3D movie that I have watched in the past and guess what: I couldn't get a clear picture no matter what I tried. 3D side by side or inverted, then restart the TV, then switch to tv then back to HDD.
    Some bits of the image were on the right side but others were on the left.
    It's like the TV didn't know which part goes where.
    Great job philips! Instead of fixing bugs you keep adding them!
    Once again, I reflashed the 150.87 firmware and I was able to watch the movie...but after half an hour of "debugging".
    This is the worst electronic equipment I ever bought...and it was the most expensive one also...

Edit: How about the fact that the manual says that I can watch my tv channels on my phone using MyRemote app and the damned smartscreen is not listed to be used. False specs also, huh?
    Last edited by psyk; 04-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psyk View Post
    How about the fact that the manual says that I can watch my tv channels on my phone using MyRemote app and the damned smartscreen is not listed to be used. False specs also, huh?
    Your TV + smartphone need to be connected to the same network to see each other...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    You really think I did not know that?
    I have the 6007 model, jellybean android phone and it does not work. You see the help section about it, but not selectable in the main menu.
    My tv has digital and HD stations using CI+ card.
    Maybe you can tell me why sometimes the tv stops seeing my computers connected to my only network, secured by password but the computers see each other.
    Maybe you can tell me why sometimes the tv loses connection to my network but my other devices (phones, computer and laptop) all see the network and use it without any problem.
    Oh I forgot to mention: the problems disappear after you unplug the tv, wait half a minute and restart it.
    Or why this tv cannot refresh the files on its usb drive sometimes... Honestly, I have put 2 movies on the drive. One was discovered and one wasn't. I tried to move the file into the root directory in hope it's going to be scanned easier, didn't work. Then I deleted the hidden file the tv makes on the root of the drive, because maybe it'll force it to rescan the drive. Nope, not working, the damned movie was not displayed in the menu.
    I got frustrated, maybe it's a corrupt file, let me check it on my computer. Nope, the file is just fine!
    After reconnecting the usb drive to the tv, NONE of the files were present, just like an empty drive.
    At this point i panicked, checked it on my computer and saw that the files were still there and in frustration I unplugged the mains of the tv from the wall.
    After chilling, i tried calmly to watch the stupid movie again (which at this point was useless because I was in no mood to see a movie), and to my surprise, the file was there!!!
    I watched it but the whole experience was ruined because took at least 15 minutes to debug and I was trying to watch standup comedy...guess who wasn't laughing...
    <sarcasm>But really, the tv is fine, the network or the hdd drive has a problem</sarcasm>
    Horrible piece of...electronic device...

Edit: just to be clear, the tv and phone are visible under "simply share" which is not at all simply when the playback device (tv) just disappears from the network. But sometimes it works and I am able to watch pictures or small clips from my phone on the tv via "SimplyShare"
    There is no "Wi-Fi Smart Screen" present to select in the main screen. When you click on "help" it shows you some details about it, and in options you can set a pin to lock it or the streaming performance, but you cannot use it to watch tv content on the phone because it's not listed in the main screen.
    Last edited by psyk; 04-14-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I feel for you dude...This TV is a major catastrophe...

But the 'myremote' app works like a charm on my iPhone 5S...

If and when the TV decides to stay connected to my network...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Philips pfl6007k
    FW 150.92
    Optical out still doesn't work correct! 2 years and they can't fix it! menu slow, many restarts and restets settings. Smart tv... slow slow slow, this tv and software should have "beta edition" or even "alpha edition" in name!

tv has problem even with sound. When you listen songs from prendrive and change song for next you have to change sound profile because "incerible surround" stops working!

when the TV turns off automatically (auto turn off) and you want to turn it back on before goes out ambilight , the TV turns on and will make restart

Do something with it!!!!!
    Last edited by tataPszemka; 04-18-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    @tataPszemka:
    I'm not sure whether a feature or error, but it would seem that the Incredible Surround is working only when using the TV speakers (possibly also headphones), but for optical output it would seem to be disabled altogether, at least on my set (42PFL6907T).

If you disable "TV speakers" from the options (not just mute, but actually turn it "off"), you can even see yourself that the "Surround" option gets grayed out at the same time. "Auto Incredible Surround 3D" is still available, but it doesn't seem to do anything, even when using TV speakers (?).

The most probable explanation for the optical to bypass the Surround setting is that the SPDIF takes the original (un-altered) signal, like it should. Also, it's quite common for amplifiers/tuners to have their own options for virtual surround, which are more likely better than what the TV can provide.

As for the Incredible Surround turning itself off:
    Are you sure it's turning itself off, and not just lowering the volume level? I noticed that if the "Incredible Surround" is enabled while changing a song, it will lower the volume level drastically. But if I briefly change to Stereo and then back to Incredible Surround, the volume level will regain its original level. Well, one way or the other, there is indeed a flaw in there.

Automatic TV turn off:
    Yes, the software is quite iffy, so patience is a virtue. Better not make any rash actions, as the software seems to be on the edge all the time. As a general notion, it would seem like if there are too many input requests waiting on the line, it will automatically restart itself. So whenever it starts to lag or slow down, it's safest to just let the TV think it through, before pressing another button.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I use speakers in tv and Incredible Surround crash when I take next song, movie from pendrive. So I have to change in option 'Incredible Surround' to 'Stereo' and next back to 'Incredible Surround' . After that Incredible Surround works correct. I don't use any amplituner because sound via optical output doesn't work correct. I have Home Theater (philips just with hdmi out and optical in) so it should work good, but don't. I checked other amplituner (Pioneer and Denon) connected via optical output and always was the same problem.

I bought this tv because I thought that philips is still good company, but it doesn't. I have no more patience to this shit.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Lazy Philips programmers!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will be avaiable the new general firmware for TV 46PFL700712K, where will be fixed all stupid mistakes in last firmware?????????????

I will never buy any product of Philips Company!!!! I am frustrated, i lost my money with this TV!!!
    John, Czech Rep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Geralt1 For This Useful Post:

x7007 (04-24-2014)

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @tataPszemka:

1) What exactly is the problem with the optical? Lack of 5.1, distorted signal, something else...? If it's the lack of 5.1, then I assume you have already tried selecting "TV Settings/Sound/Advanced/Audio out format/Multichannel"?

2) Could you elaborate on what you mean by "crash" with the Incredible Surround?

3) Could you confirm whether or not the volume level decreases when you change the track while the Incredible Surround in enabled? And by this I don't mean what the TV says, I mean what you can actually hear.

4) What's the model number of your amplifier? Have you managed to get 5.1 audio to the amplifier from any other device, through the optical?

Also, I'd like to make sure that you understand that the "Incredible Surround" is only a virtual surround feature for the TV's own speakers, and as such it's most probably not even supposed to carry over to external devices. I even tried the headphones, and it doesn't carry over to them, either. In short, you will indeed also need a real 5.1 source material, like a movie with an actual 5.1 audio track. The MP3 music tracks, on the other hand, are 99% of the time only stereo (2 channels), so you can't test the real 5.1 surround with them.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    1) Watch this video (5:50 - 6:20). It's not my tv, but I have the same problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNaYqxUcQ0

2)I mean that the 'Surroudnd mode' stops working when I chose song. 'stereo' 'Incredible Surround', 'Incredible Surround 3D ' aren't working in that moment, so if I want to turn on Incredible Surround, I have to change it for 'stereo' (stereo in that moment start working) and back to 'Incredible Surround', after that everything is ok, until next song.
    I don't know how to explain it better. I can record video.

3) The volume is the same in 'stereo' and 'Incredible Surround'.

4) HTS3531/12

I know that it's just virtual surround and the songs are in stereo, but I prefer this mode because has pleasanter sound.
    Last edited by tataPszemka; 04-20-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    1) You mean the scratching noise? That is indeed weird, as the digital audio connections (optical included) are supposed to have prevention for those kind of sound distortions in the transmissions phase, by checking the integrity of the signal at both ends. In other words, the TV apparently itself sends that distorted signal thinking it's "correct", and the receiver naturally accepts it, as it passes the integrity check.

When you manage to get the noise on the amplifier's speakers, does the TV's own speakers still sound normal, at the same time? Or do they get distorted, as well? And from the video, it seems like it "fixes" the distortion by itself when changing the time position again? So it's not a permanent occurrence? Can you get the distortion at all without an amplifier? Does it happen with all source material, or just with some specific files? For example, one movie of mine can't seem to time-skip properly, but the time-skip is working in other movies. Whereas another movie doesn't display any video, but the audio plays normally. This has led me to believe that there are codec issues.

Also, does the distortion occur only after time-skipping, or is it possible to have the distortion right from the beginning? Also, does the distortion happen only with "Audio out format" set as Multi-channel, or does it happen with Stereo, as well?

2) I'm a little confused what you mean by "stereo in that moment start working"? Stereo is basically "left and right channel", so that is always "on". "Stereo" in the Surround options is equal to "Surround mode OFF".

3) By volume level difference in Stereo and Incredible Surround, I mean if you start a track, change the Stereo/Surround setting, then start a new track (or press STOP and select the same track again), does it AUDIBLY change the volume? On my set, the audible volume decreases noticeably, but it restores the volume level after I change the Stereo/Surround to something else and back.

But now that I checked it, I noticed that it even STARTS at the lower level, so it might actually be that re-selecting the Stereo/Surround is in itself the factor that induces the error, not the other way around. This is what happens to me:

<Start a track, Incredible Surround selected prior to playback>
    Track 1, TV volume 20, audible level 100% (InSu)
    <change track>
    Track 2, TV volume 20, audible level 100% (InSu)
    <change to Stereo>
    Track 2, TV volume 20, audible level 125% (St)
    <change back to Incredible Surround>
    Track 2, TV volume 20, audible level 125% (InSu)
    <change track>
    Track 3, TV volume 20, audible level 100% (InSu)
    <change to Stereo>
    Track 3, TV volume 20, audible level 125% (St)
    .... and so on.

In other words, changing the Stereo/Surround is not regaining the real level, but increasing the audible volume for way too high, even though stating that it's still at "20". Changing the track actually fixes the situation. I personally tried this, and indeed, (at least in my opinion) the virtual surround effects are still in place when starting a new track.

Could you check the above scenario, and check whether this is what happens with your set, as well? I'd recommend to use the same track all the time, so you can more easily notice the potential volume change.

----------

One thing that came to mind:
    Your HTS3531 should also have an USB, can you playback the files normally via that, outputting the video to the TV via HDMI? The HTS3531 also has an option for enhanced 5-channel stereo, so you would be able to listen to music from all speakers.

And just in case:
    Have you tried setting the "Audio out format" as Stereo, then sending the signal via optical to the HTS3531, and enabling the HTS3531's "5ch Stereo"? Are there any distortions?

I think some amplifiers accept only stereo through the optical. I tried to see whether your HTS3531 would be one of them, but I couldn't find detailed enough specifications from the manual.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Philips 46PFL9707: waste of money!!

I bought my 46pfl9707 about 6 months ago. The picture quality is great, sound is ok, design is beautiful. The software though is the worst I have ever experienced in a "finished" consumer product. It is absolutely a big big shame that a topline model has such unworkable software. Please Philips, come and pick my tv up, give me my money back or fix the problems as soon as possible. I lost all my faith in Philips and don't think anything will be fixed anymore. I posted a review earlier, in Dutch, totally objective, with positive and negative comments. Philips did not accept this review, most likely because I only gave 2 stars..? I had contact with customer support via phone, twitter and Facebook, complaining about this tv and in particular the software. They had the following instructions for me: install the latest firmware update..!! As if I am totally stupid..? Of course I have the latest firmware (December 2013 version). A couple of highlights of the problems:
    - HDMI CEC sometimes doesn't work, doesn't recognize amplifier and forgets devices added in sources. As a result also lipsync doesn't work anymore. Only thing I can do is unplug the power and plug in again. Sources are still gone, sometimes by surprise without doing anything the source appears again..
    - Remote stops working often (20% of the times or so) and only thing possible is again unplug the power: the tv freezes...
    - Smart tv is unusably slow and buggy. The tv totally freezes sometimes. The guide, not only used as guide but also when nothing else on the remote gives a reaction, makes the tv image small in left corner. After exiting the guide the image remains that small. Only solution, again and you expect already, is the power unplug! Besides that, the smart tv apps lack usability and content. There is no Netflix app although similar topline models from other brands offer this! RtlXL lacks gtst for example.
    - The tv is generally very slow and buggy. When pressing any button I don't trust that what is going to happen is actually what I asked the tv to do. Very often the tv gives a ci+ error. Again only solution is a power unplug.. I cannot let my girlfriend operate the tv when I'm not there. She has no clue of any workaround and just cannot watch tv without me..! It is a big shame!
    - Sound and picture are not in sync. Had to connect all my devices through my receiver (Marantz sr7008) because the tv does not support DTS nor HD audio pass through. Have to use same picture settings for all sources, because they are connected via receiver, although (sometimes) the devices are visible in sources.
    - The record functionality is buggy, sometimes works sometimes (don't see a reason) forgets the recording programmed. While recording one channel cannot watch another. Maybe because I only have one tuner. But why is it then not possible to watch another source.. While recording? Isn't that one of the big advantages to being able to record tv while watching a bluray?
    - Have not really tried using 3D, because of everything I read on this forum. This has to be fixed first, before I can enjoy a feature for which I bought this hugely expensive tv!
    - Last one: the software update option in the configuration menu does not work.

All this makes that I regret the purchase of this expensive tv. I don't enjoy watching it! Philips, how are you going to restore my faith in you? How will you make this flagship tv value for money, so usable? When is the new software expected?

Or will you finally start a big call back initiative and give us our money back!?

I trust to be taken seriously this time for the first time and hope that you will help all of us!

All forum followers and fellow Philips victims: please join me in requesting Philips for a solution. If they don't correct this, we want our money back! Let's unite, together we are stronger against this giant!
    Last edited by QuirijnR83; 04-23-2014 at 07:23 AM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to QuirijnR83 For This Useful Post:

dudis (04-27-2014),Final Flash (04-24-2014),martinsamus (04-26-2014),psyk (04-24-2014),thepauk (04-27-2014),Wally© (04-23-2014),westpaket (05-02-2014),x7007 (04-24-2014)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hola buenos días.

Últimamente tengo un problema.

Cuando cambio a un canal (aquí en España Antena 3) se ve todo negro. El sonido se escucha pero la imagen no se ve. El ambilight se bloquea y se pierde la información de la guía.

Apago y enciendo rápido y se vuelve a ver, pero cuando cambio otra vez de canal vuelve a suceder.

También pasa que a veces se apaga sola sin motivo aparente.

No tengo muchas esperanzas de que lo solucionéis pero yo de todos modos lo pongo.

Los menús son realmente lentos.

Bueno, eso es todo saludos.

Hi good morning.

Lately I have a problem.

When I change to a channel (here in Spain Antena 3) is all black. The sound image is heard but not seen. The ambilight is locked and the guide information is lost.

I turn off and turn on quickly and gets to see, but when I change channel again happens again.

It also happens that sometimes turns itself off for no apparent reason.

I do not have much hope that you give a solution of the problem but I put it anyway.

The menus are really slow.

Well, that's all regards.

PD Sorry for my English
    Last edited by majaril; 04-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by majaril View Post
    Hola buenos días.

Últimamente tengo un problema.

Cuando cambio a un canal (aquí en España Antena 3) se ve todo negro. El sonido se escucha pero la imagen no se ve. El ambilight se bloquea y se pierde la información de la guía.

Apago y enciendo rápido y se vuelve a ver, pero cuando cambio otra vez de canal vuelve a suceder.

También pasa que a veces se apaga sola sin motivo aparente.

No tengo muchas esperanzas de que lo solucionéis pero yo de todos modos lo pongo.

Los menús son realmente lentos.

Bueno, eso es todo saludos.

Hi good morning.

Lately I have a problem.

When I change to a channel (here in Spain Antena 3) is all black. The sound image is heard but not seen. The ambilight is locked and the guide information is lost.

I turn off and turn on quickly and gets to see, but when I change channel again happens again.

It also happens that sometimes turns itself off for no apparent reason.

I do not have much hope that you give a solution of the problem but I put it anyway.

The menus are really slow.

Well, that's all regards.

PD Sorry for my English
    As I see the Philips service not deigned to answer, give the solution that I've found. I had to retune all channels, which represents, as you know, reorder all channels again.

This way I could solve the problem of changing the channel hear the sound but no image is seen.

Philips Thanks again for nothing.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

New motherboard: doesn't help! Again no solution by failing Philips!

Quote Originally Posted by QuirijnR83 View Post
    I bought my 46pfl9707 about 6 months ago. The picture quality is great, sound is ok, design is beautiful. The software though is the worst I have ever experienced in a "finished" consumer product. It is absolutely a big big shame that a topline model has such unworkable software. Please Philips, come and pick my tv up, give me my money back or fix the problems as soon as possible. I lost all my faith in Philips and don't think anything will be fixed anymore. I posted a review earlier, in Dutch, totally objective, with positive and negative comments. Philips did not accept this review, most likely because I only gave 2 stars..? I had contact with customer support via phone, twitter and Facebook, complaining about this tv and in particular the software. They had the following instructions for me: install the latest firmware update..!! As if I am totally stupid..? Of course I have the latest firmware (December 2013 version). A couple of highlights of the problems:
    - HDMI CEC sometimes doesn't work, doesn't recognize amplifier and forgets devices added in sources. As a result also lipsync doesn't work anymore. Only thing I can do is unplug the power and plug in again. Sources are still gone, sometimes by surprise without doing anything the source appears again..
    - Remote stops working often (20% of the times or so) and only thing possible is again unplug the power: the tv freezes...
    - Smart tv is unusably slow and buggy. The tv totally freezes sometimes. The guide, not only used as guide but also when nothing else on the remote gives a reaction, makes the tv image small in left corner. After exiting the guide the image remains that small. Only solution, again and you expect already, is the power unplug! Besides that, the smart tv apps lack usability and content. There is no Netflix app although similar topline models from other brands offer this! RtlXL lacks gtst for example.
    - The tv is generally very slow and buggy. When pressing any button I don't trust that what is going to happen is actually what I asked the tv to do. Very often the tv gives a ci+ error. Again only solution is a power unplug.. I cannot let my girlfriend operate the tv when I'm not there. She has no clue of any workaround and just cannot watch tv without me..! It is a big shame!
    - Sound and picture are not in sync. Had to connect all my devices through my receiver (Marantz sr7008) because the tv does not support DTS nor HD audio pass through. Have to use same picture settings for all sources, because they are connected via receiver, although (sometimes) the devices are visible in sources.
    - The record functionality is buggy, sometimes works sometimes (don't see a reason) forgets the recording programmed. While recording one channel cannot watch another. Maybe because I only have one tuner. But why is it then not possible to watch another source.. While recording? Isn't that one of the big advantages to being able to record tv while watching a bluray?
    - Have not really tried using 3D, because of everything I read on this forum. This has to be fixed first, before I can enjoy a feature for which I bought this hugely expensive tv!
    - Last one: the software update option in the configuration menu does not work.

All this makes that I regret the purchase of this expensive tv. I don't enjoy watching it! Philips, how are you going to restore my faith in you? How will you make this flagship tv value for money, so usable? When is the new software expected?

Or will you finally start a big call back initiative and give us our money back!?

I trust to be taken seriously this time for the first time and hope that you will help all of us!

All forum followers and fellow Philips victims: please join me in requesting Philips for a solution. If they don't correct this, we want our money back! Let's unite, together we are stronger against this giant!
    Yesterday a CE Repair technician came to look at the problems and to try and fix the tv. He installed a completely new motherboard, which should solve all issues. Since then I used the tv just a little bit, but problems seem to be still there (as I would expect.. They are all software related...). I will maintain a log the coming days / weeks of everything that irritates me about this tv. Philips, please do something! This is clearly not the solution...

For all that are in doubt whether to buy a Philips: don't! If the product you but is not ok, it will never be and Philips will not do anything about that! They just leave you with the frustration as soon as they have your money!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast