Bronze Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    hi toengel,
    the problem with the fw .92 is, the ard hbbtv service is now complete unusable for other channels than the fist one! the first ard channel stays for ever in the red button selection of all the other channels. all other hbbtv serrvice from other broadcasters works fine, and fine means the tv boots after using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0622.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	2298

fw not usable for me...
    Last edited by westpaket; 12-15-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

tv is not properly shutdow, takes a min and while the usb drive keeps spinning.

you can fix this?, I take time with this problem and every time I turn off the tv, I have to wait to shut down properly.

do not understand why it worked before and not the latest firmware.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @radek68: maybe this is the first release where the quick start function is really running.

Changelog says: "Improvements in Quick start feature."

try to enable again!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    To Philips, iv just brought a 46pfl7007t and it as replaced a faulty Samsung TV, previous to this I have owed Sony TV’s, but I came across your 46pfl7007t for under £950 and thought I would give it a go.

Now, the picture is excellent and better than the other two that I had and the backlight is even across the panel, which is a relief, I am really pleased we the TV until I started to play 24p content and the motion is way too fluid and looks like a soap opera, but turning PNM off makes the image judder way too much and there is no middle setting, yes there is min, mid, max, but all they do is detect when the image is moving fast or not it does not turn down the interpolation so some judder is still in the image to make films in 24p look right. On Sony when turning down motion flow to min does just that and keeps some judder in the image but removes only a small amount of judder, Samsung works like yours a little, but it as a custom control, to control the amount of interpolation needed from 0 to 10 and setting it at 4 ( this TV I was using was a Samsung 46F6670) takes some judder from the image but not all.

Would it be possible to add this feature via firmware to this TV and may be all your TV’s which use PNM as I found reading all the threads on here and else where about this problem having too much fluidness to the image which seems speeded up, this would help a lot and it would reduce CPU overhead as it would not be working a full rate and when the PNM system jumps back to normal picture when the image is moving too fast it would not look as bad or noticeable and would reduce blocking and artefacts as well, like it does on Sony and Samsung models. So what I am asking, could a custom slider be added to the PNM to choose how much judder is reduced by the PNM system.

Hope this is the right place for my message or if there is a better place to post my message or send to Philips direct, please let me know.

Thank you!

Mike.
    Last edited by 007L2KiLL; 12-16-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Model: 55PFL6007T

New issues with FW150.92:

Internet TV-guide stopped working altogether: Only black screen and the blue waiting animation at the bottom of the screen. Tried lots of things to get it back but no luck so far.

TV randomly freezes then goes to black screen and reboots: So far I have seen this issue twice, after updating. First time, after using WI-FI Smart Screen via iPad.
    Second time after watching a movie via HDMI and returning to normal TV input.

Every time, after turning on the TV from Stand-by (not from Quick start) it says USB harddrive found, reading files. This message stays on the TV until I press Return button.

Still, there are issues with WI-Fi Smart Screen: Need to turn WI-FI smartscreen off, then back on, or reboot the TV to get it working.

Still have issues when TV is being turned on: Channel update message. New channels found. Will be updated after next stand-by. Sometimes some of the channels are listed with an N (New) next to its channel position. This is happening on Cable (DVB-C) from the Yousee, the largest TV signal provider in DK.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 42PFL6907T/12 (Finland)
    Previous Firmware: 150.89 (I skipped the .91)

Just wanted to confirm to people on the fence:
    The 5-pixel shift bug is fixed.

But the color banding in Computer/Game mode still exists. Anyone interested can go here to test it:
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

The difference should be quite visible when switching between Standard mode and Computer/Game mode.

Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aatu View Post
    TV Model: 42PFL6907T/12 (Finland)
    Previous Firmware: 150.89 (I skipped the .91)

Just wanted to confirm to people on the fence:
    The 5-pixel shift bug is fixed.

But the color banding in Computer/Game mode still exists. Anyone interested can go here to test it:
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

The difference should be quite visible when switching between Standard mode and Computer/Game mode.

Yes, same , 40-7007K

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 40PFL7007K/12
    Previous Firmware: 150.89

Positive:
    + 5-pixel shift fixed

Negative:
    - Color banding on Computer/Game mode still exists
    - When using any 3D mode, Game or computer mode is disabled bug still exists. causing heavy stuttering and mouse lag in-games and a lot artefacts in movies.
    WORKS FINE WITH 150.81 FIRMWARE- But 150.81 Has the 5 Pixel Scaling problem !

Philips- Why can't the Game/Computer mode stay on when I change to 3D mode ? no matter what mode !?

It's UNUSABLE to play 3D Games without Game MODE ON !

I have non stop image stuttering it hurts the eye.
    I can't play FPS games or any game that required mouse precision and fast response.

HOW To fix that ! Which firmware that worked fine ? I have more than 30 games to play cause all those philips 3D bugs are just making it nothing then 2D TV Certificated.

With what Firmware the bug does not exist ?

The 3D PROBLEM IS FIXED WHEN USING 150.81 !

That's the lowest I could find.

GAME MODE STAYS even after going to ANY 3D mode and the performance stay the same without any LAG Input.

And this Bloody version has the bloody 5 Pixel Scaling problem ! What did I ask for , Only to play 3D normally from a 3D TV that suppose to work when watching movies and playing games in 3D ?? COMON philips, I can't play any games because of those stupid seriously bugs, you will never find this bugs on NORMAL Computer monitor.

Make sure when you release a new firmware !

1- There is no 5 Pixel Scaling problem on the left side ! IMPORTANT
    2- There is no problem what so ever in 3D Mode when using Game/Computer mode AT ALL ! Make sure it works properly 100%
    3- Don't cause any problem to AMBLIGHT ! it seems that this is the only thing that works properly
    Last edited by x7007; 12-16-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    46pfl8007k/12 ---- 150.92 - installed 3 days ago

-provider TV-Vlaanderen (Sat. Astra1,2,3)
    -CAM TV-Vlaanderen (latest FW) + Smart card

Experience after 3 days with FW 150.92 (updated from 150.91 as recommended by Toengel)

- When changing channels :sometimes the screen goes black/ no sound. TV is stuck that way and must be restarted. This happens when switching channels by the numbered buttons, the up/down button and the "OK" button when in EPG-mode. This occurs once or twice a day.

- Network connection wizard keeps starting by itself on NED1 & NED3 every 3-5 minutes. When pressing the "OK" button to stop the wizard, a recording icon appears in the right corner below and disappears after a few seconds.
    No change in this behaviour.

- TV shuts down by itself after some time, even with no external devices hooked up. Timer settings are "Off". No change in this behaviour.
    This was my fault. I did a factory reset witch resetted the timer to standard value, 240 min. Timer is Off now, problem gone.

- TV shuts down and restart by itself ( happend 3x in 30mins. and is now back on another 30 mins. without restarting)
    Problem was only the first day. The TV seems haunted.

- TV is responding much slower than before (with FW 150.91).
    I did a reinstall of FW150.92 but the TV keeps responding slower.

Update notes are followed as recommended, factory reset is done, no additional settings made.
    No external devices hooked up, except the CAM + card to the CI slot.

Best regards,

Johnvc
    Last edited by JohnVC; 12-19-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added new info

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    can someone tell me what is the response time for gaming?

for a tv for example high end has more input lag than other midrange or low?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james87 View Post
    can someone tell me what is the response time for gaming?

for a tv for example high end has more input lag than other midrange or low?

That's not really the subject here man, this is thread is to fix bugs. but as for your question I heard that the philips 4000 series has 16ms or even lower compare to higher 6000 - 7000 - 8000 - 9000 series. but ofc each series has way other advantages than just Input lag, image quality, amblight, 3D performance + 3D Quality .

for example 7007 in reviews they say it's about 60ms in game mode and 300 ms without or something in this range.

60ms is still good, I can play BF4 without a problem or LoL.

It just not cut for Championship league or competition
    Last edited by x7007; 12-17-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @x7007:

Are you using a computer for the 3D games? If yes, then I would suggest trying TriDef3D (trial available, too). In there, select "interleaved mode reverse" (or something along those lines).

I've never even tried using the TV's own 3D feature (side-by-side nor 2D-3D-conversion) for anything but movies and videos. I always assumed that the input lag would automatically be absolutely hideous in 3D mode.

But with TriDef3D, you don't need to use the TV's 3D modes at all, as you can force the computer to do the line separation, and thus the TV doesn't even realize you're playing a 3D game, so it won't try to change anything. You will most probably need to use "Unscaled" in the TV's "Picture format" menu, and always use native resolution, in this case 1920x1080, otherwise the line separation could cause crosstalk. Unfortunately, for consoles this isn't possible, as TriDef3D is for PCs only. And not sure how much of a performance hit the "reverse" mode takes. But from some other forum (I think it was TriDef3D's own forums) I heard that "interleaved" is usually the best option for all Passive 3D TVs. Feel free to try the others, though.

I don't have that much of a grunt in my computer to try the newer games (C2D E6400, nV GTS250). My system is just not enough for 1920x1080 resolution, it seems. Newer games struggle even with 2D playing. It's been a while since I last tried, but last time I tried the FarCry with the TriDef3D, everything was fine. Yesterday I tried Fable. That was fine, too (though a little bit of crosstalk on bigger contrast changes, like with a white shirt on a dark background). In FarCry, the framerates were quite OK, but Fable was probably around 20fps. But yes, I seriously need a better computer. Processor is from 2006, and GPU is from 2008...

@james87:
    With my 42PFL6907T I can get around 30-40ms input lag with Computer mode with Vsync disabled. Regular mode gives about 100ms.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Philips,

I've been enjoying my 55PFL6007/12 TV for quite some time now. Apart from the occasional HDNM artifacts (which i've learned to live with) i have an issue with the 150.091 and the just released 150.092 firmwares: while watching normal TV the picture freezes (but the sound continues). Switching to another channel, then back to the original one solves the issue (which might happen a few times per evening, once an evening or not at all...). Usually happens when watching RTL4 or RTL5 in the Netherlands (but that might just be because these channels are the most used ones). Also saw other users report this in the 150.091 thread.

Never experienced this with a pre 150.091 firmware and it's quite annoying. Can this be looked at and fixed?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RyFeR View Post
    Hello Philips,

I've been enjoying my 55PFL6007/12 TV for quite some time now. Apart from the occasional HDNM artifacts (which i've learned to live with) i have an issue with the 150.091 and the just released 150.092 firmwares: while watching normal TV the picture freezes (but the sound continues). Switching to another channel, then back to the original one solves the issue (which might happen a few times per evening, once an evening or not at all...). Usually happens when watching RTL4 or RTL5 in the Netherlands (but that might just be because these channels are the most used ones). Also saw other users report this in the 150.091 thread.

Never experienced this with a pre 150.091 firmware and it's quite annoying. Can this be looked at and fixed?
    Please report your finding here too : http://philips.to/1f6Y2UW

And please say if you notice the other bugs in the forum too, including the 3D bug and the Quality bug when using Game/Computer mode ON. the link and the explanation is in the link on someone post about Banding issue.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    Please report your finding here too : http://philips.to/1f6Y2UW

And please say if you notice the other bugs in the forum too, including the 3D bug and the Quality bug when using Game/Computer mode ON. the link and the explanation is in the link on someone post about Banding issue.
    Hi, i'm not using 3D (never cared for it although the kids sometimes watch a 3D movie but don't complain), never had issues with game mode (i use a Wii and PS3 with this TV). Did experience the occasional reboot with pre 150.091 firmwares but have not seen it since 150.091.

Reported the freeze issue in the tech tread, hope they fix it quickly because it's very annoying...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast