• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation 55PFL8008S buzzing noise

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a problem with my recenty bought Philips 55PFL8008 TV set. The problem is similar to described here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-buzzing-noise

When TV is on, the buzzing sound comes from the chassis around the room. The main disturbance is that it is heard from 2 meters away from TV. It can be heard not only when the speakers are off, but also with quiet watching, in the morning or in the evening. I am pretty satisfied with all the rest, but this problem crosses all the benefits for me . As far as i have understood, mainly, users do not have problems with that model, so that warranty service told me there is no service bulletins from Philips, so they can do NOTHING te help me. Service center is not agree this is defect. I am ready to deal with software bugs etc, but DC-DC converter / coil buzzing is hardly accepted. Are there any other complaints about it? What could be done? Or there is nothing to do and I have to throw new TV away?

The sound comes from the middle of the TV from both sites.
    | |
    |_________________|

Ambilight does not affect the problem. When "Switch off the display" option is used, then it is completely quiet.

Advices? Solution?

Thank you!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gljuk View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam, I have a problem with my recenty bought Philips 55PFL8008 TV set. The problem is similar to described here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-buzzing-noise

When TV is on, the buzzing sound comes from the chassis around the room. The main disturbance is that it is heard from 2 meters away from TV. It can be heard not only when the speakers are off, but also with quiet watching, in the morning or in the evening. I am pretty satisfied with all the rest, but this problem crosses all the benefits for me . As far as i have understood, mainly, users do not have problems with that model, so that warranty service told me there is no service bulletins from Philips, so they can do NOTHING te help me. Service center is not agree this is defect. I am ready to deal with software bugs etc, but DC-DC converter / coil buzzing is hardly accepted. Are there any other complaints about it? What could be done? Or there is nothing to do and I have to throw new TV away?

The sound comes from the middle of the TV from both sites.
    | |
    |_________________|

Ambilight does not affect the problem. When "Switch off the display" option is used, then it is completely quiet.

Advices? Solution?

Thank you!

Hi gljuk,

What "warranty service" do you mean in this case? Did you call your local Philips customer service team?

If yes, in which country are you located?

If no, please call your Philips customer service team:
    http://www.support.philips.com/suppo..._selector.jsp?
    Select your country and preferred language, then Contact.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you for a quick reply.
    I am located in Estonia and our local warranty service (official service where Philips televisions are being repaired withing warranty period) is Simson OU. I send the TV to their office. Then the service man called me and described politely that television meets all the regulations and there must be no problem with it.
    BUT, no other televisions I have seen in shop while being choosing had such problem. I have asked from other forums also and none of xxPFL8008 owners complained the buzzing noise. It puts me to thing that it is a single defect with my concrete TV set. But it seems that service does not understand or do not want to help me.
    I have found the local support number 6683061 and it seems that this is not the service i have contacted. Will call them and describe the situation.
    I'll let you know also.
    Thank you!

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Have contacted the local support center. I have been told, that they can do nothing in case Support center claims TV to be OK. But the operator promised to contact someone other to make all clear.
    I sit and hope now that something could be done, otherwise is will be the worst spent 2K€ in my life
    Well, actually I see now how the business goes here, in Estonia. It is all right with the item, and the customer is fool. Could you promise me I have the opportunity to PAY for the repair? I am able to come to the service center and point at the eletronic components needed for being replaced . My technological education and many years of electronical experience makes me confident about this. I just do not want to loose warranty and I want to enjoy my NEW PHILIPS TV. All the rest is just great with the TV!!!
    Thank you!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gljuk View Post
    Have contacted the local support center. I have been told, that they can do nothing in case Support center claims TV to be OK. But the operator promised to contact someone other to make all clear.
    I sit and hope now that something could be done, otherwise is will be the worst spent 2K€ in my life
    Well, actually I see now how the business goes here, in Estonia. It is all right with the item, and the customer is fool. Could you promise me I have the opportunity to PAY for the repair? I am able to come to the service center and point at the eletronic components needed for being replaced . My technological education and many years of electronical experience makes me confident about this. I just do not want to loose warranty and I want to enjoy my NEW PHILIPS TV. All the rest is just great with the TV!!!
    Thank you!

Hi gljuk,

Could you please send me a Private Message (click my name and Private Message) with your customer service reference number and contact details?

Thanks!

Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Today i was informed that serivce center did nothing and they return the TV to me. They claimed they had absolutely the same TV and it had the same sound. So it seems not the item specific, but model specific problem. And... now they agreed the sound is coming out. In the beginning they told that no sound is coming out
    So... waiting for the other claims about the same problem and hope. Hope...