Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up How about "Net TV" in the USA?

I just bought a 55" 1080p 240 MHz from best buy and I'm not satisfied with net tv. I thought I would be able to search the Internet with some sort of google app. Also though I would be able to use you tube and can not find that app. It is weird that I have to go through Zulu to see the apps instead of add then to that main screen when you hit the nettv button on the remote. How can I add apps there? Also I see that there is a favorites section in Zulu but can't figure out how to add apps there. Or if I wanted to search for an app o can't figure out how to do that. I want to see you tube and can't find that at all. I'm in the USA if that helps. I'd figure that YouTube would definitely be available. Where is it? Should I be looking outside of that Zulu section? When I hit nettv button all I see is Netflix vtuner Zulu and twitter

What am I doing wrong?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aemerson82 View Post
    I just bought a 55" 1080p 240 MHz from best buy and I'm not satisfied with net tv. I thought I would be able to search the Internet with some sort of google app. Also though I would be able to use you tube and can not find that app. It is weird that I have to go through Zulu to see the apps instead of add then to that main screen when you hit the nettv button on the remote. How can I add apps there? Also I see that there is a favorites section in Zulu but can't figure out how to add apps there. Or if I wanted to search for an app o can't figure out how to do that. I want to see you tube and can't find that at all. I'm in the USA if that helps. I'd figure that YouTube would definitely be available. Where is it? Should I be looking outside of that Zulu section? When I hit nettv button all I see is Netflix vtuner Zulu and twitter

What am I doing wrong?
    Hi,

just look at the list of supported Apps in your country: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...et-TV-services

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks

Net TV in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by aemerson82 View Post

What am I doing wrong?
    First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the Net TV feature.
    To elucidate things a little: Net TV in the USA (/F7 models) is completely different than Net TV in Europe. In the USA you have access to a limited number of internet applications like Netflix, VUDU, Blockbuster, etc.. So the "App list" published on our forum is NOT applicable to USA models!
    Please contact your local helpdesk or the user manual for more detailed information, as I do not have much info on it (as we are more focussed on EU). Also maybe this FAQ can help.

Regards,
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

NET TV - USA (Three apps ....REALLY??)

Is there any plans to add additional apps to the NET TV USA versions? Am I able to download a revision that will allow additional apps to this new 55" that I just bought last night?

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Net TV Apps

hi,

Just bought a led tv with Net tv. but i only get netflix. how can i download more apps to it .

thanks all

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,
    I am in US and i was planning to buy 40PFL7705DV/F7 with Media connect. I wanted to check which applications are available in this TV for US? Also if any one has tried using wireless adapter to stream video from PC? How does it work? Any lagging?

cheers
    B.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    NetTV is a feature on (mostly) Europe TV models. Netflix for US TV models works differently. Anyway I forwarded your question to your local customer service organisation.
    Last edited by Philips; 03-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Thank you for your inquiry. At this time, the only apps available on your TV are the ones that you currently have access to. There are no additional apps available to download. In the future, if additional apps are to become available, we will post updated firmware with the update instructions and a notice of changes made.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

U.S. Net TV

Hi

I have a 46pfl5705d with Net TV and all I have access to is Netflix, Vtuner, and Twitter. I have seen that this is all that is available on the US model. Is this true. If so that pretty ridiculous. Are there plans to add more features? Anyone have any information on this?
    Thanks Much

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

the same with me , i just purchased a 46"pfl7705DV/F7 in the USA. NETTV has absolutely nothing (VUDU,netflix and some radio apps) only paid services ???. There is not even a web browser to stream video on the web. Why is the US market so limited?? big monopole. I will not buy another Philips product

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Although Philips sells TV's "smart" in the USA, and Canada they do NOT support them. There is no Browser there is no support to speak of for North America. Although there TV's are superior to all the Chinese manufacturers there is no support. I wish i would have known this before i purchased my TV from PHILIPS. I would have thought that the Dutch would treat the Canadians better very disappointed.