• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Question Wi-Fi MediaConnect network issue with TV, 40PFL4706/F7

I have a 40" 4000 series smart TV (40PFL4706/F7). The TV is connected to my network and I can use anything in the NET TV menu and it works fine. Obviously since I'm typing from it, my computer is connected to the network with no issues.

I have the latest released version of Wi-Fi MediaConnect installed on my computer (v1.6.44). This is the version that came up to download with my MediaConnect code and my TV model. My computer a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win7 and meets all of the requirements for the program.

Now to my issue... when I start MediaConnect on my computer and click start projecting I receive the following error "Network device not available. Please check your network interface first." Well clearly the network interface is working as I mentioned above so does anyone have any ideas as to where I go from here?

The only thing I could find on this issue over the web was firewall settings. I have setup the firewall to allow MediaConnect so there are no issues there. I even tried turning the firewall off to remove the possibility of it interfering with MediaConnect and it still had the same problem.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    How is it that no one has responded to this? This is just ridiculous, I should have bought a Sony.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rimi0001 View Post
    I have a 40" 4000 series smart TV (40PFL4706/F7). The TV is connected to my network and I can use anything in the NET TV menu and it works fine. Obviously since I'm typing from it, my computer is connected to the network with no issues.

I have the latest released version of Wi-Fi MediaConnect installed on my computer (v1.6.44). This is the version that came up to download with my MediaConnect code and my TV model. My computer a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win7 and meets all of the requirements for the program.

Now to my issue... when I start MediaConnect on my computer and click start projecting I receive the following error "Network device not available. Please check your network interface first." Well clearly the network interface is working as I mentioned above so does anyone have any ideas as to where I go from here?

The only thing I could find on this issue over the web was firewall settings. I have setup the firewall to allow MediaConnect so there are no issues there. I even tried turning the firewall off to remove the possibility of it interfering with MediaConnect and it still had the same problem.

Hi rimi0001.

My apologies for the late reply. Your thread must have missed my attention.

I have a few suggestions in regard to your issue:

-How far is the laptop and router away from the TV when you are attempting to connect? We recommend 20ft or less.

-Make sure the TV and laptop used are both on the same wirelessnetwork. If one of those is wired Mediaconnect will not function properly.

-There may be other WiFi devices interfering with the connection. We recommend turning off all other devices except for the PC and TV.

-PC may be overloaded. Boot the PC and close all mediaapplications before trying to project.

-Adjust the bit-rate:
    Right click the TV icon in the notificationtray and select [Options].

Select the [Bit rate] tab.

-Adjust the resolution of the display:
    Right click the TV icon in the notification tray andselect [Options].

Select the [Resolution] tab.
    Select an option for PC screen resolution, tryto set to 800x600, so an SD picture, first.

If you are still having issues hereafter, please provide the make and model number of the router you are using and we will look into this further.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Alright well I have decided to try this again. I actually uninstalled the antivirus program and installed a new one. This has alleviated the first error I mentioned. So it leads me to believe it was related to the antivirus program some how.

However now I receive a new prompt that says"For better performance, close all media players and screen-capture programs". Well there is nothing running so I hit "Done" after which it prompts me again with "Close other media players running on your PC. You can restart the media players when WiFi MediaConnect is running". So I click on the other option, which is "skip". The only other option is to click "Skip". When I click "Skip" I receive the error prompt from MediaConnect saying "Encoding failed. Restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect". If I restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect all of the above repeats again.

I've followed your previous suggestions as well and nothing helps with the issue. I'm running a Cisco DPC3000 modem and a Cisco Linksys E4200 router.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Alright well I have decided to try this again. I actually uninstalled the antivirus program and installed a new one. This has alleviated the first error I mentioned. So it leads me to believe it was related to the antivirus program some how.

However now I receive a new prompt that says"For better performance, close all media players and screen-capture programs". Well there is nothing running so I hit "Done" after which it prompts me again with "Close other media players running on your PC. You can restart the media players when WiFi MediaConnect is running". So I click on the other option, which is "skip". The only other option is to click "Skip". When I click "Skip" I receive the error prompt from MediaConnect saying "Encoding failed. Restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect". If I restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect all of the above repeats again.

I've followed your previous suggestions as well and nothing helps with the issue. I'm running a Cisco DPC3000 modem and a Cisco Linksys E4200 router.

Hi rimi0001,

Please check for any programs running in the background via task manager.

Some processes could be hindering the MediaConnect from working. In the same panel check the CPU usage make sure it is under 50%.

Another reason could perhaps be because your router has UPnP enabled. Try to disable it using your router Login information.

Usually it's somewhere under "administration", then "management" in the router settings. Set UPnP to disabled.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi rimi0001,

Please check for any programs running in the background via task manager.

Some processes could be hindering the MediaConnect from working. In the same panel check the CPU usage make sure it is under 50%.

Another reason could perhaps be because your router has UPnP enabled. Try to disable it using your router Login information.

Usually it's somewhere under "administration", then "management" in the router settings. Set UPnP to disabled.

Best regards,
    Ina

Nothing is running in the task manager for applications other than things that are associated with MediaConnect. Looking at the processes nothing is sticking out to me as a program that would interfer with MediaConnect. CPU usage is minimal ranging between 5-10%.

I disabled UPnP and the problem still remains.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Nothing is running in the task manager for applications other than things that are associated with MediaConnect. Looking at the processes nothing is sticking out to me as a program that would interfer with MediaConnect. CPU usage is minimal ranging between 5-10%.

I disabled UPnP and the problem still remains.

Hi rimi0001,

That's quite odd really. Do you have any way of trying a different PC?

We'll continue to look into it and see if we can't find out what the issue could be.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi rimi0001,

Did you manage to try with a different PC?

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod