What do I have to do to make this new IP-EPG working with my 32PFL8404H?
I currently still get well known Error 500 but now with new designed background...
Try new channel search DVB-T only? New channel search DVB-C? Clearing internet cache with or without club philips re-registration? Disable or enable joint space? Will their be a sowftware update (currently using 026.078)?
See availability matrix
Originally Posted by Ontracker
See the IP-EPG availability matrix. here
IP-EPG is not available for 2010 models using DVB-S.
That explains it!
Perhaps you can use a trick to get IP-EPG anyhow.
(See this example here)
Last edited by DellUser; 05-09-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Confused and angry!
I'm not aware of the things described in the foreign language, maybe someone can translate it to english or german, maybe it works for me. Otherwise i always have to check the EPG on DVB-T and then switch over to -S, but most programs are not on DVB-T but on -S so this is a very bad workaround.
As i still do not know where the big difference between 9705 and 9715 is in Hard- and in Software except the remote control i expect that there is not that much business to fix the problem via update. Now this -S EPG is a piece of shit that is years back compared to the competitors and should be fixed immediately by the development!!!
Indead I have DVB-C too. Ziggo with CI+. It cannot be true it depends on the provider whether or not you will get IP-EPG. Ziggo has nothing to say about my tv at all!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Alicia
So Philips explain why it isnot there in the Netherlands when you have CI+ from Ziggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very angry about this! I paid for this feature, so Philips should provide this.
We fixed this one!
Originally Posted by bta
missing function of "back button" is fixed - thx.
The current time is still missed at the german version of IP-EPG.
I can confirm, back function works now. Great EPG, I think.
thanks for fixing the "back button" issue! Now the IP-EPG is useable again... now it's time for the clock...
I noticed the new EPG look and also found some minor problems
1) Previous versions showed start times of all programs (as far as i can remember). Now the start time of programs that are running is not there, so you dont know how long ago the program is started.
2) Previous version had a 'now' function under the [down] button to return to the actual program overview after scrolling to later times. This button has disappeared.
So?? When can the CI+-users with Ziggo expect a fix?? They want IP-EPG too? Why isnot this fixed, because the 2011 Ziggocertified models do have the IP-EPG-feature.
Originally Posted by Philips
So when do I get what I paid for????
Originally Posted by Erikrijnders
@ Erikrijnders As mentioned earlier on this forum, have you tried this:
1) Starting point is a TV with DVB-C channels installed. Tried to use IP-EPG, but this did not work.
2) Unplug the antenna cable. Only leave a short coax cable in the TV (i used the cable that i use to connect to my HD recorder)
3) Set the channel location to DVB-T (config>channel settings>install channels>antenna/cable>antenna DVB-T)
4) Install channels from DVB-T (config>find channels>new channel installation>DVB-T)
5) Now set the EPG location to network (config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>network
6) Go to the Program Guide and let it find program information
(if it does not work try to set EPG location to channel and back to network:
config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>channel,
config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>network)
7) Now set the channel location back to DVB-C (config>channel settings>install channels>cable DVB-C)
8) Update channels (config>find channels>update channels)
It worked for me
Philips must come with an answer. I donot want to go to all these steps to get what I should have in the first place. I am not going to do that.
Its silliness that a customers must go trought all these steps to get what Philips blocks!!!! Philips please answer when this is solves in the near future:
When can the CI+-users with Ziggo expect a fix?? They want IP-EPG too? Why isnot this fixed, because the 2011 Ziggocertified models do have the IP-EPG-feature.
So when do I get what I paid for????
Originally Posted by Chrissie18
I also started complaining to Philips, but finally found out this procedure with some help.
Takes you a one time investment of 5 or 10 minutes and it works now for more than half a year without problems!
I bet Erik has spent a lot more time already posting unanswered posts to Philips...
(although I am also a bit disappointed in the way Philips deals with these complaints)
These steps as mentiones shouldnot be neccesary. There are a lot of consumers who do not know this forum at all. I am very disappointed in the way Philips acts, a would expect a correct answer: we are working on this problem....
Originally Posted by Niels
So Phiips give us a status update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !