• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

annoying issues operating the TV

This is about my new 47PFL7008K/12 TV running the latest (12-12-2013 173.044) software update. I am happy to say that the major feature of the TV, which is the screen of course, is absolutely fantastic. However I am struggling with these annoying things:

The major issue is that I cannot get the TV to synchronize sound and picture properly. I am using the internal speakers of the TV and no separate receiver box ( I use the CI module with a Ziggo cable connection in The Netherlands). Some channels show this effect more than others, but still I cannot fix this using the sound delay function of the TV. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Another issue concerns the "guide" function. The TV offers the option to use either internet input of TV broadcast input for this. Using the internet option the TV more often than not says that no internet connection is available. Checking this under Internet Connection shows that the TV actually is connected (This happens using both WiFi and cable connection). Further, using internet input the screens shows the current channel "in screen" whereas using broadcast input only let's you hear the sound of the current channel. Is there an option to get the "in screen picture"here as well?

Further, in general I must say that the TV is slow in about everything, start-up, menu functions etc. I believe I am not the only one having this view and hopefully something can be done about this.

And last, the TV sometimes shuts itself of. Is this a software flaw?

Greatful for your suggestions.

Cijfer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cijfer For This Useful Post:

JCBastosPortela (02-18-2014)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cijfer View Post
    This is about my new 47PFL7008K/12 TV running the latest (12-12-2013 173.044) software update. I am happy to say that the major feature of the TV, which is the screen of course, is absolutely fantastic. However I am struggling with these annoying things:

The major issue is that I cannot get the TV to synchronize sound and picture properly. I am using the internal speakers of the TV and no separate receiver box ( I use the CI module with a Ziggo cable connection in The Netherlands). Some channels show this effect more than others, but still I cannot fix this using the sound delay function of the TV. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Another issue concerns the "guide" function. The TV offers the option to use either internet input of TV broadcast input for this. Using the internet option the TV more often than not says that no internet connection is available. Checking this under Internet Connection shows that the TV actually is connected (This happens using both WiFi and cable connection). Further, using internet input the screens shows the current channel "in screen" whereas using broadcast input only let's you hear the sound of the current channel. Is there an option to get the "in screen picture"here as well?

Further, in general I must say that the TV is slow in about everything, start-up, menu functions etc. I believe I am not the only one having this view and hopefully something can be done about this.

And last, the TV sometimes shuts itself of. Is this a software flaw?

Greatful for your suggestions.

Cijfer

Hi Cijfer,

Please try to update to the latest software version 173.44. If you still experience this issue, please report it in the appropriate software thread.

Thank you.
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have a 47PLF6158K/12 since around 2 weeks, and about image quality I'm happy, but the TV is extremely slow! The TV is updated, but still it is impossible to use any of the applications from the Smart TV.

This product as a TV is great, but please, don't call it a smart TV because you cant use it as such. Youtube way to slow, making its usage so annoying you prefer not using it. Well, I'm a embedded engineer with width experience, and during development stage one of the mistakes have occur: the CPU way to slow or the Linux way to heavy. If the former is true, then no Firmware update will save this TV. Even my Raspberry Pi preforms better.

In conclusion, I wish I could return it, but the 15 days passed already and just now I tested the Smart TV properties.
    Last edited by JCBastosPortela; 02-19-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Misspelling of "wish".