Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Philips Server Not Found v 2

Ok! Hello you support.
    I'm "happy" owner of Philips 5507 Smart TV. And I want to get answers on 3 questions, only!
    1. I've got some posts on russian forum of technical support (I'm from Russia) with a single problem. The problem is - Sometime, tv doubling channels at end of channel list. There's no any system to me, but from time to time i find from 5 to 8 "new" channels from earlier found channels at the end of channel list. Up to 50 "new" channels in 6 month. Russian support just says it's all local tv operators' (providers') tricks - But, it's a bu**sh*t. The problem still NOT resolved, even after 2 new firmware update. Would you like to fix the problem in near future? Or maybe the philips company policy is - the problems of users are still users' problems after purchase?
    Ok, proceed...
    2. In my local (home) network i've got single router with 2 tv's Philips. The first is 7606 (2011 Smart TV) and the second is 5507 (2012 Smart TV). Since last week Smart TV is working on 7606 and stop working on 5507. In last days i've got reset to factory settings 5507 and tuned it up from scratch. The result is Smart TV on 5507 is still not working while 7606 is OK. WTF? You advice me reboot router or tv or router with tv or to reboot what? Why this b*llsh*t goes on? Why, for example, LG does tv much better then philips? I understand, that buyer must think twice before purchasing tv... I understand, that first reaction on string above would be "so buy LG tv and don't f*** the brain"... But, anyway...
    3. Why support so poor? The support could explain everything but do nothing to realy helps users. All answers are either "we don't face the problem on our tv" or "try to reboot..."? Too many users are posted the same problem, but support says - "No problem guys! Just reboot!"
    Thanks if you read whole post... Thanks twice if you will answer me... Thanks trice if you help me and fix the channel doubling on 5507 with new firmware. And please "kick" the russian support to force their sevice..

Silver Member
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about all the issues you've been having, yokul that sucks. A little more info would be really helpful, though --

Quote Originally Posted by yokul
    of technical support (I'm from Russia) with a single problem. The problem is - Sometime, tv doubling channels at end of channel list.
    What provider are you on? Is this on DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S? (I know very little about broadcasting in Russia)? What channels are duplicating?

Quote Originally Posted by yokul
    Since last week Smart TV is working on 7606 and stop working on 5507.
    The 5507 has some issues right now, sometimes you have to update the firmware twice (i.e. update over the latest firmware) to resolve this... you don't mention which version you have, so I can't give specific links etc. but:

- Download the latest firmware upgrade
    - Create a folder called "UPGRADES" on your USB stick,
    - Extract the autorun.upg file to UPGRADES and rename it to "test.upg"

Then, on the TV, go to Setup -> Software settings -> Local updates. Select test.upg. You may need to do this a couple of times.

As for your last question, I've never had to deal with Russian support, so I really can't say The guys from Philips are really helpful on the English forum, though!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lhave For This Useful Post:

yokul (01-08-2014)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thank alot, lhave.
    Your guide was helpful to me. I'd like to post translation of your advice on russain forum if you don't mind. It will be helpful to anybody.

Anyway, software version before update was х.97. Tv satndart in Russia since 2012 is DVB-T2 for terrestrial broadcasting.