• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Not all CanalDigitaal HD channels are detected?

I have 37PFL6777K/12 and use it to watch satellite TV (DVB-S) with my CanalDigitaal subscription in the Netherlands. All worked well for the SD channels. A few months ago I upgraded my CanalDigitaal subscription for SD to HD channels.
    Initially I had problems viewing HD channels that use MPEG4 encoding. This problem was solved by buying a newer CI module - see my other forum post. I can now watch some of the HD channels offered by CanalDigitaal. For instance I do have Ned2 HD en SBS6 HD, in good quality/low bit error rate. So no problem there...
    My new problem is that most other HD channels are 'invisible' - they are not in the list of selectable TV channels. (e.g. Ned 1 HD, RTL4 HD) Apparently they were not found by the DVB-S receiver during installation. I already tried the following:
    - Re-install all satellites and channels. Tried a few times. Always the same results.
    - Manualy installed the Ned 1HD channel by entering all satellite parameters (frequency, polarization, etc) Doesn't work - seems like there is nothing to see on the forced channel.
    - Installed latest firmware (150.92) and re-installed all satellites again - doesn't change anything.

Anybody with similar experience? Any suggestions?

FYI: A scan of Astra 1 satellite results in about 1100 TV channels, a scan of Astra 3 results in about 160 TV channels.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie67 View Post
    I have 37PFL6777K/12 and use it to watch satellite TV (DVB-S) with my CanalDigitaal subscription in the Netherlands. All worked well for the SD channels. A few months ago I upgraded my CanalDigitaal subscription for SD to HD channels.
    Initially I had problems viewing HD channels that use MPEG4 encoding. This problem was solved by buying a newer CI module - see my other forum post. I can now watch some of the HD channels offered by CanalDigitaal. For instance I do have Ned2 HD en SBS6 HD, in good quality/low bit error rate. So no problem there...
    My new problem is that most other HD channels are 'invisible' - they are not in the list of selectable TV channels. (e.g. Ned 1 HD, RTL4 HD) Apparently they were not found by the DVB-S receiver during installation. I already tried the following:
    - Re-install all satellites and channels. Tried a few times. Always the same results.
    - Manualy installed the Ned 1HD channel by entering all satellite parameters (frequency, polarization, etc) Doesn't work - seems like there is nothing to see on the forced channel.
    - Installed latest firmware (150.92) and re-installed all satellites again - doesn't change anything.

Anybody with similar experience? Any suggestions?

FYI: A scan of Astra 1 satellite results in about 1100 TV channels, a scan of Astra 3 results in about 160 TV channels.

Hi Robbie67,

I would advise you to contact the Dutch customer service team in this case, as they will be able to assist you in performing in-depth troubleshooting:

http://philips.to/J5ge6o

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks Ina, but the problem was just resolved a few days ago. It appeared that the problem was the satellite dish, which was incompatible with the new double-LNB needed for the HD channels. Because of the incompatibility the Astra 3 was never really in focus and suffered from bad signal quality.
    I replaced the dish by a smaller one and that solved all problems. I now have all HD channels in superb quality...