Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Question Smart TV & Other Issue

Hello,

I have a question about a couple of things about my television:
    TV: Philips 55PFL8008K/12
    Software: QF2EU-0.171.56.0

First off ill start about the Smart TV, i find it very usefull however it is very slow to respond when starting up. That is not really a problem but the mouse pointer in most applications responds really badly and slow or not at all, which might be due to other parts refreshing. I would like to know if there is a setting for this to improve the mouse pointer or that there is going to be a fix for this so it feels responsive.

Also on the right top part of Smart TV is something that updates regularly, i don't care about that information and i would like to customize that part or remove it, is that possible? I feel this is slowing down the Smart TV.

The keyboard on the back of my remote control is very handy BUT it can not be used in for instance YouTube or some other apps, why is this the case? Am i doing something wrong?

The last issue i would like to point out is that when using a memory stick of 32 GB the TV plays it flawless but when im using my WD 1 TB External HD the tv just seems to reboot or whatever its doing it goes black when i play i video or picture.

Also in Smart TV some applications seem to freeze after some time of not being used. Can someone suggest a fix for this? The back key wont work in that case but the exit key does.

Kind Regards,

Bob
    Last edited by Supreme Being; 01-19-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Bob,

I will try to answer some of your queries

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Being View Post
    Hello,

I have a question about a couple of things about my television:
    TV: Philips 55PFL8008K/12
    Software: QF2EU-0.171.56.0
    Please upgrade to the latest software version 173.44.

First off ill start about the Smart TV, i find it very usefull however it is very slow to respond when starting up. That is not really a problem but the mouse pointer in most applications responds really badly and slow or not at all, which might be due to other parts refreshing. I would like to know if there is a setting for this to improve the mouse pointer or that there is going to be a fix for this so it feels responsive.
    Please try to reset your remote control and re-pair it as follows:

1. Press FORMAT + Mute + 0 simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.

2. Press Home to check if the remote is successfully unpaired (- menu should not appear nor disappear).

3. Without pressing any other buttons, remove the batteries and place the remote keyboard side up on a flat surface. Press down firmly but carefully so all buttons are depressed for 4-5 seconds.

4. Reinsert the batteries and try to pair the remote to the TV:

Hold your remote control close to the TV (10cm) and press down the Red and the Blue buttons simultaneously until the TV gives the message: "Pairing Successful".

Also on the right top part of Smart TV is something that updates regularly, i don't care about that information and i would like to customize that part or remove it, is that possible? I feel this is slowing down the Smart TV.
    It is not possible to remove this section. When you first entered SmartTV you were prompted to accepts or decline Personlised Recommendation. This is the section of SmartTV that reflects your choice.

The keyboard on the back of my remote control is very handy BUT it can not be used in for instance YouTube or some other apps, why is this the case? Am i doing something wrong?
    You are not doing anything wrong. Not all apps support the use of keyboard in-app. YouTube for example does not support this feature.

The last issue i would like to point out is that when using a memory stick of 32 GB the TV plays it flawless but when im using my WD 1 TB External HD the tv just seems to reboot or whatever its doing it goes black when i play i video or picture.
    Please ensure that the HDD either has it's own dedicated power supply or doesn't require more than 500mA of power. The TV USB port can only supply up to 500mA of power and should the HDD require more than this, then this could create this type of issue.

Also in Smart TV some applications seem to freeze after some time of not being used. Can someone suggest a fix for this? The back key wont work in that case but the exit key does.
    Could say which apps freezes and after being inactive for how long?

Kind Regards,

Bob
    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Philips - Ina For This Useful Post:

Supreme Being (01-27-2014)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Bob,

I will try to answer some of your queries

Please upgrade to the latest software version 173.44.

Please try to reset your remote control and re-pair it as follows:

1. Press FORMAT + Mute + 0 simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.

2. Press Home to check if the remote is successfully unpaired (- menu should not appear nor disappear).

3. Without pressing any other buttons, remove the batteries and place the remote keyboard side up on a flat surface. Press down firmly but carefully so all buttons are depressed for 4-5 seconds.

4. Reinsert the batteries and try to pair the remote to the TV:

Hold your remote control close to the TV (10cm) and press down the Red and the Blue buttons simultaneously until the TV gives the message: "Pairing Successful".

It is not possible to remove this section. When you first entered SmartTV you were prompted to accepts or decline Personlised Recommendation. This is the section of SmartTV that reflects your choice.

You are not doing anything wrong. Not all apps support the use of keyboard in-app. YouTube for example does not support this feature.

Please ensure that the HDD either has it's own dedicated power supply or doesn't require more than 500mA of power. The TV USB port can only supply up to 500mA of power and should the HDD require more than this, then this could create this type of issue.

Could say which apps freezes and after being inactive for how long?

Best regards,
    Ina
    Thnx, the update solved a lot of the issues. What about the personilised recommendations, is there a way to disable it?

Kind Regards,

Bob

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Did you get keyboard to work with Youtube app?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,437
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

no keyboard in YouTube is an issue of the YT-App - Google need to solve that (if they want to support external keyboards).

Toengel@Alex