Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

TV Guide

Hello,

My TV model is 47PFL7108H/12 firmware ver. QF2EU-0.173.45.0.
    Since I bought this TV in November TV guide is not showing. I hoped that a firmware update will solve this issue, but nothing yet. I mean when I press GUIDE on my remote the tv guide UI appear, the channels are listed, it seems that the shows are delimited, but no text is showing. I have an UPC C+ card not an external decoder.
    When I press INFO when watching a channel it shows the time and description of the show, but no title (name of the show). I think that this two issues are related as long as neither of the two options are showing the title of the show.

I did everything possible, ex. factory reset, etc. I use TV Guide from the broadcaster setting. From the internet is not working in Romania.
    On my other TV (LG) and on my last TV (also LG) the guide is showing without any additional settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140131_143434_resize.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	2371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140131_142107_resize.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	2372  

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roflash2k4 View Post
    Hello,

My TV model is 47PFL7108H/12 firmware ver. QF2EU-0.173.45.0.
    Since I bought this TV in November TV guide is not showing. I hoped that a firmware update will solve this issue, but nothing yet. I mean when I press GUIDE on my remote the tv guide UI appear, the channels are listed, it seems that the shows are delimited, but no text is showing. I have an UPC C+ card not an external decoder.
    When I press INFO when watching a channel it shows the time and description of the show, but no title (name of the show). I think that this two issues are related as long as neither of the two options are showing the title of the show.

I did everything possible, ex. factory reset, etc. I use TV Guide from the broadcaster setting. From the internet is not working in Romania.
    On my other TV (LG) and on my last TV (also LG) the guide is showing without any additional settings.
    This issue has been reported since summer 2013 by various users, but Philips does not seem to care.
    The original firmware which came with my TV (May 2013, 163.xx I believe) did work, ever since it has been broken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willem2 For This Useful Post:

roflash2k4 (02-02-2014)

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply Willem2. I'm optimistic, so let's hope they will care at one moment, or I will return my TV if that's Phillips post sales strategy.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Spend 20 minutes on the customer care chat yesterday regarding this issue.
    Their conclusion: I have to contact my cable provider, as their EPG information is not correct.

Despite the fact that:
    1) the TV EPG worked with the firmware the TV shipped with
    2) EPG works on my Samsung STB
    3) EPG works on a Terratec DVB-C PC tuner

I think the only way this will get their attention, is if people from large cable providers also have this issue (my provider is relatively unknown, so it is easy for Philips to say that is where the problem is at).

For the Netherlands, we would need Ziggo or UPC users who encounter the same problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willem2 For This Useful Post:

roflash2k4 (02-02-2014)

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I bought Philips for the Ambilight feature, despite the negative feedback about the software, but now I think I'm done. The picture is good, but I encountered a lot of errors already discussed on the forums. I thought that the problems will be solved with software updates, but for the price tag this TV have, I consider it too buggy. So I'm thinking about LG 47LA860V, same price tag, lot of features, better smart software, no Ambilight alternative unfortunately. I'm sending it in service and hope to get my money back. From my experiences LG care much more about their customers.

For the moderators, feel free to edit my post if it's not allowed to mention other TV brands and models here.

Thanks again Willem, but in Romania Philips is not a big sale brand, Samsung and LG are, so I don't think that Philips representatives will give a damn about one pissed customer, despite the fact that the TV service provider is UPC and I'm sure their EPG information is correct as long as any other TV works as it should be.

Maybe someone from Philips will be kind enough to say something about this bug (one of many) on this thread and find a solution before I will return my TV.