Results 1 to 8 of 8
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 100, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    100
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Lack of volume control with headphones

    Hi, I am writing about lack of volume control when headphones are plugged in. TV model: 42pfl4007.

    I always have to go into menu, sounds and so on, just to correct the volume. I am sorry to say but it is very irritaiting.

    I have seen many posts on this forums reporting what I am just saying and moderators were to pass it on to the R&D. Is there a reason why after so many updates it is still not implemented? My very old 21 CRT Philips could do this.

    There are so many options to include it. I understand TV pilot is adjusting the volume of TV speakers even when headphones are plugged in, but it doesnt mean that it cannot be included. For example there is an option to turn off TV speakers. Why piliot still doesnt control the volume of headphones? Then it just doesnt control volume of anything. I just cannot understand it. There are some many options to make it happen.

    I only use headphones for my TV - for video gaming purpose - and it is obvious there are moments that are louder and more silent. And what - I am going to go into menu while game FMV is being displayed and increase volume then? That's not user friendly, it is against being user friendly.

    My question is - when is it going added to the model I specified? I am not asking "if" but "when" because you had enough time. Moderators know it becasue I have seen them saying to report it - did you really report or just said you will report and done nothing? Anyway while someone is to be blamed here it really doesnt matter me as I just want it to be included. Otherwise this TV is a trash. Why does it take so long? There is no simple reason not to include it. I understand if it was said for the first time here but no - you knew about it very clearly. So dont be surprised about my irritation. You had enough time and I waited for it patiently to be included. I am not going to wait any longer. Year and a half is too much torture with this volume so please understand.

    I sent this messge to Philips customer care so that now everyone knows. If moderators are to reply here - and I hope so - then please dont tell me you are only going to tell it to R&D because I will never hear back from you just as it was with many people that repoted it before. I am waiting for straight answer - "when". I havent bought any chinese clone of TV but from respected company. So I would like to see it - for now I feel like I made a very wrong purchase.

    And btw. there is a bug when you want to reconfigure display options. For example, if you reconfigure "Cinema" mode and you are going to change the timbre of coulor to cold, normal or warm, it will always revert back to preconfigured option. This is just an example becasue I dont remeber now for what exactly preconfigured display types it was valid but you can check it yourself now (some worked and more than a half not). Strange that it isnt corrected for so long time (two years?) but I shouldnt be surprised seeing how control of the volume with headphone is being implemented...

    Regards
    Last edited by kirkor; 02-03-2014 at 02:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,355, Level: 10
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    smdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    27
    Points
    1,355
    Level
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm completely agree with you.
    Since several months I've pointed out (like other users/customers) that issue, but it seems that Philips intends to ignore the needs of their customers......


  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 100, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    100
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smdb View Post
    I'm completely agree with you.
    Since several months I've pointed out (like other users/customers) that issue, but it seems that Philips intends to ignore the needs of their customers......

    That's right. Just to update the thread - now they pretend deaf. Can it really be called a "respected" company?

    Philips at Holland completely ignored my message. Philips at UK said they will investigate but did nothing - when I asked what is the result I never got message back.

    Maybe they think all headphones have volume regulator? LOL. Most high-end headphones dont have it for a reason. But still that doesnt explain this behaviour.

    Please take a note that moderator "Philips - Ina" also pretends not seeing this thread. HELLO "Philips - Ina", how are you? Is it nice to read and ignore it? You reply in every thread but unfortunaltely you missed this one? LOL.

    You are all funny people at Philips. I will never buy anything from you again and will spread it what you are doing to every forum I can. I will "help" you in a same way that you "helped" me. You have it guaranteed.

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Points: 1,462, Level: 10
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Points
    1,462
    Level
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I have noticed that this function is missing. You have only a general set up of the headphones output to calibrate the output volume so you will not have any output distortion...

    For me its is not a problem as i use wireless headphones so i turn the volume instant up and down from headphones ....come on guys 2014 and you still use cable headphones with NO volume control onboard??

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 100, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    100
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros_Kall View Post
    For me its is not a problem as i use wireless headphones so i turn the volume instant up and down from headphones ....come on guys 2014 and you still use cable headphones with NO volume control onboard??
    The problem with what you are writing here (with no offence) is that you have no idea about the difference in quality between wireless and cable headphones. I use my headphones (without volume control attached) for a reason. Believe me that I even wouldnt want anything wireless for free. The quality is just nowhere there. Your way of thinking is that "wireless" means something "newer" and therefore "better" than anything using "prehistoric" cables but this is where you are wrong. Also, these high-ends cost much, much more than you would think. Anyone that has a bit of audiophile inside of him or her, knows exactly what I am talking about. You are not going to get quaity on par with cables anytime soon or maybe just never. If you ever compared high-end headphones with anything wireless, I dont think you would use the latter one again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros_Kall View Post
    come on guys 2014 and you still use cable headphones with NO volume control onboard??
    As I wrote before, most high-end headphones dont have it and there is a reason for this.

    And this is why Philips playes on my nerves now. I would even try to understand if someone from their company gave me any argument why it is not there. I will never get that message because such argument simply does not exist. They think that they are "smart" but it is completely the opposite.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 21,019, Level: 44
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    21,019
    Level
    44
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Hi all.

    The request for a more easy to access headphone out volume control has been addressed in the forum several times already. The feedback has previously been sent on to development for consideration and has been extensively discussed.

    There are several reasons behind the way the headphone out is designed. One of the most important reasons is that headphones out is mainly still there for the hearing impaired, so for universal access and loop headsets use. The TV speakers and the headphones out is for this reason separated. A volume control for headphones out will not be implemented via the remote control.

    I will again let the developers know of your request, but since it has not been implemented for the past years, I do not believe this will be implemented in the future.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  7. #7
    Diamond Member
    Points: 55,051, Level: 72
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toengel's Philips Blog
    Posts
    6,173
    Points
    55,051
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 199 Times in 178 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Hi,

    wasn't there a possibility to control the headphone volume with MyRemote-App? I thought I did see a screenshot of MyRemote with that function.

    Toengel@Alex

  8. #8
    New Member
    Points: 100, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    100
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    One of the most important reasons is that headphones out is mainly still there for the hearing impaired, so for universal access and loop headsets use.
    Your statement is clearly not true as everyone knows 98-99% of people use it for "normal" reasons and nothing that you described. People dont live alone in caves anymore - there are other housemates that dont want to hear what I am watching or playing on TV. If I watch movie loud, then I wear headphones then. There are so many moments to make usage of this. And what you wrote that " is mainly still there for the hearing impaired" - to tell you straight - is funny.

    Even DualShock 4 gamepad from PlayStation 4 is using now headphone out. And no one from this company said it is for the reason that you described. And you are telling to the public that headphone out in your TVs "is mainly still there for the hearing impaired" while other companies even mount it in gamepads? That's pretty ignorant.

    I am sure most people who read it, know exactly that your argument is not relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    The TV speakers and the headphones out is for this reason separated.
    Wait, what - for what reason? What reason because you havent given any, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    A volume control for headphones out will not be implemented via the remote control.
    As I wrote before, there are several ways to implement it. It is enough to just use some of brain cells. Quoting myself: "I understand TV pilot is adjusting the volume of TV speakers even when headphones are plugged in, but it doesnt mean that it cannot be included. For example there is an option to turn off TV speakers". And yes, when you turn off built-in internal speakers, remote control doesnt control the sound of anything. Are you able to give any argument here? No, you won't be able to, because it doesnt exist. If you leave unused volume buttons, then it is stupid. It is just one example among many other opportunities.

    Maybe Philips development team is clumsy so that they cannot implement it? I wouldnt be surprised because even after so many updates my TV still can auto turn off and then on lol. Or these old bugs that I described in first post...

    Please use argumetns, because what you wrote is inexplicable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    I will again let the developers know of your request, but since it has not been implemented for the past years, I do not believe this will be implemented in the future.
    That's not only my request. It is a request of masses that scratch their heads "why" such obvious function is so hard to implement.


    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

    wasn't there a possibility to control the headphone volume with MyRemote-App? I thought I did see a screenshot of MyRemote with that function.

    Toengel@Alex
    Hi, unfortunately my TV isnt connected to the network to make it working with my Android device, but thanks for the suggestion. If it is true what you are saying, it is another argument that these people at Philips dont know exactly what they are doing - here "we will not implement it" (standard remote control) but there "we will" (android devices).

    I am more than sure now that I am dealing with no serious people. Also, I am still waiting for any argument why after such a long time it is still not there.
    Last edited by kirkor; 03-13-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Similar Topics

  1. Headphones SHD8900 - broken volume control
    By Lasa in forum Sound: Other Models
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
  2. Philips SHE7005/00 headphones - volume control
    By netheo86 in forum Sound: Other Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM
  3. Volume level on SHQ3017 in-ear hook-over sport headphones
    By DesA in forum Sound: Other Models
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 10:35 PM
  4. Volume up and down for headphones, PLEASE HELP
    By MrLoud in forum TV: User Interface
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •