• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Not Happy!

The TV that we bought from Costco went out 12-30-2013, exactly 2 years from the date we bought it (12-30-2011). My husband call on 12-31-2013 to their CONCIERGE service. The beginning of our calls to and from Concierge service (case 5286807). They finally called and wanted pictures of the TV's screen when it was on. I sent about 5 pictures via email with the case number on each email.. Finally on Jan 17, 2014 a nice young man came out with the repair box to fix the TV. Company supplying the parts, sent the wrong part for my TV. This young man thought that it was the screen, not the parts. Jan. 20 2014 another 2 men came out with the "right" parts, and put them in. Still didn't work, and they felt that it was the screen. They said that someone would be calling us. We have receive a number of calls, and finally one telling us that they would be sending us a new one, and a box to return the old one. It is now Feb. 4, 2014 and we still don't have a TV. I am not sure where to put the blame, but I am not happy with the SLOW service that we have gotten. This was a PHILIPS TV, that was put on our American Express card. My feelings all of this should have been taken care in a timely fashion, which it definitely not this case.
    This TV was on about 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. It was never abused, and still had the plastic on the base.
    Would like to know now, who is going to hook up this TV when and if it ever gets here? ? ?

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vnannizzi View Post
    The TV that we bought from Costco went out 12-30-2013, exactly 2 years from the date we bought it (12-30-2011). My husband call on 12-31-2013 to their CONCIERGE service. The beginning of our calls to and from Concierge service (case 5286807). They finally called and wanted pictures of the TV's screen when it was on. I sent about 5 pictures via email with the case number on each email.. Finally on Jan 17, 2014 a nice young man came out with the repair box to fix the TV. Company supplying the parts, sent the wrong part for my TV. This young man thought that it was the screen, not the parts. Jan. 20 2014 another 2 men came out with the "right" parts, and put them in. Still didn't work, and they felt that it was the screen. They said that someone would be calling us. We have receive a number of calls, and finally one telling us that they would be sending us a new one, and a box to return the old one. It is now Feb. 4, 2014 and we still don't have a TV. I am not sure where to put the blame, but I am not happy with the SLOW service that we have gotten. This was a PHILIPS TV, that was put on our American Express card. My feelings all of this should have been taken care in a timely fashion, which it definitely not this case.
    This TV was on about 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. It was never abused, and still had the plastic on the base.
    Would like to know now, who is going to hook up this TV when and if it ever gets here? ? ?

Hi vnannizzi,

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.

Could you please let me know your country of residence so I can direct your complaint and query better?

Also, if you have a Philips Customer Service reference number, that would be most helpful as well.

Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Be happy you got 2 years from your tv. I purchased mine last week and had problems from the start. The TV turns off and back on by itself! I asked in the software forum if anyone has had similar experience (and it seems on the web many have), and what could be done to fix it but as yet no response from anyone on the forum, INCLUDING THE PHILIPS MODERATORS! Soon it is unfortunately time to take it back.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    We live in Lodi California, USA and bought this TV at the Costco here in Lodi

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    If you can, I'd take it back.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Not happy

The case number is 5286807 whicht was given us by Costco's CONCIERGE service

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    The case number is 5286807 whicht was given us by Costco's CONCIERGE service

Hi vnannizzi,

Have you been in touch with the Philips Customer Service team regarding your issue?

Unfortunately we can't do very much from here regarding Costco's Concierge service, but I would strongly advise you to contact the US Philips Customer Service team regarding your TV, as they would be able to advise you further with your circumstances:

http://philips.to/19esV9w

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    "After 38 days, the reconditoned TV arrived. I probably should leave it on for 24 /7 for the 90 day warranty. The Costco Concierge Services must have called us at least 20 times. The last call on Feb. 6th, the girl said that she'd call when she got the tracking number. An hour later the TV was delivered."

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    "This is in ADDITON to what I have already writen about my Costco Philips TV. It finally arrieved on Thursday Feb. 6th. Husband got it hooked up, and the color and the picture was terrible. So he called Costco's CONCIERGE for help. They weren't familiary with the Philips, and they hooked a 3 way phone call with Philips, hubby, and Concierge. With this, the picture did get some what better, but still not good. I watched it Friday , Sat. & Sunday. Husband when today (2-10-14), and turned the TV on and the screen was BLACK. It would not turn on, there was nothing on the screen. The box that the TV came in said RECONDITIONED. Isn't it suppose to last more than 3 days??? That is a joke--they probably did nothing to it, just sent it off to another sucker. Husband called Costco Concierge Service again. today, who contacted Philips of the problem. Philips is going to contact their CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPT. AND WILL GET BACK TO US. "

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

TV Philips 40 inc model 40pfl3706/f7

The TV that we bought from Costco went out 12-30-2013, exactly 2 years from the date we bought it (12-30-2011). My husband call on 12-31-2013 to their CONCIERGE service. The beginning of our calls to and from Concierge service. They finally called and wanted pictures of the TV's screen when it was on. I sent about 5 pictures via email with the case number (**) on each email. Finally on Jan 17, 2014 a nice young man came out with the repair box to fix the TV. Company supplying the parts, sent the wrong part for my TV. This young man thought that it was the screen, not the parts.
    Jan. 20, 2014 another 2 men came out with the "right" parts, and put them in. Still didn't work, and they felt that it was the screen. They said that someone would be calling us. We have receive a number of calls, and finally one telling us that they would be sending us a new one, and a box to return the old one.

The TV arrived on Thursday Feb. 6th. Husband got it hooked up, and the color and the picture was terrible. So he called Costco's CONCIERGE for help. They weren't familiar with the Philips, and they hooked a 3 way phone call with Philips, hubby, and Concierge. With this, the picture did get some what better, but still not good. I watched it Friday , Sat. & Sunday. Husband when today (2-10-14), and turned the TV on and the screen was BLACK. The box that the TV came in said RECONDITIONED. That is a joke--they probably did nothing to it, just sent it off to another sucker. Husband called Costco Concierge Service again. today, who contacted Philips of the problem. Philips is going to contact their CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPT. AND WILL GET BACK TO US.
    It is now Feb. 10, 2014 and we still don't have a TV. I am not sure where to put the blame, but I am not happy with the SLOW service that we have gotten. This was a PHILIPS TV that was put on our American Express card. My feelings all of this should have been taken care in a timely fashion, which it definitely not this case. This TV was on about 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. It was never abused, and still had the plastic on the base.