Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

55PFL8008G/77 - No sound from speakers.

Hi there, first post.

Been looking around, googling, etc. Nothing helped.

Problem is I bought a 55PFL8008G/77 last friday. Everything was OK, I have analog cable, a DVD player through A/V input and a Wii with an A/V to HDMI adapter. Everything flawless (except the remote, that sometimes just ignores my input, but nothing unbearable).

Yesterday (monday), I affixed the TV to the wall. Everything still worked.

Today (tuesday), by the morning all was fine, then, after lunch, the TV lost audio through the speakers when we turned it on again.

I noticed that in the (Home)-(Picture and Sound) menu, there used to be a 'Speakers' option, near the 'Headphone Volume' option when the speakers did work. Now the 'Speakers' menu option is missing.

I plugged the TV off the wall for 10 minutes, plugged it back in. No change, 'Speakers' menu option still missing..
    I then reset all settings to factory (twice, one with a Philips tech support on the phone). No change.
    I upgraded the firmware to the latest one. No change.
    Tried the headphones, sounded OK. But I cannot get any audio from the TV speakers.

Unplugged everything from the TV except power and the cable provider. Reset the TV to factory again. No change.

I don't have any devices beyond regular A/V, some with HDMI adapters. No Home Theaters, Tuners, Deco Boxes, nothing more complex than plain vanilla A/V.

I don't know if a "secret sequence" of buttons in the remote would recover my audio.

Please help!

TIA,
    zxMarce.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Update - Called Philips Service.

Update: Called Philips Service today, explained the whole tango to their service rep and they don't have a clue as to why the Speakers icon dissappeared; got myself a service request number of sorts. They will pick the TV Set this friday because it's still under warranty and "will let me know", whatever that means.

I suppose they want to dissect it to see what went wrong where... Hope they find the culprit.

Ok, I think that's at least 5 days with no TV.

Well, that's it for now. You'll know more when I know more.

zxMarce.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

[SOLVED] 55PFL8008G/77 - No sound from speakers.

Last update.

When I called Philips, they asked me to have the TV in its box with the original packaging, but no accessories.
    Then, a whole week and a half of t-storms and heavy rains dropped on us, so Philips picked the TV up last tuesday.

Next, Philips Service (ElectroTel) called last friday saying that they did not detect anything wrong, and all diagnostics passed with 0 errors, which led me to ask if they had speaker audio. They said YES.

Therefore they did nothing and returned the TV to me. It is working as expected now, even with the Wii with its A/V to HDMI adaprter I bought from Deal Extreme.

The only two things I can think, being an electronics tech turned programmer, is that the long time without power had the problem -I suspect a setting/hung driver or whatever- correct itself. The other possibility is that the TV somehow 'thought' it had an ARC-enabled HDMI input (the Wii), which is NOT ARC, insisted on using ARC as the only audio to feed (bar the headphone audio) and stubbornly only threw audio through ARC, even with the Wii HDMI cable unplugged.

I don't know. I just hope it does not "surprise me" again... But, if it does, I'll unplug all inputs and power for at least 10 minutes and try once more.

The only thing, I still have no Speakers icon. That's weird.

Thanks.