Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

MP4 FullHD Video - DLNA file playback issues

Hi,

I've just bought a Philips Smart TV, model 32PFL4268K/12, and tried to watch Hi resolution (Full HD) MP4 Video files exposed through a DLNA server installed in a Linux Box, facing the following issue:

After setting up network connections of TV set and Computer, I've been able to browse video and audio files, and play them on the TV, but found that playback of FullHD files keeps pausing for about 3-4 seconds every 10-15 seconds of playback.
    Trying to playback the same files from TV USB port (copied in a USB memory card) I've got that videos are displayed fine.
    I've tried some network setups, DLNA servers, and computers, but issue persists.

Some info about my current setup and tests I've already performed:

1.- TV firmware has been updated automatically, via network, at first TV startup;
    2.- tried Wi-Fi and Ethernet port connection;
    3.- tried connection between Computer and TV set using just an Ethernet network hub;
    4.- tried MediaTomb media server on Linux Fedora Core, and in a Fedora Box with RealTime kernel (Linux iptables have been deactivated);
    5.- tried BubbleUPnP as media server on Android device;
    6.- the MP4 files have been taked with a camera, and with Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone.

All these tests leads to same result: Video Playback of FullHD videos rendered via DLNA Server keeps continuously pausing/hanging.
    Does anybody have any suggestion to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    MarcoC

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kilotangomike View Post
    Hi,

I've just bought a Philips Smart TV, model 32PFL4268K/12, and tried to watch Hi resolution (Full HD) MP4 Video files exposed through a DLNA server installed in a Linux Box, facing the following issue:

After setting up network connections of TV set and Computer, I've been able to browse video and audio files, and play them on the TV, but found that playback of FullHD files keeps pausing for about 3-4 seconds every 10-15 seconds of playback.
    Trying to playback the same files from TV USB port (copied in a USB memory card) I've got that videos are displayed fine.
    I've tried some network setups, DLNA servers, and computers, but issue persists.

Some info about my current setup and tests I've already performed:

1.- TV firmware has been updated automatically, via network, at first TV startup;
    2.- tried Wi-Fi and Ethernet port connection;
    3.- tried connection between Computer and TV set using just an Ethernet network hub;
    4.- tried MediaTomb media server on Linux Fedora Core, and in a Fedora Box with RealTime kernel (Linux iptables have been deactivated);
    5.- tried BubbleUPnP as media server on Android device;
    6.- the MP4 files have been taked with a camera, and with Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone.

All these tests leads to same result: Video Playback of FullHD videos rendered via DLNA Server keeps continuously pausing/hanging.
    Does anybody have any suggestion to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    MarcoC

Hi MarcoC.

Please confirm the actual software version installed. The latest version is 173.46:

HOME > [Setup] > [Software settings] > [Current software info] > Version...

Please ensure that the files you are trying to play conform to all the requirements for playback over network from Media Server. You can find this information from page 67 in the user manual:

http://philips.to/1g34oH2

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod