Bronze Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarnimo View Post
    With Fw.44 and .45 i needed to unplug my Tv for several times to. With this new .46 version(untill now) i dont have any problems like that

After you plugged of the powercord all works fgood for you now?
    Hi Jarnimo,

For me it is the other way around: .44 and .45 only needed to be unplugged once just after the upgrade, but .46 needs it every week. In version .46 also the picture quality degraded for some fast moving images, this is a new bug.

Actually, as I see it, the software gets worse with every new release.
    Last edited by AvdW; 03-04-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Is there a way to switch off the "new software" message?
    I have so many problems with my 47PFL6158K, motherboard was changed but most of the problems are not solved and, reading the postings, I strongly believe they will never be solved. It works kind of ok for now, and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible. So please tell me how do I switch off that message?

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello, after update to the new software Q2FEU-0.173.46.0, i do not see my NAS in my homenetwork. a week ago before the update. it was working well and i could see movies.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

There is my problems with tv 55pfl6008:

- not working subtitles over NAS (why? in documentation is subtitles support without any exclusion)
    - no DTS
    - many times TV not find NAS (after one or two TV restart miraculously works)
    - many time after do something (pause tv, change channel or something else) TV restart!
    - Wi-Fi Miracast no works correctly, connect ok, but works only few sec and then froze (but there is maybe problem on notebook)
    - many times no works Back to the actual TV broadcast, always when need of course (when no need works perfect, but tooo sloow)
    - TV is toooo slooow

I bought Philips because want ambilight and i think all this standart functionality works perfect as on my old Samsung TV.
    Can somebody answer why 5 years old cheaper Samsung TV faster and better like new 2013 Philips model? How Samsung no problems with restarts, NAS, DTS, subtitle over NAS, NAS, even SAMBA support?

thx

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    I have some problems too with this new version... audio sometime doesn't work and I have to turn off the TV. Also when I put the TV in the 3D mode it turns off without pressing any button on the remote. I don't know why, but I hope that a new software version will be releasing soon... it's an amazing TV, so it HAS to work amazingly well in my opinion...

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by starcam View Post
    Just an update for my issue. I called the Philips customer centre last Friday (8 days after I sent it in) and they told me the issue is not fixed and they are still checking. Today I called again to check (12 days after sending in) and they still told me the same thing. When I asked what was wrong, they couldn't tell me exactly and just told me they are waiting for the parts to be changed. ETA is by this week. But I'm just skeptical as to why couldn't they tell me what needs changing or fixed. Almost 2 weeks without my TV and I'm going crazy. Ina, if you could, please tell your Malaysian Service counterpart that this issue is known and it is not right to keep your customers waiting for so long for it to be fixed or even a proper diagnostic report to me.
    I am posting this again as it seems an earlier post got lost or it wasn't approved.

This is the 3rd week and my TV is still not fixed by the Philips service centre. Last week they said the parts will be there and I can expect the TV early this week. I called today, one person told me the part is still not here and another told me the parts are her but after replacing the TV still has problems. It is totally unacceptable that a manufacturer service centre takes more than 3 weeks to repair a defective product. Shouldn't they be offering a replacement or refund by now if they cannot fix it? I mean I can understand if they are only authorized dealers but this is Philips direct.

Ina, if you can respond to my problems, I would appreciate if you can tell me whether your Malaysia counterpart is competent to handle repairs and why haven't this problems been escalated?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    I am posting this again as it seems an earlier post got lost or it wasn't approved.

This is the 3rd week and my TV is still not fixed by the Philips service centre. Last week they said the parts will be there and I can expect the TV early this week. I called today, one person told me the part is still not here and another told me the parts are her but after replacing the TV still has problems. It is totally unacceptable that a manufacturer service centre takes more than 3 weeks to repair a defective product. Shouldn't they be offering a replacement or refund by now if they cannot fix it? I mean I can understand if they are only authorized dealers but this is Philips direct.

Ina, if you can respond to my problems, I would appreciate if you can tell me whether your Malaysia counterpart is competent to handle repairs and why haven't this problems been escalated?

Hi starcam.

I do not have a Malaysian counterpart, but do not see any reason as to why the Malaysian service team would not be equipped to resolve your issue.

I also not sure which "known" issue you are referring to. If a TV doesn't boot up and displays an LED flashing sequence, this can mean a whole range of things and these can only be appropriately determined by an authorised technician at a service centre.

If you have attempted to install firmware not intended for your TV it is likely the reason the TV requires repair. If you have installed firmware for your TV, then this is not the appropriate place to report these issues, I'm afraid. This software thread is only applicable to EU TV models and your TV is not an EU model.

Please do contact the Malaysian customer service team to resolve any concerns you may have regarding your repair.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all.

I'm interested in additional information in regards to both audio delay (audio sync) and audio drop out.

Please let me know the following:

DELAY ISSUE:

What comes first: Video or audio?

Does adjusting the Audio delay setting on the TV reduce the delay or increase it?

Is the issue present on both TV speakers and audio output or just one? If just one, which one?

What is the estimated time of the delay?

Is the delay continuous (about 200 ms) or is it fluctuating (going over 1 second)

Is it solved when changing the source of the TV ( going to TV mode, preset change of a setup box is not enough)

DELAY + DROP ISSUE:

If only present via audio out and not TV speakers, what output is used?

What sources are affected? All or specific sources?

Does changing the audio from multichannel/advanced/5.1 to stereo/PCM/standard change anything? Does it improve or "resolve" the delay?
    (NB! Depending on where the issue presents itself, you may need to change settings on both external device and/or TV).

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Philips - Ina,

You ar not responding for every post that we done here.
    Why?
    Is this place where we report our problems and where you will try to help us.
    If you need more info for my issue please ask.
    If you already preparing solutions for my issue plese infor me when I can expect solution.
    If you preparing new firmware lease let us know.
    If you have no solutions in 21 days till we report issue let us roll back firmware and provide us with old working firmware.
    If you can not do that on public do that by pm.

Thank you

I call everybody to support me on this forum.

Banned
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone about all problems.

I have 47pfl6008k 173.46 firmware
    Every new firmware - more problems, worst picture.

If you make upgrade from network is very possible to kill tv ... and must go in service ... Tv want upgrade from network, but it's not possible. Must be make by usb. Is it not possible to make possibilities to start again firmware installation if something is wrong ? Everytime when make firmware upgrade i am afraid that tv can die ...

Smart tv - the only useful application is youtube ... and still problem with 3d. Many time tv restarts because of smart tv. Tv restarts because of usb connections, also usb connection by multimedia player. This is not smart tv !!! And everything in smart tv is extremly slow ...

Format picture, for example auto fill not work correct every time ...

Tv forger settings sometimes and must make it again ...

Tv have 100Hz panel, but picture with moving objects is worst than other 50Hz tvs ... If perfect natural motion option is on is better, but there is a lot of artefacts behind moving objects ... just horrible. And all other options for better picture make picture worst !!! Everything must be "off"'. Then why customers pays for this options ?

Why this tv have so small settings about picture? Other tv-s have a lot of settings for picture ... For example there is not backlight brightness ... i have clouds and is not possible to reduce it ...

Problem with tv crashes and need restart ... from cable ... this is not normal !!!

Kayboard on remote control is almost not useful ... Just there is no place to use it ... Keyboard not work in smart tv ?

PLEASE make good firmware ... if you have not good software technichiens - change people. Or make open source firmware. I spend more money for tv than other brands and i have horrible tv.

And please let us (customers) to know that something is happen ... 1 mount from last horrible firmware and nothing new. If you correct one thing - you make 2 thing bad. Now new model tv 2014 are avaiable and i am afraid that old models will be forget ...

For now i am sure that this is my last Philips ... and will tell to all forums that philips have so many problems ...
    Last edited by peter_m; 03-12-2014 at 07:59 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peter_m For This Useful Post:

chuckydrayman (04-02-2014)

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi starcam.

I do not have a Malaysian counterpart, but do not see any reason as to why the Malaysian service team would not be equipped to resolve your issue.

I also not sure which "known" issue you are referring to. If a TV doesn't boot up and displays an LED flashing sequence, this can mean a whole range of things and these can only be appropriately determined by an authorised technician at a service centre.

If you have attempted to install firmware not intended for your TV it is likely the reason the TV requires repair. If you have installed firmware for your TV, then this is not the appropriate place to report these issues, I'm afraid. This software thread is only applicable to EU TV models and your TV is not an EU model.

Please do contact the Malaysian customer service team to resolve any concerns you may have regarding your repair.

Best regards,
    Ina
    I came to this forum thru a search on Google of my problem and no, Malaysian Philips website does not have a forum where I can search for answers. Nevertheless, one would assume being the headquarters, you will be able to help all your Philips consumers. So my apologies on making that assumption.

I said that it is a known issue is because the previous firmware a user, Berek, had a similar problem after trying to upgrade his firmware. And he ultimately had to send his TV in where they replace something for him that fixed it.

I have not been given a choice whether or not I want to install the firmware. When I tried to use the SMART TV functions, it prompted me that a newer firmware needs to be installed so I had no choice or I couldn't move forward.

Anyway.... THANKS for your answer.

Banned
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Thanks
    Continue with problems:

DTS - no comment ... for this missing dts i buy chipest china multimedia player for 30Euro and now i have dts sound. But what i found:

Application of player are better and useful than tv application in smart tv !!!
    When play bluray movie on tv via usb - picture is ok, but on every 10-15 second picture is freezing for small time ... not possible to watch movie !!! With cheep multimedia player is not problem because player have option for 24Hz !!!

Smart tv craches many times with "loading" or floating bar ... need restart tv ...

And all the tv crashes and restarts (also cold restart from power cable) ... is the same like to buy new car and on every 100km to restart the engine ...

PLEASE make something. If it was possible i will return tv at the moment !!!

... and today applications from smart tv not start ... may be again problem with your server ...
    Last edited by peter_m; 03-13-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    I said that it is a known issue is because the previous firmware a user, Berek, had a similar problem after trying to upgrade his firmware. And he ultimately had to send his TV in where they replace something for him that fixed it.
    My issue was that after a firmware upgrade my tv stopped working. I had to call the user support hotline, they made me try a few recovery procedures to no avail and then they arranged a mainboard replacement. It took them about 1 month (maybe because it was around christmas) then I had my tv back home.

Since then I used my tv few times and have experienced random lock ups, anyway I haven't updated because of fear it would hang my tv again.

I'm waiting for a stable firmware, a real stable one. And possibly a firmware which will speed up things, because, as it is now, my 6158 performs sluggishly and I can't believe Philips has release such buggy products.

We are acting like beta testers, but we aren't paid for that, instead WE paid... for broken products! I'm starting to think I will ask Philips an exchange with a 2014 series tv when they will be released...

Just to let you know more, I'm a member of an italian forum where we have a specific thread about Philips 2013 tv sets where you can find more upset owners...this isn't something happening to a small number of people, it's a general issue and, to me, Philips must take the situation under really severe attention.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damphil View Post
    Hi Philips - Ina,

You ar not responding for every post that we done here.
    Why?
    Is this place where we report our problems and where you will try to help us.
    If you need more info for my issue please ask.
    If you already preparing solutions for my issue plese infor me when I can expect solution.
    If you preparing new firmware lease let us know.
    If you have no solutions in 21 days till we report issue let us roll back firmware and provide us with old working firmware.
    If you can not do that on public do that by pm.

Thank you

I call everybody to support me on this forum.

Hi damphil.

No, I do not respond to every post, because this is a software experience thread where issues with software can be discussed between users, and where we collect valuable information.

All the feedback that is given in both this thread and in the Technical Feedback thread is however passed on to the software development teams. It is there the issues are assessed and where they deliver the solutions from in regards to software issues.

In short: I don't develop the software, I merely report on it. Therefore I can't always provide solutions until the next software is released. I also can't comment on ongoing software development, even if I did have some form of information in this regard.

I can promise you that if there is a need for additional information, then it will be asked for! However, not all issues require more info as the information already provided is sufficient.

In regards to your report of ghosting and flickering images, have you tried adjusting the Perfect Natural Motion setting?

HOME > [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Picture] > [Pixel Precise HD] > [Perfect Natural Motion]

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_m View Post
    ... and today applications from smart tv not start ... may be again problem with your server ...

Hi Peter,

Which apps are you currently having issues with?

It could perhaps also be helpful to report issues with individual apps in the SmartTV section of the forum.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast