Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Points: 19,004, Level: 42
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,004
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Thumbs up Experience thread - FW v000.173.046.000 (173.46) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013

    Hi,

    The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here:
    http://philips.to/1nrLDxn

    This thread is for details and discussions.
    This FW is applicable to EU models only.

    IMPORTANT:
    After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

    Changelog:


    QF2EU-0.173.46.0 (Date published: 2014-02-10)
    • Solution for picture moves 5 pixel right when in PC/ Game mode.
    • Solution on the level of the infobar on Bulgarian cable. (Blizoo operator).
    • Solution about HBBTV (through the red button) that gives a black screen instead of video content provided by the broadcast.
    • Improvements for Smart TV.
    • Improvements in Russia text database.
    • Improvements in audio/video sync in digital broadcast.
    • Improvements in Video on demand applications (Ukraine and Slovenia)


    QF2EU-0.173.45.0 (Date published: 2014-01-29)
    • Improvement on picture level for the 60PFL8708S (Elevation set)


    QF2EU-0.173.44.0 (Date published: 2013-12-10)
    • Solution for half of the HD subtitles that are not displayed.
    • Unicable implementation shall support a user selected LO frequency.
    • Introduction of DVB-T profile full in case of Bulgaria.
    • Introduction Chinese language in Fusion and also (again) on Android.
    • Solution for Telenet, during wintertime clock is still according summer time (+ 1 hour).
    • Solution about "You have connected a CAM" osd is seen coming up while navigating through TV Guide.
    • Improvement with Ambilight Hue set up configured.
    • Solution to avoid that during installation you gets failure for Romania country, when selecting "Other" as Operator.
    • Solution so that Sky Bundesliga SD and Sky Select SD services shall always be installed.


    QF2EU-0.173.42.0 (Date published: 2013-11-20)
    • Solution for Take Away Display (TAD) when there are 3 or more TVís in the network using IOS7.
    • Solution for 3D not available on YouTube.
    • Solution for Skype - Handling of Microsoft ID.
    • Solution for Ambilight flicker in 24Hz Videos (to be verified)
    • Solution for TV crashing while Using Ambilight+Hue App


    QF2EU-0.171.56.0 (Date published: 2013-09-05)
    • Improvements in quick startup implementation.
    • Solution for screen edges reset.


    QF2EU-0.171.51.0 (Date published: 2013-07-11)
    • Solution to use Netflix.
    • Solution regarding installation issue in Switzerland.
    • Solution regarding MHP application.


    QF2EU_0.171.49.0 (Date published: 2013-07-05)
    • Enabling DTS for 7000/8000/9000
    • Wifi smart screen for Android devices (requires Philips MyRemote app)
    • New application Multi Room TV watching.
    • New version of YouTubeLeanBack.
    • Improvement of the MyRemote App at the level of the TV-guide and control on Smart Phones.
    • Improvement about installation Czech UPC cable.
    • Improvement about BBC i-player movies not working.
    • Improvement to have the favourite channels on top via IP-EPG.
    • Improvement for the Social TV app.
    • Improvement about the crackling/loud plopping noise when switching on HDMI equipment.
    • Improvement for the remote control pairing in virgin mode.
    • Improvement to avoid to have only vertical lines but to have picture at startup.
    • Improvement to avoid reboots when playing 3D via Blu-ray or Astra 3D.
    • Improvement to get positive DVB-S Unicable installation with Technisat equipment.


    QF2EU_0.68.18.0 (Date published: 2013-04-12)
    • Solution about consistent behaviour of the EXIT key.
    • Home screen adaptation for Germany. (Kabel/Antennen Fernsehen)
    • Hebrew text disabled in Now en Next + 8 days EPG. (Mainly solved for Israel market)
    • Improvement stability behaviour when starting up from HDMI source.
    • Live TXT subtitles from broadcast no longer shown during playback of a recording without
    • BBC iPlayer, video and radio program is functioning again.
    • Solution about sometimes no connection to Philips Smart TV portal during virgin installation.


    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Points: 639, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    36
    Points
    639
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Unfortunately i got no feedback from anyone one from phlips about my SPDIF micro cuts issue : nothing on this forum and nothing from your helpdesk by phone. I just received a communcation by email from Philips : Philips has been awarded as the best customer service in france !! It must be a joke, I can't imagine anything else.

    However this 173.46 firmware is slightly faster for the menu. Also I don't see any sound/image sync issue anymore on digital TV. Other (major) issues are still present.
    Last edited by ecazin; 02-12-2014 at 03:41 PM.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Points: 470, Level: 5
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13
    Points
    470
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    TV Model: 55PFL7108k
    Previous Firmware: QF2EU-0.173.45.0

    Positive:
    + Not exactly reviewed

    Negative:
    - Sliding subtitles have deteriorate terribly. Previous version was the best in this manner.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,002, Level: 8
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherlands / Eindhoven Region
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,002
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecazin View Post
    Unfortunately i got no feedback from anyone one from phlips about my SPDIF micro cuts issue : nothing on this forum and nothing from your helpdesk by phone. I just received a communcation by email from Philips : Philips has been awarded as the best customer service in france !! It must be a joke, I can't imagine anything else.

    However this 173.46 firmware is slightly faster for the menu. Also I don't see any sound/image sync issue anymore on digital TV. Other (major) issues are still present.
    I have the same problem, first with the 42pfl6007h and now with the 42pfl7008k... Didn't get solved last year, and I don't expect to be solved ever...

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,002, Level: 8
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherlands / Eindhoven Region
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,002
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    TV Model: 42PFL7008k
    Previous Firmware: QF2EU-0.173.45.0

    Positive:
    + Solution for picture moves 5 pixel right when in PC/ Game mode (QF2EU-0.173.46.0). Is working at me, verified.
    + Solution for Ambilight flicker in 24Hz Videos (QF2EU-0.171.51.0). Is working at me at 23,976Hz and 25Hz, verified.
    + Solution for Netflix (QF2EU-0.171.51.0). Watching House of Cards with Netflix works fine, verified.


    Negative:
    - SPDIF micro cuts issue still in when configured multi channel output (in stereo mode it works fine)
    - Ambilight red color more agressive than other colors (also in previous versions)
    - Sometimes sound comes from tv speakers while it is disabled in settings.
    - Front camera is mirrored, ie left is right and right is left (Only checked with QF2EU-0.173.45.0)
    - Back button doesn't always go back, sometimes it's a colour button instead, not consistent.
    Last edited by JeroenSt; 02-13-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added more items

  6. #6
    Bronze Member Achievements:
    New Achievement!100 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Positive:
    + SMART TV UI slightly faster

    Negative:
    -web tv guide still doesn't work (will work ever??)
    - doesn't remeber age check setting for channel (revert back to 18 always)
    Last edited by BoORD_L; 02-18-2014 at 07:12 AM.

  7. #7
    New Member Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    terrible strobing effects. with natural motion on, it makes the tv display like an utter piece of crap really

    Does the firmware even have to be supervised by some more highly qualified personnel than those who write these batches of useless code that only downgrade and deteriorate the picture quality and functional wise ??

    Ludicrous and ridiculous. Shame on you, Chinese brothers aka philips aka tp vision.

    also the cutting black bar auto fill feature has been pretty much fked up since what the last autumn and no one seems to give a damn about the fact that lots of tv channels now get over scanned to the top and leave a thick black bar below it. Hideous software team you got there.
    Last edited by eddy000; 02-15-2014 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Points: 639, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    36
    Points
    639
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenSt View Post
    I have the same problem, first with the 42pfl6007h and now with the 42pfl7008k... Didn't get solved last year, and I don't expect to be solved ever...
    I've returned the TV to my reseller. I guess he will return it to Philips.
    If the SPDIF issue is not solved I will ask for a refund. In the mean time, the reseller (FNAC) provided me a TV till mine is back. This is a low end 400 euros TV compared to the 1500 euros Philips one and you know what: SPDIF works great in Multichannel !!

    If I could dare: Philips 1500 euros models do not work as well as low end 400 euros competitors !!

    hmmm... I think I made a mistake here... let's see... hmm...
    I know what I did wrong: I bought a Philips !!
    Last edited by ecazin; 02-15-2014 at 04:17 PM.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Points: 109, Level: 1
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8
    Points
    109
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    After different Philips tv's last 15 years (starting with 2 CRT's, after that folowing 2 LCD tv's) I've bought SMART 42pfl7008K tv.

    After long selection period, comparison to similar class LG, SAMSUNG, SONY tv's...

    And now I've realised, that it is my last Philips tv ever. And that I've did huge mistake choosing this model, because somehow I believed it is only rumour about different issues with Philips tv.

    So far, what this tv still does - shows really good quality picture (if it starts to show anything).



    Well, issues (registered with precious FW as well as with QF2EU-0.173.45.0):
    * Smart apps - maybe only YouTube works (sometimes starts only from second, third time), all others - either not starts, or trying to start brings to SMART main screen back.
    curson control by remote gestures - hmm, worked maybe only once, after I never were able to use it, had to use arrow buttons on remote
    but ok, this function not most needed for me
    * DLNA client. time from time (once per week, sometimes once per 2 weeks) DNLA client on tv do not sees DLNA servers anymore, and suggests kind of connection wizard.
    Only solution - plug of from power and plug back, turn-off by remote do not helps
    * most annoying - quite often after viewing .mkv type file from network, tv hangs, do not responds to any remote button.
    here I've captured short movies how it behaves
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...HM&usp=sharing

    only one solution - plug off from power
    *one day TV started to swith off on each IPTV external mediabox remote click (trying to change tv channel). Explanation for clearance - tv reacted to remote of iptv media box, not on tv remote
    cable unplug needed

    I am not talking about slow GUI - if only this would be problem, then it would be fine. but it should be shame for Philips as for brand, to have such a issues for such class and price range tv's...

    I am not really sure, will I be able to return it to seller - such problems do not occurs each time, but time from time...

    I've updated to FW v000.173.046.000 today, but in fix list I don't see my issues covered.

    If Philips can't affort good developers to provide more stable FW, maybe it is already time to make it open-sourced SW - I saw there are quit a lot interested delevoper persons to make this FW much better!!!

    Very dissapointed 42pfl7008k owner from LT

    Addition for new ...046... FW installation new problem(s) found:
    * in SMART screen, after scrolling via apps, and clicking to start, tv screen becomes black with sound running of current channel. Needs to press either BACK button or SMART button on remote to get something shown.
    This black screen I were able "successfully" reproduce several times in 5 minutes...
    I really can't understand, how are selecting what to fix, and what QA doing? Are you making quality tests at all?!
    P.s. after FW installation I kept >2 min unplugged power cable

    Addition 2014.02.18 for new QF2EU-0.173.46.0:
    * same issue with *.mkv via network (like in my provided videos) - tv completely frozen, do not reacts on any remote button, only tv led blinking, and on left side of screen box visible.
    Helps only unplug from power.
    For more details - it happens with random mkv files...
    Last edited by kalava; 02-18-2014 at 07:03 PM.

  10. #10
    New Member Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    TV MODELl: 55PFL7008S

    PREVIOUS FIRMWARE 171.051

    Positive :
    Didn't bother to find out see below why

    Negative:
    FOR ecazin ,
    I concur on this too.

    It's like the contours of fast paced objects are getting torn (sorta like the tearing effect in games) mostly when the camera and the moving objects in the scene move perpendicular to each other plus it shows lots of stutter as-well and the object's outline edges are trailing behind it during fast paced action. it also makes an object when it's deftly changing in a real fast paced manner flicker or strobe if you like. I guess it always happens to some extent in all tvs when these smooth motion effect algorithms are utilized but NOT TO THIS degree it is too obvious to the eye and just looks horrendously. Also it seems the 7008s is the only affected model by these artifacts so far

    And for god's sake fix the bloody auto fill feature it has been messed up since the first 172.xxx batch and onward incorrectly working many 4:3 contents some are processed properly but many are NOT !!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to eddy000 For This Useful Post:

    Waawe (04-21-2014)

  12. #11
    New Member
    Points: 240, Level: 2
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!100 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    3
    Points
    240
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    - Ambilight still does not remember the color of the walls for the transition from SD to HD broadcasting and vice versa.

    I need old firmware QF2EU-0.171.56.0

    Thanks. M.P.

  13. #12
    Moderator
    Points: 19,004, Level: 42
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,004
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by immortal41 View Post
    Negative:
    - Sliding subtitles have deteriorate terribly. Previous version was the best in this manner.
    Hi immortal41,

    Could you please elaborate on what you mean with this?

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  14. #13
    Moderator
    Points: 19,004, Level: 42
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,004
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy000 View Post
    terrible strobing effects. with natural motion on, it makes the tv display like an utter piece of crap really
    Please elaborate on what you mean, and if possible also report in the technical feedback thread.

    also the cutting black bar auto fill feature has been pretty much fked up since what the last autumn and no one seems to give a damn about the fact that lots of tv channels now get over scanned to the top and leave a thick black bar below it. Hideous software team you got there.
    Please specify and also report in the technical feedback thread!

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  15. #14
    Moderator
    Points: 19,004, Level: 42
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    19,004
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kalava View Post
    After different Philips tv's last 15 years (starting with 2 CRT's, after that folowing 2 LCD tv's) I've bought SMART 42pfl7008K tv.

    After long selection period, comparison to similar class LG, SAMSUNG, SONY tv's...

    And now I've realised, that it is my last Philips tv ever. And that I've did huge mistake choosing this model, because somehow I believed it is only rumour about different issues with Philips tv.

    So far, what this tv still does - shows really good quality picture (if it starts to show anything).



    Well, issues (registered with precious FW as well as with QF2EU-0.173.45.0):
    * Smart apps - maybe only YouTube works (sometimes starts only from second, third time), all others - either not starts, or trying to start brings to SMART main screen back.
    curson control by remote gestures - hmm, worked maybe only once, after I never were able to use it, had to use arrow buttons on remote
    but ok, this function not most needed for me
    * DLNA client. time from time (once per week, sometimes once per 2 weeks) DNLA client on tv do not sees DLNA servers anymore, and suggests kind of connection wizard.
    Only solution - plug of from power and plug back, turn-off by remote do not helps
    * most annoying - quite often after viewing .mkv type file from network, tv hangs, do not responds to any remote button.
    here I've captured short movies how it behaves
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...HM&usp=sharing

    only one solution - plug off from power
    *one day TV started to swith off on each IPTV external mediabox remote click (trying to change tv channel). Explanation for clearance - tv reacted to remote of iptv media box, not on tv remote
    cable unplug needed

    I am not talking about slow GUI - if only this would be problem, then it would be fine. but it should be shame for Philips as for brand, to have such a issues for such class and price range tv's...

    I am not really sure, will I be able to return it to seller - such problems do not occurs each time, but time from time...

    I've updated to FW v000.173.046.000 today, but in fix list I don't see my issues covered.

    If Philips can't affort good developers to provide more stable FW, maybe it is already time to make it open-sourced SW - I saw there are quit a lot interested delevoper persons to make this FW much better!!!

    Very dissapointed 42pfl7008k owner from LT

    Addition for new ...046... FW installation new problem(s) found:
    * in SMART screen, after scrolling via apps, and clicking to start, tv screen becomes black with sound running of current channel. Needs to press either BACK button or SMART button on remote to get something shown.
    This black screen I were able "successfully" reproduce several times in 5 minutes...
    I really can't understand, how are selecting what to fix, and what QA doing? Are you making quality tests at all?!
    P.s. after FW installation I kept >2 min unplugged power cable

    Hi kalava,

    Would you be able to summarise your issues and report them in the technical feedback thread, please? It would be much appreciated.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  16. #15
    Bronze Member
    Points: 470, Level: 5
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13
    Points
    470
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Ina,

    The problem is with the sliding subtitles of commercial and news videos. Text have blurring effect in some regions, TV could not handle texts. Especially, I observed that this effect exist in HD channels. With 0.173.44.0 firmware, fast sliding texts was not solved correctly and had squinting effect. 0.173.45.0 firmware had solved this problem and the overall picture quality was improved as I seen. But with the 0.173.46.0 firmware, TV is not handle sliding texts, in fact its processing performance worse than the firmware 0.173.45.0.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Topics

  1. Experience thread - FW v000.173.044.000 (173.44) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013
    By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 series
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  2. Experience thread - FW v000.171.056.000 (171.56) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013
    By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 09:04 AM
  3. Experience thread - FW v000.171.051.000 (171.51) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013
    By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 series
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 10:59 AM
  4. Experience thread - FW v000.171.049.000 (171.49) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013
    By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 series
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
  5. Experience thread - FW v000.064.018.000 (64.18) - for 7xx8 Series - 2013
    By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software for the 7xx8 series
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •