Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi all.

I'm interested in additional information in regards to both audio delay (audio sync) and audio drop out.

Please let me know the following:

DELAY ISSUE:

What comes first: Video or audio?

Does adjusting the Audio delay setting on the TV reduce the delay or increase it?

Is the issue present on both TV speakers and audio output or just one? If just one, which one?

What is the estimated time of the delay?

Is the delay continuous (about 200 ms) or is it fluctuating (going over 1 second)

Is it solved when changing the source of the TV ( going to TV mode, preset change of a setup box is not enough)

DELAY + DROP ISSUE:

If only present via audio out and not TV speakers, what output is used?

What sources are affected? All or specific sources?

Does changing the audio from multichannel/advanced/5.1 to stereo/PCM/standard change anything? Does it improve or "resolve" the delay?
    (NB! Depending on where the issue presents itself, you may need to change settings on both external device and/or TV).

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ina
    Hi Ina,

I'm happy to see that someone from Philips finally takes into account some of the users experience.

Since 173.46 the audio delay is nearly gone. if it still occurs the image is coming first. Once again I can say that the improvement is so big since last firmware that I can't be 100% sure that the issue remains.

having said that the audio drops are still there.

- Audio drops only via SPDIF and not via embeded speakers,
    - It happens with any source (anysource connected to HDMI 1 to 4 and DVB-T (I'm in France).
    - Issue appears only when SPDIF is configured as Multichannel. Nothing is stereo. drops happens more often when watching movies having complex/intense sound than watching the news (kind of more basic sound).

I also had a big display issue recently and I recorded it. Please let me know where I can share the video (youtube hyperlink).

I have a 55PFL7108 from end of November 2013.

Feel free to come back to me for further information.

ecazin
    Last edited by ecazin; 03-12-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dacata View Post
    Hi,
    I have 7108, this is my second Philips, first is 8404. Now I have problem with new soft, and problem is with smart tv, I receive message "can't find Philips server". I has this tv from September, he was in service two time. First time because tv switch off/on on 20 second, in service change main block. Second time he turned off when he want, than they install new soft. Now tv work without problem but smart tv, smart screen don't work, the soft update by wifi don't work too, only skype and my remote application from android work without problem. I try with delete internet cash memory, but the problem is not fixed. Please give me advise. Thank's.

Hi dacata,

Did this happen after the software update specifically?

Please check the following:

Please try to reboot your router.
    If connected via WiFi, please check with a cabled connection as well.

Please check that the Time and Date is still correct in Clock settings

Please ensure that you removed the TV power cable after the update.

Should you still have issues, please send me a private message with your TV serial number, full model and Ethernet MAC address so I can look into it.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecazin View Post
    Hi Ina,

I'm happy to see that someone from Philips finally takes into account some of the users experience.

Since 173.46 the audio delay is nearly gone. if it still occurs the image is coming first. Once again I can say that the improvement is so big since last firmware that I can't be 100% sure that the issue remains.

having said that the audio drops are still there.

- Audio drops only via SPDIF and not via embeded speakers,
    - It happens with any source (anysource connected to HDMI 1 to 4 and DVB-T (I'm in France).
    - Issue appears only when SPDIF is configured as Multichannel. Nothing is stereo. drops happens more often when watching movies having complex/intense sound than watching the news (kind of more basic sound).

I also had a big display issue recently and I recorded it. Please let me know where I can share the video (youtube hyperlink).

I have a 55PFL7108 from end of November 2013.

Feel free to come back to me for further information.

ecazin

Hi ecazin.

We have never stopped taking the user experience into account! As I have previously said: Just because you don't see a reply from me, doesn't mean the feedback hasn't been forwarded.

When you say SPDIF I assume you mean optical SPDIF?

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    The picture quality is very poor with this new SW version! It is much worse compared to the previous SW version (don't know what version that was).

For SD channels, the picture very blur, looks like an old VCR. And for HD and SD to picture is very ugly with when there is quick movement. It is called "Natural Motion", but I have never seen such a "Unnatural Motion".

Please submit a new SW version, with the bugs solved, but with the old picture settings!
    Last edited by smitssan; 03-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I agree with smitssan. After this update, the picture quality is very bad. The "natural motion" completely distorts the image. The only possible option is to disable it.
    Please, please launch a new software version.
    I send an email 5 days ago for service. still unanswered. Is the technical service running?
    Last edited by miguelp; 03-16-2014 at 02:02 AM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi ecazin.

We have never stopped taking the user experience into account! As I have previously said: Just because you don't see a reply from me, doesn't mean the feedback hasn't been forwarded.

When you say SPDIF I assume you mean optical SPDIF?

Best regards,
    Ina
    Hi INA,

Yes you are right, I'm talking about optical SPDIF.
    Any new firmware upcoming ?

thx

ecazin

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Unbelievable quality of Philips tv software.

Question to Ina - what kind of developers are working for Philips? First course students? Self-taught? dilettante?

Ok, this "experience thread". So experience still bad (173.46):

1) So, some days ago I've decided to make complete reset (restore factory settings - I found in another thread Ina's advice to one of user). Just to check, maybe this is would working to fix issues after software update to 173.46.
    Result - during setup wizard, tv suddenly turned off "audio and picture" step, no more reaction to remote. Tv hanged. Helped only disconnection from power outlet.
    Ok, second try - now tv crashed on step "internet connection". Yes, it is already progress, because now it crashed one step later
    Third try - wow, I've succeeded!!! Unbelievable success for high-end smart tv of ~900 EUR range, isn't it?

By the way, this support forum do not supports WindowsPhone8 or Android tablet to enter reply in "quick reply" text box - I tried to enter this "experience", but appear devices are not supported

2) issue today - I have IP TV tuner from Lithuanian provider "Teo". Connected to TV by SCART (in order to switch when tuner is turned on, as by HDMI seems no signal to TV to switch to Tuner source) and by HDMI.
    So, I wondered, that with 173.46 SW TV started to react to state of tuner (somehow I didn't noticed this with earlier SW) - when I turning on tunner, TV turns on, on tuner switch-off - TV also switches off.

So, I switched Tuner off (tv turned-off), pretty quickly turner tuner on (tv turned on also), and I turned tuner off. TV turned off, red stand-by lamp is on, but TV hanged - no more any reaction on TV remote, even no red indicator were blinking on tv.

So, unbelievable "quality" of philips...

I really thinking to return this TV back - I don't want to have this no-quality tv anymore. Only problem, how to do that, as by warranty it could be fixed/replace, but not taken back with money return...

Once I'll somehow arrange this TV return to resellers, I'll go for Sony 42KDL805W of 2013 year - at least I didn't see so much (or at all) problems by owners. And price range is similar.

And I suppose it makes no sense to write to such a "experience threads", "technical feedback" - seems to be Philips TV developers do not have enough experience to make state-of-a-art software...

Summarising my experience - this tv works like cheap, noname china made tv fake. Shame, just a shame...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This my 42pfl7008k do not stops wondering me.

Today after all day in stand-by mode I tried to turn on tv.
    Red led turned off, but nothing shown on tv - black screen. Tried to change a source to tv or any other - only blue progress bar appears shortly in middle of screen. Nothing. Remote turn-off, turn on still reacts, but nothing more.
    Power cable disconnect helped (it already becomes usual 1 time in 2 days to plug off/on to make it working - amazing, isn't it?).

Then I started Youtube, and now I can't get rid out of mouse arrow on the screen during tube watch. how to disable it?
    up to now it never happened

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    This is a support forum? Where is the support? Only problems with this bad product, but no solutions. I feel cheated with this TV.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Ina,
    I check my router and my wifi and everything work corectly. I can conect with skype, my tv have internet, but I can conect with philips server, please give another advise or give me a link to soft 145 to try to try if will have this problem.From another side I haven't problem with audio delay or some like read file from usb like bluray or anything another avi format. best regards from Bulgaria.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I had a chat-discussion with a Philips service guy. He/she recommended me to go back to factory settings and use the following picture settings:

Picture Style: Personal Backlight
    Contrast: 74
    Colour 51
    Sharpness: 3
    * Noise Reduction: Off
    * MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
    * Pixel Precision HD Perfect Natural Motion: Off
    * Clear LCD: Off
    * Advanced Sharpness: Off
    * Dynamic Contrast: Off
    * Dynamic Backlight: Off
    * Colour Enhancement: Off

Advanced Off Light Sensor: Off
    Gamma: 0
    Colour Temp: Custom
    Custom Colour Temp: Warm
    Red WP: 102
    Green WP: 79
    BL WP: 64
    Red BL: 0
    Green BL: -1
    BL BL: 0
    Video Contrast: 92
    Brightness: 65

Question: If this are the best settings, why are these settings not automatically loaded after a SW update or after a Factory Reset?

Notice that they recommend to switch OFF all so-called Picture Improvement circuits!

When I use all these setting, except Pixel Precision HD Perfect Natural Motion = Medium i.s.o. OFF, the picture is still terrible when there is fast movement.
    Very good visible at shows like "Pawn Stars" were there is a lot of camera movement.

One of the reason that I bought this TV is the Pixel Precision HD Perfect Natural Motion!!! With the previous SW the Pixel Precision HD Perfect Natural Motion was working (reasonably) good, but with this SW it is really terrible!!!
    Last edited by smitssan; 03-21-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Other problems with this SW:
    * TV switches off spontaneously. It happens a few times/week, but yesterday morning it happened 5x in 30 minutes. I had this problem also with the previous SW version.
    * TV zaps to next channel when Volume +/- is used.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi ,
    i have TV Model: 55PFL7108 and the most important and main negative is :

when i connect harddisc or usb flashdisc tv stil restarts

not support play stream subtitles

Support and application in Smart tv in the Czech Republic is almost zero

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Situation report:

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to update my 7108 from FW v000.173.044.000 to FW v000.173.046.000.

As for the issues I have encountered, they STILL include random shutting down of the TV set. However, I have also encountered random channel+ switching, i.e. the TV manages to switch to channel 10 after several minutes of watching channel no.09.

Though I appreciate Philips effort to make their products interact with their customers, I was not expecting that the TV would not just entertain me, but keep me company as well, by changing channels and turning the TV off on a random basis.

I am aware that there is a possibility of my flat being haunted by a poltergeist, but since such occurrence is highly unlikely, particularly considering all the software issues Phillips has been having lately, and that there were no other strange events in the flat (such as light flickering, random channel changes on other devices and floating objects in rooms), I doubt that a demonic or ghostly possession is the issue here. What MAY be the case is a poorly programmed firmware, which is not just horribly slow, but as if it has a mind of its own. It is possible that that the TV itself may be haunted, but I am not sure whether Philips representatives would accept that as an excuse for reclamation.

PLEASE, PHILIPS! (Ina or any other administrators ) I would be infinitely grateful if You could forward these comments to Your software engineers, for I am constantly trying to persuade myself that Philips SW and FW programmers are not inferior to the ones working for the competition, but it seems that I keep getting reassured. It is a shame that a product with such great attention to details is completely ruined by such a crucial aspect, which is user interface and inability to operate normally.

While I am waiting for Your response (in the form of a new firmware, which will, hopefully, remedy the issues and make the TV's menu faster), I decided to call a medium, or even the ghostbusters, just to be on the safe side, provided that they deal with ghosts of a foreign origin, since the TV was imported.

Yours Sincerely

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I still proceeding to "enjoy" "nice" experience with my 42pfl7008k 173.46.

Today I've captured video, described my me week or two ago, when I can't use tv after standby.

https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&aut...FNvVWVCWDVIWHM

In short - after turning on TV via remote, tv turns on, but do not accepts any source (progress bar appears only), also shows nothing (black screen).

I still clarifying legal possibilities to return this crap of ... to resellers and refund my money back.
    I would be happy if I'll be able to get my money back, as Philips support is not able and capable to handle issues of own products.
    Have a nice working week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast