Bronze Member
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Invalid M3U.LIB file on GoGEAR Ariaz/Azure SA5AZU16KF

I'm still having problems with my GoGEAR Ariaz/Azure SA5AZU16KF (although, thanks to actually looking at jacks in stores, I did figure out it uses a micro USB cable) with playlists. What I've figured out, from poking about on it, is that it stores all info on playlists in the m3u.lib file, which is a hidden file in the root directory of the player. I've tried deleting the file and letting the player automatically recreate it, but still have problems with valid .m3u playlist file contents being shown incorrectly when I go to Music | Playlists (I either get incorrect listings or blank, unplayable list contents before the end of the playlist is shown correctly). I'm running version 1.12 of the firmware, which is the current version. I've repeatedly reformatted, repaired (via Device Manager), and reset the player (both from using the reset button and just choosing to resest to factory defaults under Settings). I've even chkdsked and defragged the player. Is there any way to manually fix m3u.lib, assuming that my assumption is correct, or is there some sort of patch/firmware update that I'm not seeing when I try updating through Device Manager that might fix this problem?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention this: I've stripped out any extended .m3u tags from the playlist files, so the .m3us are simple, just the relative paths and filenames for the .mp3s in the playlists. The .m3u files do display the correct contents and play the right files when opened from the player in Winamp, VLC, WMP, and MPC-HC. I know I'm not hitting any path/filename character limits for a FAT32 drive, since I had hit that problem on my old RCA player and made sure to keep the same directory structure and filenames to avoid that on my Ariaz (both players store .mp3s in a directory called Music, so that worked easily - underneath that, they're sorted by Genre, since my artist and album names are too long on too many files and therefore trip that FAT32 path/filename character limit). Again, the Ariaz does see all .mp3s and can play them if I look for them by artist, album, or genre.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear mindwarp,

Can you advise your serial number please?

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Last edited by Philips - Rafal; 02-24-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Good lord, I am very glad that the Reference desk at the library I work at has a magnifying glass, as the label with the serial number on it is tiny (I'm at work, so I don't have the box with me to see if it's also on there). The serial number is SF1C1337006526 (edit: confirmed that number using the box, which is still at home as I'm back at work).

One more note about the playlist's format: I don't have any leading periods at the beginning of the paths, just a backslash. I have tried it with two periods before the first backslash as well, with the same variable results. If you need me to zip and up send in sample .m3u playlists and the corresponding .mp3s for any testing, or any other files, please let me know.
    Last edited by mindwarp; 02-25-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear mindwarp,

I'm checking the issue with the technical team. I will get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear mindwarp,

The only available playlists in this model are three playlists-on-the-go.

Please refer to the following user manual, page 12:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...37_dfu_aen.pdf

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Then:

1. Why didn't anyone say so back when I first started posting about this problem in January?

2. Why are there instructions on how to sync playlists in the support section on the Philips website for this model?

3. Why does it have a Playlists folder when the on-the-go playlists don't save to that folder (I did a test one at one point just to see)?

4. Why does it have some .m3u support, since it does recognize .m3u files are playlists and can at times read them correctly under Music | Playlists?

My father, who got this for me as a gift at the end of last year and was trying to get the previous generation at the time, had a lot of problems trying to purchase this, and one reason I had asked for it was because the Ariaz line had playlist support, from what I could see online. At this point, it is too late for me to attempt to return it to get a player that has all of the features I was looking for.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    (Related to previous problems side note: man, that was a crappy USB cable that came with the player. On my way to work tonight, I bought a GE multi-cable USB kit for $5.50 that had the right connector and was a lot longer, and it's connecting fine now, which is good, as you'll see...)

Addendum: since I had some time before work today, I tried, after another reformat/reset of the player, just synching over the contents of playlists, one at a time, from Winamp, and then using Playlist Creator to create a simple .m3u playlist using the contents. Before I did that, I ran MP3Tag and MP3Diags on all files, to ensure that there wouldn't be any problems with the files themselves or the ID3 tags. After transferring the music over to the Ariaz and setting up the playlist, I then disconnected the Ariaz. The first four playlists seem to work fine, but once I get to the fifth one, I start getting issues, where that playlist is missing tracks (it was 20 songs, and at best showed 17) and showing incorrect tracks (at least three tracks were wrong). At first I thought it might be a limit to how many files can be in a playlist, so a made a test one with 16 files, since that amount worked fine in the other lists. I still had the same problem, so it might be an issue with a limit on how many playlists the player can read accurately. Since I've got the new USB cable now, I'll try from scratch again at home, using this method.

It isn't an issue about "the only available playlists on this model" - no offense, but that's obvious, since those are built in. The problem is adding more playlists, which CAN work, since it is working partially currently.

Unrelated issue: is there an option for the forum to remember me when I log in, since logins time out so quickly (or at least mine does)?
    Last edited by mindwarp; 03-09-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Another addendum: I mentioned this in Marco's thread about firmware fixes for his Ariaz model, but I've done the long workaround of making folders for each playlist and syncing the files to those. This is annoying since I do have a number of songs that are in more than one playlist, and therefore working playlists meant that I didn't have to have any extra copies of the files. I then made playlists from those, and that's still sporadically working. Since it's not displaying it in filename alphanumeric order, I'm going to copy stuff off and then copy it back to get the files copied over in the right order, and then run the new playlists through MP3Tag and see what happens.

I did do that after retrying syncing files and setting up playlists separately again using my original directory setup (under Music, the songs were sorted by Genre) - I could do more than 5 playlists correctly, but when I went back to the one that had problems, it again didn't show the correct amount of listing, and some files were listed that shouldn't be and vice versa.