Results 1 to 8 of 8
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Points: 614, Level: 6
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    614
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Which new Philips model could replace a 46PFL9706T

    Hi all

    My 46PFL9706T is unfixable and Philips is considering a refund or giving me a new TV.

    Which model today could replace my 46PFL9706T? I can't see the either 46PFL9706T or 46PFL9707 model anymore and new 9000 series only comes in 65" or 84" inch - which are way too big for my living room.

    I bought the 9706T due to the moth eye filter because I have windows in front of the TV (bag of the sitting position) and therefore needed a TV without much reflections from the windows. And also because the 9000 series in my opinion are the best TV's on the market. I have had 37PFL9731D and 42PFL9703H and loved those TV's.

    I will hear from Philips within the next 48 hours regarding refund or replacement but which Philips TV today comes closest to the 9706T model?

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Points: 614, Level: 6
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    614
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I will get the 46PFL8008S/12 as a replacement for my broken 9706T. Fair deal or not?

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Points: 19,523, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    19,523
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Hi Hansen.

    I can't really give you user advise, but I can give you some information that might help you decide.

    You previous TV is from 2011 and a 9000 series TV. The TV you are being offered is from 2013 and an 8000 series TV.

    As a rule of thumb, for every year added, you can go down 1 series and equate the quality of the product in this way due to technological advances. This is just a general rule of course as not all features will be 100% equivalent.

    So in essence the 8008 is 1 step up from your current TV, although this may not be quite logical as most of our 9000 series TVs are special models. So all in all the 8008 is considered equal or better for exchange purposes.

    Have a look at the specifications, connection options and features of each TV and see of you are happy with what the 8008 has to offer:

    8008
    http://philips.to/1ieumuC

    9706
    http://philips.to/1qaeDhk


    I hope this was in any way helpful.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Points: 614, Level: 6
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    614
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Ina

    You're right about "thumb rule". We used the same way of speaking when I was working in a Electronic store. Nothing is 100 % equivalent and the features does change.

    I'm a bit concerned regarding the picture quality which was near perfection on the 9706T model. I hope that I will like my new TV as much as I eventually did with the 9706T - but it took awhile.

    I must admit that I hated the 9706T TV the first month due to many changes from my previous 9703H model. The picture quality was so much better but the menus and respond time was horrible compared to the 9703H.

    No one click bottom for either clock or ambilight no pp function in teletext (ttv) no deleting of installed channels and many other nagging things. But the picture quality did make you forget these fowls.

    I will get the 8008S model within two to three weeks .

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Points: 19,523, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    19,523
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One_Known_As_Hansen View Post
    Hi Ina

    You're right about "thumb rule". We used the same way of speaking when I was working in a Electronic store. Nothing is 100 % equivalent and the features does change.

    I'm a bit concerned regarding the picture quality which was near perfection on the 9706T model. I hope that I will like my new TV as much as I eventually did with the 9706T - but it took awhile.

    I must admit that I hated the 9706T TV the first month due to many changes from my previous 9703H model. The picture quality was so much better but the menus and respond time was horrible compared to the 9703H.

    No one click bottom for either clock or ambilight no pp function in teletext (ttv) no deleting of installed channels and many other nagging things. But the picture quality did make you forget these fowls.

    I will get the 8008S model within two to three weeks .

    Hi Hansen.

    Features on modern TVs change faster than anything else. I would say that which ever TV you got you would find that it has new and unexpected features, but not all the features that you may have become accustomed to on your previous TV. That is the nature of technology as I'm sure you are familiar with.

    Philips TVs still pride ourselves on high level picture quality and I'm almost certain you will not be disappointed in that respect.
    You can of course always pop down to your local TV dealer and see the TV in action if you want to be certain

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  6. #6
    Bronze Member
    Points: 614, Level: 6
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    614
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Hansen.

    Features on modern TVs change faster than anything else. I would say that which ever TV you got you would find that it has new and unexpected features, but not all the features that you may have become accustomed to on your previous TV. That is the nature of technology as I'm sure you are familiar with.

    Philips TVs still pride ourselves on high level picture quality and I'm almost certain you will not be disappointed in that respect.
    You can of course always pop down to your local TV dealer and see the TV in action if you want to be certain

    Best regards,
    Ina
    It's very hard to find the TV - many stores say that there are new Philips models on the way, also a new 8000 series, and it's hard for them to get the "old" models due to stock problems. I was able to find a store with the 55 inch model and it looked great.

    I am a bit concern about the lack of a moth eye filter and hope it wouldn't be a problem in my living room.
    I know the settings are in shop mode so they can be a bit different from the real deal - but it looked great.

    Still haven't heard from Philips regarding the replacement yet but they have to the end of next week before I will call them Again.

    They did say 2-3 weeks. Maybe if I'm really, really Lucky - they will offer me the new 8000 series - dreams may come true:-)

    I don't know if it's on its way. Anyone have news about the new series - besides the already released information about the new 6000 and 7000 series?

    6000 Series info: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1395322117

    7000 Series infio: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1395319545

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Points: 19,523, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    19,523
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One_Known_As_Hansen View Post
    Still haven't heard from Philips regarding the replacement yet but they have to the end of next week before I will call them Again.

    They did say 2-3 weeks. Maybe if I'm really, really Lucky - they will offer me the new 8000 series - dreams may come true:-)

    Hi Hansen,

    Send me a private message with your reference number or email address used with customer service and I'll see if I can't get an update for you.

    Click on my user name, then Private Message.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Points: 614, Level: 6
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    Points
    614
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi ina

    Cool thank you very much.

    PM sent.

    Kindest regards

    Hansen

Similar Topics

  1. WACS7500 HDD dead. How to replace?
    By Referencegeek in forum Sound: Other Wireless Audio Models
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM
  2. Philips won't replace my TV after 5 failatures during warranty. HELP!
    By 2martinis in forum TV: Experience and Insights
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
  3. 46PFL9706T - screen sometimes goes black
    By rbell in forum TV: Other
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
  4. Replace Harddisk
    By nicolas@bessert.de in forum Sound: Streamium MCi series (MCi900| Mci8080| MCi730| MCi500| MCi298)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 03:58 AM
  5. mci298 to trash (call it back or replace with something working before too late)
    By danielcad in forum Sound: Streamium MCi series (MCi900| Mci8080| MCi730| MCi500| MCi298)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 08:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •