• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Buffering problems with DVD Blu Ray player Model BDP2105

I have the same issues with my Blu Ray Player as Evan P from the topic that started on 1/8/14 and closed on 2/13/14 by Rafal. When playing Netflix, it plays okay for a few minutes and then starts lagging until it freezes. All the other applications run fine. My Roku player streams Netflix just fine. Also the power on/off is extremely slow. The Green light takes a really long time to go off after the power off button is pushed. My player's software was updated the same day I received it. I really found the reply from Rafal to be less than satisfactory. He closed that topic because there hadn't been anymore complaints for 2 weeks, there wasn't anything about FIXING this obviously problem by Phillips through an update or in another manner. Please do something to fix this issue!! The whole reason I was given this DVD player as a gift was so I could move my Roku to another TV. As it is I am not able to do that. Thank you.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear lisasy,

I apologise for late reply. I have sent you a pm. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    I have a bdp2105 and am experiencing the same hesitation issues. The performance would get worse and worse and the box would take forever to respond to the remote controls (pause, stop, home and even power off). I had initially suspected a memory leak in the netflix application on this blu-ray player as it was the only application I was having a problem with. Netflix on other devices on my home network (wireless as well) were all working without issue.

I would experience the issue and after power cycling the box I could watch Netflix again without issue for a while (normally multiple episodes of a show at least).

A couple of days ago the box notified me of an upgrade to v2.22 which I proceeded to apply (hoping it was going to contain a fix for the hesitation issue).

Unfortunately the issue is now happening all the time. After about 30 to a minute of watching my first netflix video the hesitation starts again and is so bad its just not usable.

I have not found any references on the forum to this new version being released for this model. I am wondering whether it should have been installed and if not how do I get back to a supported version?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. Everything worked great with the player until this update. What needs to be done to get the player working properly again?

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue and have tried the exact procedures to correct to no avail.. There are no answers. It is still in warranty so how do i get a refund?

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    am having same problem as above ppl have made contact with support and requested return or refund no such luck will there be a fix and when
    player freezes up take up to an hour to shut down and stutters won't play useless

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Users,

For this model you need to contact our North American Call Center on 1-866-310-0744.

Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST
    Sunday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST
    Excluding Major Holidays

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    I am very disappointed with this as the only response from Philips online as I feel they could have easily provide the same information as calling into the support phone line.

What I was told by Philips support was that Netflix made an update a few weeks back that specifically affected Philips Blu-ray players and smart TVs. They said that Philips engineers were working with Netflix to resolve the problem.

They then went on to say that I should upgrade to the latest software v2.15 which was recently released. I explained to them that the player had prompted me to download 2.22 and that was what I was running. This seemed to confuse the support person who kept going back to their scripted response. We checked for an upgrade from the Blu-Ray player menu but none was available.

I then downloaded v2.15 from the web side and loaded it onto the Blu-Ray player via USB.

The player is now WORKING with no hesitation. In addition I am now seeing faster response from the remote control inputs as well.

Hope this will work for others.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dousmall View Post
    I am very disappointed with this as the only response from Philips online as I feel they could have easily provide the same information as calling into the support phone line.

What I was told by Philips support was that Netflix made an update a few weeks back that specifically affected Philips Blu-ray players and smart TVs. They said that Philips engineers were working with Netflix to resolve the problem.

They then went on to say that I should upgrade to the latest software v2.15 which was recently released. I explained to them that the player had prompted me to download 2.22 and that was what I was running. This seemed to confuse the support person who kept going back to their scripted response. We checked for an upgrade from the Blu-Ray player menu but none was available.

I then downloaded v2.15 from the web side and loaded it onto the Blu-Ray player via USB.

The player is now WORKING with no hesitation. In addition I am now seeing faster response from the remote control inputs as well.

Hope this will work for others.
    Thank you for posting this information! I'm going through the same problem with my player. I'm not as tech-savy so could you tell me how to download v2.15 and load it onto the Blu-Ray player via USB? Thank you!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi software upgrade Version 2.23 is now available on the philips support site.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&slg=EN&scy=US

Hope this helps.