Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Your TV is Ziggo certified. In line with Ziggo requirements it supports the Ziggo program guide.
    Does this mean that we should have bought a 'non-ZIGGO-certified' model in order to get more function??

Gold Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lobota View Post
    Does this mean that we should have bought a 'non-ZIGGO-certified' model in order to get more function??
    Thats what Philips says... this is total bull-shit. Ziggo Certified doesnot mean that Ziggo can say what MY tv can do or not. I paid for the IP EPG of Philips and like ALL OTHER CUSTOMERS I demand this from Philips..

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikrijnders View Post
    Nope, Ziggo cannot force me to use their guide. Furthermore their guide doesnot come via IP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this reason is total bullshit. Philips please come with better answers than this, becaouse this makes me even angrier int he way I am treated as a customer of PHILIPS (AND DAMN I DID BUY A PHILIPS-TV, NOT A ZIGGO-TV!!!! Ziggo is not the one who paid for my tv, so Philips, come with a better explenation or make sure that ALL Ziggo customers can use the new IP-EPG !!!!!!!!!!
    It cannot be true that Ziggo van force me to use a basic EPG, where I paid for the IP-EPG of Philips. SO PHILIPS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey mister "CAPS LOCK and EXCLAMATION mark", maybe you are not aware, but Ziggo also decides which channels you can see, so that is also Philips to blaim? Stop using ZIGGO then, instead of blaiming Philips all the time! In the overview you can see what to use to get it all..... Maybe then you will also have your much wanted NOW/NEXT feature

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hippie67 View Post
    Hey mister "CAPS LOCK and EXCLAMATION mark", maybe you are not aware, but Ziggo also decides which channels you can see, so that is also Philips to blaim? Stop using ZIGGO then, instead of blaiming Philips all the time! In the overview you can see what to use to get it all..... Maybe then you will also have your much wanted NOW/NEXT feature
    Hi Hippie,

I do not agree. It would be stunning if a cable provider (Ziggo, or in my case UPC with CI+) determines which functions a TV manufacturer is allowed to offer. Allthough the certification is with Ziggo or UPC, and not with Philips.
    On the other hand, I see no reason why Ziggo or UPC would demand not offering IP-EPG. You would only get angry reactions as posted above. The standard EPG is way to basic.

BUT....

Examining the table in the first post, I think this is all about marketing from Philips. Just look at the situation in the Netherlands. Buy a 2011 model and the problem is solved!

Greetings,
    Huub

Gold Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huub View Post
    Hi Hippie,

I do not agree. It would be stunning if a cable provider (Ziggo, or in my case UPC with CI+) determines which functions a TV manufacturer is allowed to offer. Allthough the certification is with Ziggo or UPC, and not with Philips.
    On the other hand, I see no reason why Ziggo or UPC would demand not offering IP-EPG. You would only get angry reactions as posted above. The standard EPG is way to basic.

BUT....

Examining the table in the first post, I think this is all about marketing from Philips. Just look at the situation in the Netherlands. Buy a 2011 model and the problem is solved!

Greetings,
    Huub
    And that's strange too, because these tv's are Ziggo certified too!!! So Philips come with a better explanation. And I agree. Ziggo or UPC cannot determine what tv manufacturers can offer or not. And in the end I am the consumer of a Philips-product a bought WITH ip-EPG. I bought this function so I demand this function. Ziggo cannot prohibit this AT ALL.

Gold Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Well, reaction off Philips ??????????? Please.....

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have requested a valid answer from Ziggo demanding them to change this situation. If they are not willing to do so, this is definitely a reason to find another TV provider. May be Tele2 is the better option then. Thank god, we have a choice nowadays...

Silver Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level
    Thanks
    @Erikrijnders: this missing EPG thing is kind of the same as the missing Now-and-Next function: when I bought my set, it had this Now-and-Next function. A firmware later Philips in their ultimate wisdom decided to remove. NEVER ever did they come with an explanation for this, there are onlyx rumors that it had to do with Philps not wanting to pay fee's. Remember: I bought a TV with this function and Philips removed it...... It is that Philips has Ambilight, otherwise I would have ditched my set. Not because it is bad, but because Philips does not like to live up to their old slogan "Let's make things better". I am writing with Philips now for many, many months a small issue with a Philips HTS, must be dead easy for them to solve it (because also THAT was a functionallity, removed after upgrading the firmware of the TV !!): no reaction. Maybe we should write them in Chinese nowadays to get them moving and listening to their customers....

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muccie View Post
    @Erikrijnders: this missing EPG thing is kind of the same as the missing Now-and-Next function: when I bought my set, it had this Now-and-Next function. A firmware later Philips in their ultimate wisdom decided to remove. NEVER ever did they come with an explanation for this, there are onlyx rumors that it had to do with Philps not wanting to pay fee's. Remember: I bought a TV with this function and Philips removed it...... It is that Philips has Ambilight, otherwise I would have ditched my set. Not because it is bad, but because Philips does not like to live up to their old slogan "Let's make things better". I am writing with Philips now for many, many months a small issue with a Philips HTS, must be dead easy for them to solve it (because also THAT was a functionallity, removed after upgrading the firmware of the TV !!): no reaction. Maybe we should write them in Chinese nowadays to get them moving and listening to their customers....
    Well, the new Philips slogan is "SENSE AND SIMPLICITY". I guess "SIMPLICITY" stands for remove as much functions as possible...
    When I bought my TV they advertised with widgets. A sort of NetTV while watching TV (picture in picture). It never made it...

Recently they upgraded the IP-EPG. It looked great and worked fine. Now it's gone for DVB-users.

I would like to say to Philips: please use your common "SENSE" and gives us back what we payed for!

Greetings,
    Huub

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

please explain what you mean with that IP-EPG is gone for DVB users?

Toengel@Alex

Gold Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

please explain what you mean with that IP-EPG is gone for DVB users?

Toengel@Alex
    We did above, or is this chinese to you ??? We have CI+ and Ziggo (DVB-C) in the Netherlands en Philips doesnot provide us the IP-EPG because ZIGGO doensot want it ????? I cannot believe what I am reading!! Stange enough the 2011 Ziggo certified tv's DO HAVE IP_EPG!!! So Philips where is your reaction now ??? Or are you going to keep silence against angry customers ????? Give us what we paid for!!!!

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

did it work with the old IP-EPG?

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @Erikrijnders:
    You really should follow a course 'being polite'...
    Or do you shout at everybody?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level
    Thanks
    @Chrissie18 that is the effect the mystrious moves from Philips has on people.... The trouble again with Philips is, is that they do NOT react or explain WHY. That frustrates, at least me, a lot. I would call Philips the utter-impolite here: selling things, removing them afterwards and not the courtesey to "listen to the marktet". Let's hope the Chinese bring some sanity back....

Gold Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie18 View Post
    @Erikrijnders:
    You really should follow a course 'being polite'...
    Or do you shout at everybody?
    When Philips was polite to me and DID answer in a normal way like: we are working on this, maybe my reactions weren't so rude. But Phlips only reacts in: we hate customers and we are not willing to listen to them, only to a martketparty like Ziggo.... This angries me a lot, because I bought I Philips product, not a Ziggo product.

So Philips, give a proper reaction why :
    1) Ziggo-customers with CI+ donot get the IP-EPG with the 2010-models
    2) Why the 2011-model DOES have IP-EPG with CI+ and Ziggo
    3) Why Philips DOES listen to Ziggo and NOT tot their customers wo bought the tv fron PHILIPS.

So give us what we paid for, and donot blame third parties.

PS Ziggo doesnot deliver IP-EPG, only EPG-info via Cable. So why is IP-EPG blocked in the first place ????

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast