Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!100 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

TV Volume control 8008K

Hello Philips,

I just would like to point to the big big issue that causes the fact that remote control volume does not engage headphones / audio output.

I recently bought 46PFL8008K + BDP3480, having already high end sony headphones (without volume control) and Analog autoamplified speakers (philips SPA8210).

I made a forum search with a few posts that are asking exactly the same issue that I have:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...es-PLEASE-HELP
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ght=headphones
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post42791

Being this specific post very detailed on the reasons how it can be implemented and why it is so anoying.

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post69387

Philips, PLEASE PLEASE ALLOW US, YOUR CUSTOMERS, to engage headphones/audio output volumes through the remote volume control of the TV.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Philips,

I am not happy to see that after 1 week, I still dont see any reply from philips support members.
    On the meantime, I bought myself a DAC and connected my speakers Philips SPA8210 using the Toslink cable to the DAC, but even with that setting I still cannot control the volume with TV remote.

Could you please advice how can I conect my speakers philips SPA8210 to my philips TV, so I can control the volume from the TV remote control?

Thanks in advance,
    J.Belm

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 759
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi J.Belm.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Belm View Post
    Hello Philips,

I am not happy to see that after 1 week, I still dont see any reply from philips support members.
    The topic has, as you can see from your collected threads, already been discussed extensively. Your thread does not add anything new to the discussion.

The exact same feedback has already been forwarded to the developers multiple times for consideration.

On the meantime, I bought myself a DAC and connected my speakers Philips SPA8210 using the Toslink cable to the DAC, but even with that setting I still cannot control the volume with TV remote.

Could you please advice how can I conect my speakers philips SPA8210 to my philips TV, so I can control the volume from the TV remote control?
    I believe you already know the answer to your question as the connection type is a 3.5mm jack. These speakers are designed for use with a computer and not with a TV:
    http://philips.to/OUZuSo

For a better and more appropriate sound option I would advise to look into a sound system that is designed for use with a TV. Systems such as a Home Theater system or sound bar which connects via HDMI or HDMI ARC may be of interest for a fuller and richer sound.

Thanks in advance,
    J.Belm
    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Ina,

Thanks for your feedback, which is highly appreciated. However I do not like it because it is not solving my issue.
    I have a small living room, and I bought the speakers to improve the sound of a budget samsung TV, for me at that point was not worthing to spend more money on the sound system that on the TV itself.
    Surprisingly and very happily, these speakers deliver really amazing sound for the price.
    I compared them to a Bose Solo system and I think they do a better job (without looking at the pricetag).
    I still can connect the speakers to my new TV, and they still perform great, but everytime that I want to adjust volume, it takes too much of a hassle to go to Headphone volume.
    Same hassle that I have when using my headphones Sony MDR-1NC, that do not have any volume control, as I use an additional extra long cable to sit confortable on the couch.
    I just want to make philips aware that the setup of the TV could be a lot better with a very happy bunch of customers if there is an option to engage headphones volume with the volume buttons of the remote control of the TV. I understand the option as having 2 different volume control as a feature, if I can engage them together with remote control volume.
    Buying a new Home Theater or sound bar will not solve my issue with my headphones.
    Is there a possibility to adjust a button of the remote control to go faster or directly to the headphones volume control?

Thanks again for your support,
    J.Belm

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 759
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Belm View Post
    Hello Ina,

Thanks for your feedback, which is highly appreciated. However I do not like it because it is not solving my issue.
    I have a small living room, and I bought the speakers to improve the sound of a budget samsung TV, for me at that point was not worthing to spend more money on the sound system that on the TV itself.
    Surprisingly and very happily, these speakers deliver really amazing sound for the price.
    I compared them to a Bose Solo system and I think they do a better job (without looking at the pricetag).
    I still can connect the speakers to my new TV, and they still perform great, but everytime that I want to adjust volume, it takes too much of a hassle to go to Headphone volume.
    Same hassle that I have when using my headphones Sony MDR-1NC, that do not have any volume control, as I use an additional extra long cable to sit confortable on the couch.
    I just want to make philips aware that the setup of the TV could be a lot better with a very happy bunch of customers if there is an option to engage headphones volume with the volume buttons of the remote control of the TV. I understand the option as having 2 different volume control as a feature, if I can engage them together with remote control volume.
    Buying a new Home Theater or sound bar will not solve my issue with my headphones.
    Is there a possibility to adjust a button of the remote control to go faster or directly to the headphones volume control?

Thanks again for your support,
    J.Belm

Hi J.Belm,

I can appreciate that you wish to also add your feedback to the comments already made. However, we are already aware of this request, same as many other remote control request.

As previously said, this feedback has already been sent on to the development team for review and it is ultimately up to them to decide for or against implementing any changes.

In short: Currently it is not possible to adjust the headphones out volume using the remote control. To adjust the headphones out volume you need to go to the menu point for this function.

Whether or not this will be changed in the future is unlikely, as it has not yet happened on neither the 2013 nor the 2012 models.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Whether or not this will be changed in the future is unlikely, as it has not yet happened on neither the 2013 nor the 2012 models.
    and neither the 2011 nor the 2010 models. This was already in 2010 a topic...

Toengel@Alex