• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

32PFL7404 modify default display modes

Hi, I have seen on newer models like 560x that you can save the default display modes (Natural, Game, etc.). In 7404 is not possible, so I'd like to know if there is a way to modify these default modes to another configuration. Or what is the same, modify these fixed values.

I have enough knowledge to do it by service mode or even using the firmware source codes (if available).

I need this because use some devices with multiple features (gaming, multimedia, movies, etc) and I need multiple modes with the configuration that I like, because I like the default ones with slighty modifications.

These modifications are: Natural Motion for Cinema mode, and some changes to Game mode like turn off some filters and some more brightness.

Thanks.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSchneider View Post
    Hi, I have seen on newer models like 560x that you can save the default display modes (Natural, Game, etc.). In 7404 is not possible, so I'd like to know if there is a way to modify these default modes to another configuration. Or what is the same, modify these fixed values.

I have enough knowledge to do it by service mode or even using the firmware source codes (if available).

I need this because use some devices with multiple features (gaming, multimedia, movies, etc) and I need multiple modes with the configuration that I like, because I like the default ones with slighty modifications.

These modifications are: Natural Motion for Cinema mode, and some changes to Game mode like turn off some filters and some more brightness.

Thanks.

Hi DarkSchneider,

You are correct, it is not possible to modify the picture presets other than the Personal picture preset on this TV.

Even though I don't doubt that you are capable of modifying the service menu, this is not something we can advise upon via our consumer support channels as it is not intended for consumer use. It is only intended for service centre use by authorised service technicians. You would need to contact an authorised service centre for advise in this regard.

I am not certain if it's possible to modify this through the source code either. But if you want to request the open source part of the software you can do so in writing via this postal address:

Intellectual Property Department,
    TP Vision Netherlands B.V.,
    P.O. Box 80077,
    5600 KA Eindhoven,
    The Netherlands

There is no alternative contact option at present.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod