Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Smart TV doesn't connect to Internet

Hi,

I have bought 46PFL4908T/12 smart 3D TV. I have a serious issue. Smart TV doesn't connect to Internet be its wired or wireless. The TV is connected to Internet. Everytime I connect TV to network it is successfully connected but if I open Smart TV it says that this is a DEMO. Full functionality can be experienced when connected to 'internet' (Internet with small i). This happened sometimes suddenly and it takes my many hours and lot of efforts. I tried power off from Remote. Unplugged power cable. Connect/Disconnect Internet but nothing worked.
    I have latest software installed on TV because when it was connected to Internet it says that you have latest software installed.
    I have number of other issues which are of course serious but not as serious as this much. Some of the issues are-
    -Smart TV and navigation is very slow.
    -Sometimes some of the apps occupy TV processor so badly that Exit, Back, Power off nothing works. The TV be in hang state until you unplug the power cable.
    - Skype is just like a demo. Nothing works. It connects though and shows contacts but nothing more. No message, no call even not the paid calls which I can do from skype on my smart phone and laptop.
    -Sometimes Volume and channel navigation doesn't work even when you are using a simple TV.
    -And I do not know why it ask for USB not connected every time I finish connecting to network in the setup.

Any rescue? I do not know of other smart TVs work like this. But I am seriously thinking to return the TV to dealer as I have some time left before I can return the product.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RohitBaliyan View Post
    Hi,

I have bought 46PFL4908T/12 smart 3D TV. I have a serious issue. Smart TV doesn't connect to Internet be its wired or wireless. The TV is connected to Internet. Everytime I connect TV to network it is successfully connected but if I open Smart TV it says that this is a DEMO. Full functionality can be experienced when connected to 'internet' (Internet with small i). This happened sometimes suddenly and it takes my many hours and lot of efforts. I tried power off from Remote. Unplugged power cable. Connect/Disconnect Internet but nothing worked.
    I have latest software installed on TV because when it was connected to Internet it says that you have latest software installed.
    I have number of other issues which are of course serious but not as serious as this much. Some of the issues are-
    -Smart TV and navigation is very slow.
    -Sometimes some of the apps occupy TV processor so badly that Exit, Back, Power off nothing works. The TV be in hang state until you unplug the power cable.
    - Skype is just like a demo. Nothing works. It connects though and shows contacts but nothing more. No message, no call even not the paid calls which I can do from skype on my smart phone and laptop.
    -Sometimes Volume and channel navigation doesn't work even when you are using a simple TV.
    -And I do not know why it ask for USB not connected every time I finish connecting to network in the setup.

Any rescue? I do not know of other smart TVs work like this. But I am seriously thinking to return the TV to dealer as I have some time left before I can return the product.

Hi RohitBaliyan,

Could you please provide the current software version in stalled on your TV?

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I think the service either from you or your service provider was not available. Next morning Smart TV worked as usual. Nothing to do with software version.
    I hope this won't repeat again in future. It is very annoying.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I again checked today about software version on TV and it always says that you have latest version installed.
    I see sometimes Smart TV apps make it hanged. TV is not able to exit from the loop of hanged app and I have to disconnect the power to use TV again.
    And I see that you have bragged about Skype a lot on this TV but I find Skype totally useless on this TV. I could log in but I could not any message or could not call anyone. There is no such option. TV is so bad in performance that all apps make it hung even so mature apps like Netflix and YouTube. I found smart TV and headache TV. I think I should just stop thinking that I have a smart TV. Better I use resberry pi or similar devices or my laptop to run all the apps you have on Smart TV so that it better works. The software on the TV is crap.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Sometimes I wonder is it only Philips TV which performs so bad or other as well? I must check on other TV brands. Sadly, I recommended this TV when I bought it to my friends and some of them bought this TV as well based on my recommendation. Sadly, they gonna stop asking for advices from me.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

please check the support webpage for the latest firmware...

Also - for Skype you need to connect the PTA317 camera...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Every time I was complaining I checked the software update option in TV which always said that the latest for your TV is installed.
    I followed the instructions from you and found that there is an updated version available for mine. I quickly downloaded and updated the sw on TV successfully.

I did not find any improvement. Even very first bug in the history of the software version is not fixed which says that volume bar doesn't show up but adjust the volume. In my case it did not work I do not know about others. I checked the version in software settings and yes it is the latest one which is released last month.

For Skype, I might accept your advice. May be this is the limited functionality version of Skype for these TVs. I do not want to use Camera for messaging or audio calls but if it works only with that camera then I would prefer to remove Skype from my TV to free up some space and kill some processes. Any help?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    And, please ask your Smart TV service provider, IBM cloud services I think, to correct time on the Smart TV. It is always one hour ahead even after DST started. The clock on TV is fine but not on Smart TV. I do not know the effects of this on the services but since I have had so many issues with Smart TV in past, any tiny thing might be a reason for big problem.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi RohitBaliyan,

If your TV is up to date with software version 003.005.000.001, but you are still experiencing these issues, please report them in the dedicated software threads:

Technical Feedback:
    http://philips.to/1jaMt0F

Experience thread:
    http://philips.to/1epcvgJ

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod