• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

No audio to sound bar

I recently purchased a Philips TV Model# 46PFL7505D/F7, a Sony Blue ray player Model# BDP BX57, and a Vizio Sound bar Model# VSB210WS. The TV has only one audio out port. That is a digital coaxial plug. The sound bar has only one option for digital audio in. That is an optical port. So I purchased an optical transmitter kit, which is an adaptor to convert digital coaxial audio to optical. That is to say, the tv is wired to the sound bar through this adaptor. The Blue ray player is wired to the TV via an HDMI connection. I recieve TV programing via a very good antenna system with no cable or sattelite connection. The problem is while the sound bar is working fine with the Blue ray player (Netflix included), I get nothing from the Sound bar when watching on air TV programing. I have talked to Philips and other folks, So far nothing. If anybody out there has ran across anything like this, PLEASE HELP!

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Topic moved to the 'TV connectivity' forum.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi jbax47

I don't know if I would trust this coax-optical adapter... ?
    You said your sound bar is working fine with the blu-ray player - have you already tried this with your coax-optical adapter?
    If not - try it!
    Connect your Blu-ray player (coax out) via the adapter with your sound bar (optical in) - if it works and you can hear something, your adapter works fine...

In the leaflet of your TV is nothing mentioned about HDMI ARC - thats strange --> I always thought the 2010-TVs supports ARC...
    I guess you have to use the head-phones out - or you have to buy a TV with more "out"-ports or a sound bar with more "in"-ports.