Results 1 to 6 of 6
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 61, Level: 1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    61
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy 50PFL3088h - multimedia player new feature: character set from 2.11 not working

    Hi,

    updated my TV to 2.13 and now multimedia player feature: character set isn't working.
    Please fix this, only with UTF-8 I can see Hebrew subtitles.

    Thanks,
    Idan

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 17,300, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    17,300
    Level
    40
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 102 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by idanh View Post
    Hi,

    updated my TV to 2.13 and now multimedia player feature: character set isn't working.
    Please fix this, only with UTF-8 I can see Hebrew subtitles.

    Thanks,
    Idan

    Hi Idan.

    Which character set is it that is no longer working after the update?

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 61, Level: 1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    61
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Idan.

    Which character set is it that is no longer working after the update?

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Hi Ina,

    I can't see the Character set option anymore, so all of them...

    Regards,
    Idan

  4. #4
    New Member
    Points: 61, Level: 1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    61
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Bump..
    Somebody help?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 61, Level: 1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Points
    61
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Ina?
    I really need your help here, I found a way to get Hebrew SRT files to work on a Philips TV - I know it's a rare thing.
    Hebrew language is inside of UTF-8 encoding, when you take SRT file with Hebrew and encode it to UTF-8 instead of ANSI, it works.. But now I suspect that something happened to UTF-8 encoding or to the Character set feature.
    Can you please pass this information? - It could help a lot of people and finally you can say that your TV is really supporting Hebrew SRT files...

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 17,300, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    17,300
    Level
    40
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 102 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by idanh View Post
    Ina?
    I really need your help here, I found a way to get Hebrew SRT files to work on a Philips TV - I know it's a rare thing.
    Hebrew language is inside of UTF-8 encoding, when you take SRT file with Hebrew and encode it to UTF-8 instead of ANSI, it works.. But now I suspect that something happened to UTF-8 encoding or to the Character set feature.
    Can you please pass this information? - It could help a lot of people and finally you can say that your TV is really supporting Hebrew SRT files...

    Hi Idan,

    Could you please send me a private message with the following information:

    - Full TV model number (including the slash code)

    - TV serial number

    - Your country of residence

    - A sample subtitle file that used to work before v2.13 and does not work after.
    You can use something like Dropbox to upload the file and share the link with me.

    I will pass this on to the developers and see what they come back with in this regard.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Similar Topics

  1. What feature you want to see on your Blu-ray player? Share your 201x wish list here …
    By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: Share Your Wish List and Insights
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
  2. HMP7001 multimedia player
    By smailet in forum Sound: Other Models
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
  3. AutoVolume feature not working?
    By Nettle in forum TV: Software 2010 models
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:50 AM
  4. What feature you want your Blu-ray player equips? Share your 2011 wish list here …
    By Philips in forum Blu-ray: Share Your Wish List and Insights
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
  5. USB multimedia not working Videos on PFL7695H
    By Ledia in forum TV: Streaming & Network
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Tags for this Topic

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •