Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

sure - I agree with you all that things such as Now/Next and SRT should be implemented into the 2010 series. But "big things" such as USB recording is one of the major options for the 2011 series...

And I don't get Windows 7 for free when I bought Windows Vista in the past... even if I paid more then 100 EUR for Vista... and even if Windows 7 runs on the same PC... THAT is the real world! However, a service pack is always welcome! For windows and of course for our TVs

Of course, I fully agree that Philips should work on it's information policy!

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matisse2010 View Post
    I do NOT agree with you Pistoia. I think Toengel has a very good point here. An example: I've seen a lot of people buying an iPad-1 for 800 euro's, and nearly a year later they massively switch over to the iPad-2 because it has a camera and is somewhat thinner!
    About this, I have one comment only: what a sadness!

Another thing to consider is the huge price erosion on TV's, around 30 - 40 % per year. So the type of TV you bought last year for 1000 euro's can now be bought for 700 euro! And it even will have more features. So a lot of people are considering that seriously. I would.
    And would you really throw your 2010 TV away just to buy a new one, of the same brand, with just some feature more? Well, further to my comment to the previous point, I can add that it is quite clear the reason why we are close to be overwhelmed by trash. At least, the iPad is much smaller than a 37" TV...

On the point of the new Chinese Philips owners: In this case I agree with you. I think this will be a great chance for Philips TV, having a partner willing to invest. Let's see for the coming years.....
    The point here is not about investing, but keeping Customers satisfied.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    I agree with you all that things such as Now/Next and SRT should be implemented into the 2010 series. But "big things" such as USB recording is one of the major options for the 2011 series...
    Well, I agree with you, of course it depends on how "important" is the new feature we are speaking about: probably USB recording on 2010 TVs would be too much, but other features just like now/next, subtitle and others should be implemented on our 2010 TVs.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

@pistoiaa
    Full Ack!

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkeen View Post
    Based on the above I will continue to stick with .27 rather than go for the latest release for the sound drop bug fix because .27 was/is better than .26 in terms of frequency of drops during viewing.

But question for all - will .36 (or .34) fix the intermittent problem of a large number of individual pixels flashing white then returning to proper colour in random patterns across the screen during viewing (it even happens when the image is paused - flashing/strobing on and off randomly!).
    Thanks for letting us know about this, as I am having, what I think is, that same "pixel flashing" problem on my 32PFL9705 with 140.25.

In my case it happens about twice per evening and as soon as it happens, it flashes 5 or 6 times, 10-20 seconds apart. After that it's gone again for a number of hours.
    It is limited to high contrast regions however: pixels only flash in dark/black parts close to bright objects.

Is this the same for you, or not?...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pistoiaa View Post
    Well, I agree with you, of course it depends on how "important" is the new feature we are speaking about: probably USB recording on 2010 TVs would be too much, but other features just like now/next, subtitle and others should be implemented on our 2010 TVs.
    I think that Philips has primarily provide primary - the basic functions of your TV (HDMI - SoundDrops) and then add additional features. TV is by definition intended for viewing and sound and it should work without problems (as described above - does not work). Therefore first solve the basic functions and then ...TV may also make the coffee.
    Last edited by johny_sk; 05-23-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pistoiaa View Post
    Yes, true, but do you (and Philips) really think that if they sell to me a TV stating that it reads mkv and I find it does very bad, then I will buy a media player from Philips?
    Don't take me wrong, as I said it's the cruel truth, but I would like my TV to play everything, just like you.
    Your question is a good one.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @pistoiaa, toengel,

Completely agree:
    1. fixes for basic TV watching (sound & vision) ASAP
    2. Now/Next (Consider this basic functionality)
    3. Better movie support (forward/rewind + external subtitles)

Above that: honoust communication, roadmap and tested firmware. (Some bugs are discovered by customers within 5 minutes and shouldn't be hardly to find by Philips Q&A department).

Greetz,
    daL

Gold Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

sure - I agree with you all that things such as Now/Next and SRT should be implemented into the 2010 series. But "big things" such as USB recording is one of the major options for the 2011 series...

And I don't get Windows 7 for free when I bought Windows Vista in the past... even if I paid more then 100 EUR for Vista... and even if Windows 7 runs on the same PC... THAT is the real world! However, a service pack is always welcome! For windows and of course for our TVs

Of course, I fully agree that Philips should work on it's information policy!

Toengel@Alex
    I donot think USB-recording is a BIG THING like you state. All other 2010-models from all the other manufacturers have it. If the 2011-model has it, its not a reason for me to buy a new tv. I would expect Philips will implement this feature on the 2010-model too. That's customer service my boy. A thing al learned in the passed months Philips doesnot understand.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    One advice to Philips, and this is from personal and professional experience:

Q&A can't be performed by the programmers, they don't dare to do some things while testing.
    Q&A must be performed by "normal" users, the more crazy the better.
    Let them touch all the remote buttons and play with everything.
    Let them sit on the remote control (ops...).
    Last edited by carlosfm; 05-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

today I had also several times that "no channel are installed". But over the last whole week I didn't have that problem. Very annoying.

When can we expect a fixed firmware, Philips?

Another thing. Did the 140.36 change something with the network stack? It takes much more time to be able to connect to IP-EPG or Net TV... Sometimes even after an hour (rare cases) the TV could not connect...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I also realized, that the connection to my router takes much more time with 140.36 - but after some minutes it works. Can you test it with a wired connection?
    Toeng
    Hi Toeng,

I've tested with a wired network and it works (always!).
    I mean: if I power-on TV and after an hour I connect it to the wired network and I select "NetTV", my TV connects immediately.
    Instead, in a similar situation, my wifi network (hidden SSID) can't connect.
    So probably there is something wrong with this firmware version (early timeout or fewer retry) and I hope that Philips will solve it.

Now I'd like to put the attention onto another point: I've paired my TV with my wifi router. If it is off and there is another (open) wifi network nearby, the TV connects with it. Is it a right behaviour?
    I thought that the TV should connect only with paired wifi network, not with every reachable wifi network.
    Am I wrong? Could be dangerous or unfair...

Adamo
    Last edited by Adamo; 05-23-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typo error

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Important Suggestions

To Philips:

Most of us (including me) had a number of philips products across the years and were happy with the quality of them.I still strongly believe that philips tv's have the best averall picture-i think the only real competitor is just Samsung.

But you have to understand that the sound issue is very important.It ruins everything else that is superb.
    Of course i am not happy with the subtitles issue (no .srt playback) but i knew it before i purchase the TV.But the sound is something that is BASIC.

I own a 46pfl8605 and although i have not any problems with sound drop , there is a bit of audio lip sync problem :
    Some quys have mentioned it here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-46PFL9705H-12

but there was no official reply.
    It seems that the sound comes a little bit early-and then the lips start to move.I have settings-preferences-audio out delay switced to on (if i select off things are way worse) but the dialogue is still some milliseconds out of sync.I am using analog channels and i have tried everything (even messed with picture settings-to derease the natural motion so it does not delay the picture) but no result.I am suprised that noone else has mentioned that.

Could you inform programmers about the problem (its definatelly a software issue) so to solve it.
    Thank you.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    There is also another issue with the 3D timings. We have measured the timings of the glasses and the actual image.
    What we measured is that the glasses are opened, while the picture for the other eye is still there.So they open too soon. Maybe it's caused by the advanced (PerfectPixel) settings, causing delays to process the image.
    Fact is that every TV may have some differences in timings and therefor these timings should be adjustable by the user. This is exactly what Samsung added to their latest firmware for 3D tv's and with this there you can finetune your
    3D picture to prevent crosstalk and give much more 3D effect. This option has made the cheapest Samsung 3D TV even better then the Philips 3D TV.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

such option would be a great enhancement, since I also have ghosting with my glasses and TV...

But maybe we could later use the coming XPAND YOUniversal Glasses (X104) which can be adjusted via App or PC...

Toengel@Alex
    Last edited by Toengel; 05-24-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast