• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Technical feedback - FW v000.173.051.000 (173.51) - for 6/7/8/9xx8 series - 2013

Hi all.

The new FW will be live soon. For details please see here:
    [Link to follow]

This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the related discussion thread. "Off topic" posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread.

NOTE:
    Please be aware it is advised to only update to this version manually via USB.

Important:
    After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Please use the following template in this thread:

============================
    TV Model: xxPFLxxxx (please fill in)
    Previous Firmware: xx.xx (please fill in)

Positive:
    +
    +
    +

Negative:
    -
    -
    -
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 40PFL8008K
    Previous Firmware: 173.50

Negative:

- Audio delay on DD 5.1 streams from HDMI input
    - Audio delay on PCM streams when sending HDMI input back to receiver through HDMI ARC

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 47PFL6008
    Previous Firmware: 173.51

Positive:
    +

Negative:
    - Power off with back panel button does not work [always front red LED light is on]
    - Not support Windows-1256 code page for subtitle files!
    - Not support separate subtitle over DLNA.
    - Menu is very slow.
    - Not support rearrange channel list.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55pfl7008

Positive:
    + None

Negative:
    - Perfect Natural Motion stutters/artifacts on all possible combinations/settings (low/med/high). You still have to turn PNM of to get an acceptable 'smootheness'.
    - Miracast not working/flickering/not showing android screen all the time (LG G2 kitkat)
    - Menu's slow
    - Smart apps so slow that they aren't really usable

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 55PFL7108

Positive:
    +
    +
    +

Negative:
    -HDMI autofill doesn't do nothing to 4:3 format only if I select it to movie expand manually it actually shrink the picture from left and right. On old 32pfl7603 autofill worked perfectly streching 4:3 picture to remove black borders on left and right. Autofill on HDMI shoud work like over USB. I dont know is this a bug or is this how it shoud be?
    -Srt subtitles size????!!!??? Like we are in year 2000?
    -

Autofill and ambilight were the main reason why I decided to buy Philips tv again because it worked sooo perfect on previous models. If philips decided not to fix HDMi autofill this is the last philips tv I ever bought.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 65PFL9708

Positive:
    +I noticed nothing better

Negative:
    -Horrible audio delay with 5.1 output through ARC function
    -Black screen on hdmi inputs after long time with TV "ON" and hdmi source "OFF". I need to unplug the TV, wait few seconds, and turn it on again to get the hdmi image back.
    -Menus are still very slow and not in 4K quality (a shame for a 4K TV with a 5-core processor)
    -Smart TV functions are still veeeery slow (also a shame for a 5-core processor TV)
    -Perfect natural motion function is still unusable
    -Still waiting for the promised HDMI 2.0 upgrade and any UHD-standard compatibility or content (which is... also a shame for a 5,000€ TV)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 48PFL6008K

Positive:
    + better PNM compare to version 173.050 smoother image but still with jerking image,

Negative:
    - today my TV were switched off by self-6 times in 20 minutes, disaster. Second reboot stops this problem. I did not have this problem with reboots in previous firmware and it appeared again. Come on Philips what is going on?

Ina what is your suggestion? You have to find some solution to get smother image in PNM stage and solve reboot problems. I read forum and user said that the best is make downgrade to V.173.045. Apparently image in this version is the best what you have programmed.

Waiting for reply

Best Regards from Poland

Patryk

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Model 42PFL6008S/12
    New Firmware: 173.51
    Old Firmware 173.50
    Location UK

Negatives:

IPTV stations (delivered by Freeview) such as Motors TV display message 'Your device does support this service but needs to be connected to the internet' when TV is connected by Wi-Fi. The TV can access the internet over Wi-Fi as smart apps such as YouTube work IPTV stations work when connected by LAN cable. This hasn't worked on any of the firmwares my TV has had installed since buying it

When TV list is set to 'Favourites' when displaying EPG it sometimes displays all channels and not just thouse selected as 'Favourites' . I'm unable to reproduce on demand but usually occurs on accessing the EPG for the first time after TV has been turned on.
    Alternativly when the guide is displaying Favourites it does not show some of the channels. I have this right now and Favourite Channel 3, 24 and 36 through to 44 are not displayed. The only way to get them to show in the Favourite TV Guide is to first view that actual channel before bringing the guide back up. This never happened on firmwares before 173.50

TV repeatedly finds and install 'new' channels - only these are not new channels but ones currently installed. This process also changes the regional variation of channels installed. I had BBC1 Yorkshire set as my BBC1 variant (as channel 1) now this has been replaced by BBC1 Yorks+Links with BBC1 Yorkshire moved to channel 800. This is only reversable by reinstalling all channels on the TV. This never happened on firmwares before 173.50

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 65PFL9708

Negative:
    -ARC fails when i connect Display-Port to any Hdmi (TV) from Intel NUC D54250WYK2 . Have to disconnect Display-Port and reboot tv to get the ARC to work again.
    -Smart TV fails often, only background shows no icons. Have to plug out power to get it to work
    -Smart TV extremely slow.

This is to bad for an so expensive TV.

When are Netflix going to get 4K support??

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Model 47PFL6188S/12
    New Firmware: 173.51
    Old Firmware 173.50

Positive :
    - none

Negative :
    - Menu's slow
    - Smart apps slow
    - Perfect natural motion still not acceptable

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: xxPFLxxxx (please fill in)
    Previous Firmware: xx.xx (please fill in)

Positive:
    +
    +
    +

Negative:
    - i have an old problem back. when i press any button on some other remote the TV sometimes switches completely off. i can switch it on again but any button on the other remote will switch it off. only when i unplug it and plug it back in does it behave ok again.
    -
    -
    ============================[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 47PFL7108

Positive:
    None what so ever !

Negative:
    - Random shutdowns and freezing !!!
    - Smart TV functions slow, sometimes only the background is shown.
    - Internet EPG slow, faster to use the one from Broadcaster but miss the sound and picture for current channel on.
    - TV list set to 'Favourites', randomly EPG displays all channels.
    - Perfect Natural Motion stutters/artifacts.
    - Easylink does not mute TV speakers (Soundbar HTS8150 connected via Optical Out)
    - Randomly message "encrypted channel" and black screen is shown when trying to watch HD channels

Get a grip Philips, my earlier Amblight model 2010 was rock solid ! Now I have gone back to the stone age !

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 47PFL6008K
    Firmware: 173.51

Negative:
    - turns off when trying to watch movies in Youtube (SmartTV)
    - alphabetic keypad on the remote control still does not work
    - problem with "loading indicator" during playing any movie in SmartTV (more information: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post69980 )
    - slow menu in SmartTV

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Model 55pfl8008k

TV Model: 55pfl8008k
    Previous Firmware: 173.051

Positive:
    +

Negative:
    - HDMI inputs delay DD 5.1 audio (not stereo) therefore is not correctable in settings
    - Perfect Natural Motion dropping frames + generating blur
    - Perfect Natural Motion minimal setting is not minimal
    - Dynamic Backlight to agressive on standard

Silver Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    TV Model: 46PFL8008

Positive:
    + 3 Bugs fixed - noted at the bottom

Negative:
    1) PWM set to minimum forces Clear LCD to on even if Clear LCD is set to off in menus. Also suspicious that PWM minimum is not actually minimum at all

2) If HDMI connection from a device outputting Dolby Digital, sound and picture are out of sync on TV

3) If HDMI connection from a device outputting stereo or DD, the optical output of the TV is delayed and therefore not correctable

4) In the UK, only broadcast EPG is supported. If you press the i button while watching a TV programme, it says to press yellow for "more info". But there is no more info...it tries to go to Gracenote EPG which of course fails and gives blank screen.

5) Light sensor doesn't respond correctly when picture mode is set to Personal. This can easily be seen by changing to natural in a dim room and enabling and then disabling the light sensor...the contrast changes as expected. Switch to personal, and there is no change whatsoever by enabling and disabling the light sensor

6) When sound input via HDMI is stereo, but sound output setting in the TV sound menus is set to multi-channel, the volume of the sound output is very reduced.

7) With PWM enabled, sometimes a frame is skipped particularly on fast moving scenes (seen as a sudden jump in the picture from one frame to the next). But if you rewind the video and play the same section again, the skipped frame does NOT happen! This indicates that the TV is struggling to maintain the processing power needed to keep PWM running smoothly.

8) YouTube app has a facility where you can "throw" the video from your mobile phone. For example if you are running YouTube on an Android phone, a little symbol appears near the top right showing devices that you can "throw" the video to. Unfortunately this feature is only working if the TV is connected via Ethernet cable and does not "broadcast" itself as YouTube friendly when in wireless mode.

9) Lots of Freeview UK channels are missing their channel logos. For example there is now a BBC Three HD, BBC Four HD, BBC News HD. Al Jazeera HD etc. Also, BBC One has been relabelled based on region, so for example BBC One Lon means BBC One London. As a result even BBC One has no channel logo anymore. I guess the code needs to change to pattern match the first x characters to prevent this from happening. There are about 25 channels with no logos at the moment.

10) Network keeps reconnecting even when connected with Ethernet. This is seen as the steps 1,2,3 of the network connection wizard appearing again and again while navigating Smart TV apps or menus. Mainly happening on the web browser in 0.51.

11) Ambilight brightness control has a range of 0-10. In Dynamic mode, changing this affects the brightness and level of colour. However, in Static and ISF warm-white, only 0-5 makes any difference. 6-10 doesn't do anything at all. The range has been set wrongly for these Ambilight modes.

12) From community member DarkDragon. After using the Browse Network feature and choosing a folder with about 4000 songs it simply crashed... complete black out; I had the chance only to listen a few songs.

13) Cloud Explorer - If you try to play a video in your Dropbox, it fails to play any video I tried or has extensive rebuffering. But not only that, the TV tries to play it over and over and over again (you cannot see this happening)....until Dropbox bans your account because it suspects you are trying to host an illegal video! I had to get Dropbox to unban my account and warned they may not unban me next time. Playing the same video directly from Dropbox on the PC works just fine (buffering issue?)

14) From community member DarkDragon. Web Browser - It took me 15 minutes to get to this Philips forum, starting with a Google search "Philips support forum". At the beginning I had even the impression that this forum can not be browsed from Philips' own devices. I used even a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 to "enhance" the painful experience. Reason: the links are not click-able if you don't keep the cursor a little bit to the right
    Attachment 2532

Attachment 2533

Besides this, the pages are loading extremely slowly.

15) The icons for HDMI devices (in the source select menu) are lost after a while (wither cold reboot, a crash, etc.). This is not the case for the SCART input where I have attached a Wii.

Attachment 2534

Another part of the bug, is that the order of devices (inputs) is altered with each modification

Attachment 2535

Even so, as I said from the first time, this modification will be lost after a while.

This happened with previous firmwares as well.

Enhancement requests
    1) When using the broadcaster EPG (Freeview) there is no page up/down to quickly go through the pages of channels. You can't even hold down up and down to cycle through the channels easily. You have to press up or down over and over again! P+ and P- should be used for paging through the EPG. >> and << should be used for changing the days of the week

2) Miracast is not useful as nearly every modern Android phone uses HDCP. Can HDCP support be added? I can't find any device to use with the Miracast feature because of this so its a pointless feature at present for most people.

3) From community member DarkDragon. When using the browse network feature, there is a lack of search capability in a karge folder or a page up/page down feature so I can fast skip batches (pages) of items in a folder.

Fixed
    1) (Fixed) You cannot use both Social TV and Cloud explorer apps with .50 as if you set Social TV, then you just get a black screen with Cloud Explorer. If you reset the internet settings, you can then set Cloud Explorer, but then Social TV just hangs and you get a spinning circle in the centre of the screen forever

2)(Fixed) BBC iPlayer is broken. You can browse the TV programmes, but you cannot play any (Results in timeout error)

3)(Fixed) Social TV loses the account information for Facebook and Twitter after the mains is unplugged from the TV and you have to login to both accounts again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast