• Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    All I want from this TV is normal 3D operation, and maximum quality in Game mode which what we paid for, we can get all this quality from a 800$ monitor with way better quality and less problems.

I bought this TV for 3 reason, Quality panel which u can see for yourself, Am-blight and 3D.

But Quality is low in game mode now with way too much black-grey banding and 3D is seriously pissing me with Crosstalk, Random Double-Image and Extreme Input-Lag.

The only thing that work currently and correctly is Am-blight, which means this TV could be good, and it doesn't seem like a Hardware problem, it just seem like lazy workers. How many times and how long did we see the +5 pixel fixed and coming back again ? This things shouldn't happen, if they do they should be mind fix with Hotfix like fast update, not waiting 3-4 months for a bug that has been fixed 2 times already and brought back again.

Software issue is the reason for the problems, only Software fix can fix the problems means your programers workers need to work for the fixes that we complained over and over and over, more than 6 months.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    It passed a lot of time since I did not reply to this forum. But the horrible last firmware deserves this post. It garbled all the channel logos. I am on UPC Romania and I have some Polish network logos now. The start is really bad. Very often I receive "scrambled channel" notification on the screen for about 30 seconds or so. Also in functioning, I receive on EurosportHD and National Geo HD black picture with sound and subtitles. The info button has an incredible lag. Still on TVRHD the TV is recording without sound.
    I understand that at the beginning they did not know the dual core platform. But after two years, this FW is simply unacceptable. I reverted to 150.88 without issues.
    Philips sw engineers are simply amateurs. Very bad for your business Philips!

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Philips,

Looking at the latest firmwares for 2011 en 2010 models, it is to be expected that new firmware support for our 2012 models will soon dry up. If Philips decides to stop support for 2012 models, could you in some way hand over the TV-software to the open source community (as Samsung seems to do, too) to enable all of us to contribute to better, faster and more stable software?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes philips, if you are not going to support us anymore, u have 2 choices, tell us now so we won't have to wait. and make it open source so we can fix the bugs our self.

This quiet doesn't help anyone but you philips...

Inna, I wish you could use this TV and feel what I feel like the rest of the people, then you will know what is the support that we get and the customer service.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi fellow Philips TV owners,

Although I'm quite happy with my 8007 model, I'm still very, very disappointed in Philips with regards to the quality of the software and the lack of improving the firmware based on customer feedback. Otherwise, what is the purpose of this forum?

I'm living in The Netherlands and we have an authority called ACM (Authority Consumer and Market). Via this link: https://www.consuwijzer.nl/klacht-in...ij-consuwijzer it is possible to file complaints. See also this link (in Dutch) for our rights on a reliable product... Some examples of "not reliable": is not working properly (bugs), does not work as promised by the vendor or the manufacturer in advertising (check), does not meet the stated specifications (slow menus, buggy software/firmaware, 3D problems, etc)

Unfortunately I'm losing hope in Philips for resolving the problems/bugs/improvements but maybe this kind of pressure will help.

Regards,

Joris

---
    This is the complaint I just filed at ACM (in Dutch).

"Ik heb een Philips TV uit modeljaar 2012 (type 55PFL8007), gekocht in januari 2013. De TV geeft op zich een goed beeld maar de menu's/software/interface werkt niet naar behoren. Zeker niet naar wat je mag verwachten van een TV van meer dan 2.000 euro (!).

Philips heeft een forum waar eigenaren van Philips TV's hun opmerkingen kunnen plaatsen: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...0-Series-2012/.

Het is een levendig forum waar tal van ontevreden Philips TV eigenaren hun beklag doen en feedback geven om Philips de software te laten verbeteren. Tot op heden zonder resultaat. De laatste firmware update was weer om te huilen. Klachten worden genegeerd en problemen niet verholpen.

Als gebruikers/eigenaren van de TV zijn we bang dat de support binnenkort helemaal stopt (het is immers een TV uit modeljaar 2012) en dat we blijven zitten met een ondeugdelijk product. Wat niet nodig is als Philips de feedback van haar klanten ter harte neemt en de betreffende firmware aanpast.

Bij dezen dien ik een klacht in en verneem ik graag uw advies over de te ondernemen stappen."

I will keep you updated of any progress in this forum.
    Last edited by Joris H; 06-01-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Updated with complaint to ACM

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xJoris View Post
    Hi fellow Philips TV owners,

Although I'm quite happy with my 8007 model, I'm still very, very disappointed in Philips with regards to the quality of the software and the lack of improving the firmware based on customer feedback. Otherwise, what is the purpose of this forum.

I'm living in The Netherlands and we have an authority called ACM (Authority Consumer and Market). Via this link: https://www.consuwijzer.nl/klacht-in...ij-consuwijzer it is possible to file complaints. See also this link (https://www.acm.nl/nl/onderwerpen/co...elijk-product/) (in Dutch) for our rights on a reliable product... Some examples of "not reliable": is not working properly (bugs), does not work as promised by the vendor or the manufacturer in advertising (check), does not meet the stated specifications (slow menus, buggy software/firmaware, 3D problems, etc)

Unfortunately I'm losing hope in Philips for resolving the problems/bugs/improvements but maybe this kind of pressure will help.

Regards,

Joris.

Hello philips, we are waiting since 2012, 2015 soon coming and still your TV is not operational ! good job well done, you are doing the silence treatment while you ask for us to report for bugs, but those bugs didn't get fixed after all the time you told me to be quiet and even warned me. your service is highly not serviceable. Where is your manager, my country doesn't help me, they tell me to wait until you fix the bugs, global philips. we did wait, we did report the bugs, but after since 2013-12-12 till 2013-2-5 the bugs we reported did not get fixed, can you believe it ? we reported those bugs for unbelievably count of times. and now philips is back for the silence for 5-6 months making us wasting time to check the bugs, replicate the bugs which are easy cause u have them all the times, and then big big WAIT.

Report philips everyone, Ina stay out of this if you don't want, but don't warn me or anything, cause like I said, something has to be done, and waiting is not it @ . If you have a gift for us like hidden firmware which will fix the bugs, we will be happy to get it, Alpha firmware, Beta or Delta, whichever.

We are pro users, we driver lamborgini, we are not noobs, we know what to do, we know how to check, don't treat us like hobos.

if the programmers don't have enough money tell us, each one of us will deposit 1$ for them to fix the problems, everyone will do that. but fixing all the bugs.
    Last edited by x7007; 06-02-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    maybe try to send mail to :

TP Vision Contact:
    Eva Heller
    Head of Global Communications
    eva.heller@philips.com

tell her what we think about the support of the philips 2012 television.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dudis View Post
    maybe try to send mail to :

TP Vision Contact:
    Eva Heller
    Head of Global Communications
    eva.heller@philips.com

tell her what we think about the support of the philips 2012 television.
    Will do now.

Sent :: This is what I got

This is the mail system at host gw-eur1.philips.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

Hi,

my name is Yxxx XXXx, I am from Israel.

I bought the Philips 7007K 40" series at least 2 years ago and I'm very unhappy from the start, I'll explain why.

The philips TV main selling point is good panel IPS or just quality LCD/LED screen and Amblight which was my main buying and the general idea that it's almost the only 40" inch display in the market for my room, Including the Active 3D which I wanted compare to passive.
    I used the TV and was very unsettled with the bugs that the software had, I had many issues with a lot or almost every setting the TV offered, you could review the many bugs that the TV had from the 1st software the initial release to the latest firmware. The bugs weren't the big issue because it's software and can be fixed with some good diagnostic and bug report right ? that's what we try to managed, all the philips forum users reported the bugs and some of them really got fixed, which lead to the 2nd problem, with almost 2nd-3rd firmware an old bug was repeatedly back, for example the +5 pixel overscan which makes the left side +5 pixel black and it's very distracting, especially that it get fixed and just coming back again almost 3 times for a wide range of firmwares. This was still not the main reason of this mail. the issues we had including the big problems which are the really use of a Cinema TV or Gaming TV, I am using this TV for both, which means I need the best quality from hardware which I said we have and from Software which is not till now and not, still at this moment. about the 3D which really my main use for this TV, as I tried to explain and report the bugs over and over because I didn't get answer over more than a year since we reported the bugs about 3D. 3D has so many issues including :

All the problems are issued to firmware version 150.89 which I am currently using, I will talk about the bugs in 150.90-95 which is really unusable in 3D for gaming at all.
    1. 3D randomly has double image when u choose any 3D mode expect 2D to 3D convert. If you cycle between 2D and 3D ( all modes expect 3D convert ) chance on some point you will have one time double image from the left and if you keep cycling it will be on the right and after random numbers of cycles it disappear. If you choose after 2D , 2D-3D convert and then choose other mode, the double image will disappear but you will have very high Input-Lag. meaning the mouse will move very very slow with a lot delay compare to what you actually do. the general idea is game are unplayable.
    2. (1) happens only when you are in GAME/Computer Mode - On, if you have it Off it doesn't happen at all.
    3. ( color gradient error ) Quality issue with initial firmware ( the first firmware the TV came with to the latestt 150.95 ) In Game/Computer - On , there is Black/Grey banding which is very visible and reduce the quality a lot almost by 50% and doesn't even happen on low brand quality monitors which is possible to be fixed with firmware update. ( This Bug does not happen Game/Computer - Off ).
    4. PNM - Perfect Natural Motion - Stuttering / Artefacts / Jerky and just a lot of garbage shown with this on any mode from Minimum-Medium-Maximum, it just unusable for anything.
    Other issues which are not urgent but are on top of everyone mind to want them and requested.

5. Very slow TV menu compare to every brand on the market - Samsung,Sony, Chinese brands
    6. ( TV remote Shortcut ) On the remote there is Yellow button which doesn't do nothing, we requested that it could be shortcut to Game/Computer mode On/Off which now is very difficult and tiring to switch, you need to click on Options > scroll all the way to Setup which is 7 clicks > Enter > then Down to TV settings > Right > then 8 clicks down > Right > choose Off/Game/Computer > Ok > Exit
    We need to switch like that every time we want to watch movie or play a game, and with the very slow menu it just takes more than 1 minute, instead of having simple button that doesn't do anything now to do it with 2 clicks.

About 150.90-95, all firmwares had nothing fixed from 150.89 which we did report all of the bugs I just talked about and many others users who had other issues.
    150.89 is currently the only one I can use because for the following reason :

with 150.90-95 there is a bug which was reported and was not fixed since the firmware 15.92 2013-12-12 to 2014-05-06 (150.95).

When you use any 3D mode now and have Game/Computer - On it will automatically disabled even if it's still On in the menu. meaning when you try to go play a game with a mouse you will have more than 500-600 ms Input-Lag, so every time you try to move the mouse it will move after half a second which is unplayable or unsaleable for any PC user or Gaming Console.
    When you go back to 2D the Game/Computer mode stays disables even if it's still On in the menu. you need to go all the way to Game/Computer mode select Off and then select On and it will go back to Game/computer mode. if you go 3D again Game/Computer mode will be disabled again. Now I said before when you are not using Game/Computer mode On the Double Image in 3D bug doesn't happen, I don't know if this is workaround of the programmer to "fix" the problem and just make a other terrible bug, both ways it's not ok.

All those issues were reported multiple of times, more than 50 by a lot of users. Philips-Ina which is the forum moderator doesn't give us any time zone, or what bugs are going to be fixed as simple as it can be, we are just waiting. the problem is we waited since 2013-12-12 to 2014-05-06 and none, plain none of the bugs we reported, the one I wrote here and in the forums got reported. the only answer we got from Philips-Ina is wait until the release and report the bugs in the forums. more than 6 months to wait and not single bug that we reported was fixed.

All I request for the philips name, as a brand and a company, please give us those fixes that we may use this TV properly.
    U can see all the reported bugs in this links :

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...00-Series-2012
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...00-Series-2012
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...x7-Series-2012

I don't know how long we will get firmware updates, but it seem the support is almost over as its already 2014 and soon 2015. the last firmware we will get will be the last, without those fixes this TV will be unusable for the lot of all users and the philips reputation.
    I'm would be happy to get a possible answer which will clear our issues and both sides will be happy, not just me, philips and all the other users.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by x7007; 06-02-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    philips should dump the 2012 firmware for this kind of tv and try to compile the source code from the 2013 for this tv set. this could be a compensation for all the frustrated owners and a lot of our errors fixed there.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Is the 8008 hardware different from the 8007 , or is just another bezel change ? Is the source code so hard to modify/open ? Can it be ported to 8007 ? No software ''doctors'' among us ?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

to make it short:
    it is.

Regards
    Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi,

to make it short:
    it is.

Regards
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

What suprises me is that you are replying the post of Ibanias. To me in very sarcastic ways and not a satisfying answer to anyone!

I think you should answer to those people having problems and issues with a 2012 series TV-set.

Many, many people here are complaining at this forum. These people are having problems not being solved since they bought these Tv's. These people are worrying that the support will end soon because these Tv's are almost 3 years old. These people are worrying that their problems never are being solved.

A satisfying answer from you - as representive from Philips/Tpv- shoud be: Our technisians are working to fix your software issues. In coming firmware releases it will be fixed.

But nothing......

With kind regards, Jarno
    Last edited by Jarnimo; 06-04-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: some typos corrected

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Jarno,

to make it clear for you, without any sarkasm or others:
    "it is". 2 Words, describng a fact.

About your Requests, well what you expect is something, what we deliver with this Forum is something elso.
    What you want from us is something we have never done in the past and will never do in the future.
    We do know about Updates when we announce the Threads here.
    That might be something which is not "enough" for you, but that is what we give to you.

Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't own a 2012 TV by myself. But don't you understand that these people that bought a 2012 TV have their worries?? These Tv's are becoming three years!

What they need to do when the software support ends? Philips (should) know about the issues that excists in these series? Why there are no fixes yet??

Regards, Jarno.
    Last edited by Jarnimo; 06-04-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typos

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi Jarno,

to make it clear for you, without any sarkasm or others:
    "it is". 2 Words, describng a fact.

About your Requests, well what you expect is something, what we deliver with this Forum is something elso.
    What you want from us is something we have never done in the past and will never do in the future.
    We do know about Updates when we announce the Threads here.
    That might be something which is not "enough" for you, but that is what we give to you.

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Philips slogan is Innovation & You... Where is the innovation, and where is the "you" (me, your customer)?

I am very disappointed in the replies you are making on behalf of Philips. It really feels like being just a cash cow :-(

Regards,

Joris

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast