• Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thomas gave an interesting answer. I am also surprised that he answered my question, when it is clear that no one will give you any deep technical info for the reason that there are risks to damage the equipment if you don't have the knowledge to modify/change it. If I understood right, the 8007 hardware is the same as 8008 and there is possible to load the firmware of 8008 on 8007. This brings hope for any corrections. I am aware that such an action will be at my own risk, but gaining DTS , better motion, better media player for me is a big step. Or, the answer was THEY ARE NOT THE SAME, and the complaining show goes ON.
    On the other side, I think that Philips saw enough of our complains to know what errors are to repair and, since no correction were made by now, it is useless to ask forever. Nothing stops you from selling you TV and get a better one from another brand. Of course , you wil lose money comparing to the purchase price, but you will save you brain cells and maybe time. You had 30 days to return the product, without money loss. Despite the errors I have on my 55PFL8007 I decided that I can live with it. I find that we should better concentrate to find how to improve the TV software without Philips help, as software developers (linux or whatever OS is), doing this outside this forum. At our own risk.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

2012 and 2013 chipsets are NOT the same (6000 series and up)...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Toengel,

Being the only one that seems to reply in this thread, please don't mind me asking a question.
    What chance do I have on getting the source code of the firmware for my 2012 6007 model TV after the support is over?
    I really can do without flashy menu icons and transparency effects to gain better response on remote key press for example. Maybe philips doesn't want to change it but I would if I had the code.
    We paid for a working product...which is not actually working as advertised. At least give us all the info to make it by ourselves.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joris H View Post
    Hi Thomas,

Philips slogan is Innovation & You... Where is the innovation, and where is the "you" (me, your customer)?

I am very disappointed in the replies you are making on behalf of Philips. It really feels like being just a cash cow :-(

Regards,

Joris

Hi Joris,

Philips' slogan; and what is TPVision's slogan...?

The important for Philips and TPvision should be sattisfied customers!
    Untill now i am just reading dissapointed customers,epsecialy
    about the 2012 series..

Regards, Jarno.
    Last edited by Jarnimo; 06-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Does anybody know how to make this TV stop searching for updates OTA? What is the IP to block so it cannot query the philips servers?
    It's incredibly annoying to get the notification EVERY TIME YOU TURN IT ON!!!!
    I will NOT update to the latest horrible software. .88 version for me...

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psyk View Post
    Does anybody know how to make this TV stop searching for updates OTA? What is the IP to block so it cannot query the philips servers?
    1. Backup your Firmware and Channel-List to USB-Stick
    2. Start updating Firmware OTA / by Philips Servers (!) - doesn't work for updating manually by downloaded File - and reboot TV
    3. Reflash backuped FW from USB-Stick and restore Channel-list
    4. No more annoying Hints. Philips Servers won't offer Update anymore.

Worked for my 9707 without probs....

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

@psyk
    you won't get any source code. Also the "new software" needs to be signed for installing on your TV.

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have problems with the signal quality on both National Geographic Channel HD and Discovery Channel HD from the Dutch cabel network Ziggo on my 40PFL7007.
    Most problems I have are on Nat Geo HD. Normally the signal strength is 97 and the quality 90, which should be more than enough. But every minute or so I get a complete loss of signal. With a message "loss of signal, check antenna cable". It looks like it's something in the TV itself.

1. All other channels don't have these problems.
    2. Watching via a Humax settopbox the signal is normal.
    3. Swapped camcard and module gave no improvement.
    4. Connected antenna cable direct to the TV, bypassing the Humax, without result.
    5. The two other TV's (both Samsungs) nor 3 Humax's in my house show these problems.
    6. Installed firmware 150.095 a secondtime, without result.
    7. Downgraded to firmware 150.088 without result.
    8. Looking at items 6 and 7 it seems a hardware problem.

Does anybody have an idea what can solve this issue?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

connect only the Antenna to the TV (besdies the Power cord).
    No HDMI, no CI+ Module, make sure that none of this is connected to the TV!
    Open one of the Channels and have a look to the Signal.
    Does it change as it did before?
    If no, connect the CI+ Module with cam and look out again.
    If no, connect 1 HDMI Cable etc.
    Step by Step untill you have reached the starting point.

At which Point can you reproduce the Signal loss?

Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    PNM on my 42pfl6067 does seem better than with the previous version I had installed, which was 150.88. There is less judder. 150.88 was really bad. Good move forward, Philips.
    Overall I feel this version is quite good. Occasionnal judder is really disturbing otherwise.

I'm going to save this 150.95 firmware version for later reinstalling, in case future versions have inferior HDNM/PNM.
    Is there a way to opt out of firmware upgrades? The TV keeps saying it wants to upgrade when a new revision is available. This is sad, because if I feel overall satisfied with a firmware revision, I should be able to stick with it.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Did u actually try to watch a 3d movie? ?? How can u say that this sw is good? 3d functionality is gone even for movies now....

Silver Member
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    What is the problem with 3d movies?

I am not saying the firmware is perfect, just that HDNM/PNM has improved. I still need to test it more thoroughly with HD video.

Something cool I have noticed with PNM on firmware 150.95 also is the following.

When I play videos/movies I usually use the built-in player of the TV so that motion compensation works fine, eg. the TV takes into account the actual, accurate fps of the video (say, 24 or 23.976 fps) and uses this fps for HDNM/PNM to operate smoothly.

On some occasions, the TV won't play a particular file - files that have been encoded years ago (haven't looked into this precisely enough). In this case, I use the player of the DSL box to play the video. When the video's encoded fps is 25, the TV receives that exact 25 fps video over HDMI and then does its HDNM/PNM normally. However, when the video is 23.976 or 24 fps, my DSL box still outputs 25 fps as it does not support 24 fps HDMI playback. As a result, there is motion judder.
    With firmware 150.95, the TV can indeed remove this judder altogether, too. It is a feature that I don't specifically want (since the judder is artificially added by the DSL box player), but it is a nice bonus.

Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martytv View Post
    What is the problem with 3d movies?

I am not saying the firmware is perfect, just that HDNM/PNM has improved. I still need to test it more thoroughly with HD video.

Something cool I have noticed with PNM on firmware 150.95 also is the following.

When I play videos/movies I usually use the built-in player of the TV so that motion compensation works fine, eg. the TV takes into account the actual, accurate fps of the video (say, 24 or 23.976 fps) and uses this fps for HDNM/PNM to operate smoothly.

On some occasions, the TV won't play a particular file - files that have been encoded years ago (haven't looked into this precisely enough). In this case, I use the player of the DSL box to play the video. When the video's encoded fps is 25, the TV receives that exact 25 fps video over HDMI and then does its HDNM/PNM normally. However, when the video is 23.976 or 24 fps, my DSL box still outputs 25 fps as it does not support 24 fps HDMI playback. As a result, there is motion judder.
    With firmware 150.95, the TV can indeed remove this judder altogether, too. It is a feature that I don't specifically want (since the judder is artificially added by the DSL box player), but it is a nice bonus.

The problem with 3D is the issue in gaming, hardly in movies, but still visible. I wrote about it many time , check the report in the thread.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    3D means that 2 images are meant for each eye to give the illusion of depth. The tv gets the image for the right eye and displays it on the screen for polarization X, then takes the image for the left eye and places it on the screen for polarization Y.

With the last 2 firmwares (at least, I didn't check all of them) the tv doesn't know which part goes to the left and which goes on the right. It mixes the details from the picture to each side maybe because of PNM/PMR does not know on which side to project the added frames, X or Y. This means that you cannot see clearly but it's better than just inverted because it gets some bits of the images right.

I tried to watch this movie with some friends and couldn't focus no matter what settings I tried, but it worked with older firmware. So in the middle of movie time I had to stop it, flash an older firmware and then play the movie again. You can search my posts from the 150.92 and see this described with all my frustration to go with it...

The movie is Rio 3D from yify.
    This movie needs the setting: 3D side by side inverted.
    I tried to watch it with 150.95 and the problem still persists.

This behavior is present on Avatar movie also. I didn't try more movies because I got frustrated.
    TV time is relax time, not testing, investigations and troubleshooting time.
    And when I do the work then write here so that hopefully developers fix these bugs, nothing happens. They ignore our findings and introduce more bugs. Why should I bother then?

With 150.87 and 150.88 the movies are playing ok!

I always use the default tv media player and watch movies from external HDD, so there is no other third party involved that could do the damage...
    Last edited by psyk; 06-12-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psyk View Post
    3D means that 2 images are meant for each eye to give the illusion of depth. The tv gets the image for the right eye and displays it on the screen for polarization X, then takes the image for the left eye and places it on the screen for polarization Y.

With the last 2 firmwares (at least, I didn't check all of them) the tv doesn't know which part goes to the left and which goes on the right. It mixes the details from the picture to each side maybe because of PNM/PMR does not know on which side to project the added frames, X or Y. This means that you cannot see clearly but it's better than just inverted because it gets some bits of the images right.

I tried to watch this movie with some friends and couldn't focus no matter what settings I tried, but it worked with older firmware. So in the middle of movie time I had to stop it, flash an older firmware and then play the movie again. You can search my posts from the 150.92 and see this described with all my frustration to go with it...

The movie is Rio 3D from yify.
    This movie needs the setting: 3D side by side inverted.
    I tried to watch it with 150.95 and the problem still persists.

This behavior is present on Avatar movie also. I didn't try more movies because I got frustrated.
    TV time is relax time, not testing, investigations and troubleshooting time.
    And when I do the work then write here so that hopefully developers fix these bugs, nothing happens. They ignore our findings and introduce more bugs. Why should I bother then?

With 150.87 and 150.88 the movies are playing ok!

I always use the default tv media player and watch movies from external HDD, so there is no other third party involved that could do the damage...
    So yes, there are bunch of problems in 3D , not just the ones I said and more people.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast