Results 1 to 4 of 4
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Points: 28, Level: 1
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2
    Points
    28
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Consoles on LED Smart TV

    Hello.

    I have tried to connect some old consoles on my LED Smart TV (model 32PFL3507H/12) with coaxial plug on the AV port, but it seems that the TV doesn't recognize them. Is there a solution?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 19,523, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    19,523
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Timorite View Post
    Hello.

    I have tried to connect some old consoles on my LED Smart TV (model 32PFL3507H/12) with coaxial plug on the AV port, but it seems that the TV doesn't recognize them. Is there a solution?

    Thanks a lot.

    Hi Timorite,

    I assume you mean the CVBS/Y Pb Pr ports?
    If yes, please ensure the cables are connected to the correct ports.

    The device you are trying to connect needs to be set to a video resolution that the TV supports. These are:

    480i - 60 Hz
    480p - 60 Hz
    576i - 50 Hz
    576p - 50 Hz
    720p - 50Hz, 60 Hz
    1080i - 50Hz, 60 Hz
    1080p - 24Hz, 25Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60 Hz

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    Points: 28, Level: 1
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2
    Points
    28
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Timorite,

    I assume you mean the CVBS/Y Pb Pr ports?
    If yes, please ensure the cables are connected to the correct ports.

    The device you are trying to connect needs to be set to a video resolution that the TV supports. These are:

    480i - 60 Hz
    480p - 60 Hz
    576i - 50 Hz
    576p - 50 Hz
    720p - 50Hz, 60 Hz
    1080i - 50Hz, 60 Hz
    1080p - 24Hz, 25Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60 Hz

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Hi.

    Thanks for the reply. No I'm actually talking about the "AV" port (well that's how it's called in the TV menu), the round port for the old TV antennas, coaxial I suppose. All european consoles from the eighties and early nineties used the coaxial port. I'll check the compatibility with the resolution and frequency of those consoles and let you know.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 19,523, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,177
    Points
    19,523
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Timorite View Post
    Hi.

    Thanks for the reply. No I'm actually talking about the "AV" port (well that's how it's called in the TV menu), the round port for the old TV antennas, coaxial I suppose. All european consoles from the eighties and early nineties used the coaxial port. I'll check the compatibility with the resolution and frequency of those consoles and let you know.

    Hi Timorite.

    OK, now I see what you are trying to do. Although this would not be the AV source, but the actually TV source in this case.

    What you would need to do in this case is to run a manual analogue channel search for the console frequency. Basically you need to "tune in" to the console like you would with TV broadcast.

    - HOME > [Setup] > [Channel settings] > [Channel installation] > [Analogue: Manual antenna installation] > [Find channel]

    - If you know the channel frequency, enter it with the Navigation buttons or Numeric buttons.
    - If you do not know the channel frequency, search for the next frequency that has a strong signal.

    - Select [Search] and wait for the TV to finish the channel installation.

    You can also find this information on page 27 of the user manual:
    http://philips.to/1jQgLE4

    Once the "channel" is installed you need to change to TV source.


    If the frequencies and the resolution from the console is supported by the TV via antenna coaxial, this could work. Although it's not really what the TVs are designed to do any more, so it can't be guaranteed unfortunately.

    Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •