• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy Turning off firmware/software update notice

Ever since my last firmware upgrade nightmare, I have been skeptical with new firmware upgrades that are available after that. My current firmware sits at .46 and I am both tempted and afraid to upgrade. I'm tempted because I am curious whether my TV will be more zippy if I update the software. But at the same time, I'm afraid I may screw up the TV again and I currently do not have any 'huge' problems with it besides the Smart TV functions being slow.

Everytime I turn on the TV it will tell me that there is a new firmware update available and ask if I want to update it. And everytime I see it, I will be tempted. But so far I have been able to overcome this temptation and clicked not to update. My question now is, how do I TURN OFF this firmware upgrade available prompt? I do not want it to tell me that there is an update available. I do not want it to check for updates. I have search thru the menus in the TV settings but I have found nowhere to disable this function.

Regards,
    Vince.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

there is no option to disable the message.

Toengel@Alex

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toengel For This Useful Post:

starcam (06-02-2014)

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    That's Unfortunate. Bad software design then. Users should have that option. If I'm happy with my current firmware and do not want any updates, why do I have to bear with the update notice everytime I turn on my TV?? Can Philips fix this? Or rather, would they fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by starcam View Post
    Ever since my last firmware upgrade nightmare, I have been skeptical with new firmware upgrades that are available after that. My current firmware sits at .46 and I am both tempted and afraid to upgrade. I'm tempted because I am curious whether my TV will be more zippy if I update the software. But at the same time, I'm afraid I may screw up the TV again and I currently do not have any 'huge' problems with it besides the Smart TV functions being slow.

Everytime I turn on the TV it will tell me that there is a new firmware update available and ask if I want to update it. And everytime I see it, I will be tempted. But so far I have been able to overcome this temptation and clicked not to update. My question now is, how do I TURN OFF this firmware upgrade available prompt? I do not want it to tell me that there is an update available. I do not want it to check for updates. I have search thru the menus in the TV settings but I have found nowhere to disable this function.

Regards,
    Vince.