Bronze Member
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Other standby conditions offered by the product, which are disabled by default but can be enabled by the user according to his or her preference, are not covered by the standby requirement.

This issue was resolved with software version QF2EU-0.171.56.0 (Date published: 2013-09-05) – “Improvements in quick startup implementation”.
    1. If the user was able to turn the feature back off without resetting the TV it would have been aggravating but acceptable. However, the menu entries are non-functional and misleading.

2.The 6xx8 models are meanwhile at 000.173.052.000 and none of the quick start-up functions are working. Defining time slots has no effect. Auto learning doesn't seem to have any effect other than eating 30 Watts permanently.

Lessons learned:

Philips TV software appears to technical users a disastrous, trial-and-error code with poor quality assurance. It looks as if it was knitted by some SW shop in India who accidentally won the bidding process with a very low price. The logical move to now switch to android as a basis since 2014 is an evidence that decision makers know how bad their TV products have been.

@Philips:

You may have won this discussion, wiggled your way out of your responsibility very well. On the sustainable side (if you even know what that is) you have created a bunch of frustrated and cheated users who will remember their user experience with your products. If I had to bet I would guess, the TV vertical of Philips will be sold to a Chinese emerging vendor within 24 months.

Bronze Member Achievements:
    New Achievement!100 Experience Points3 months registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    1. If the user was able to turn the feature back off without resetting the TV it would have been aggravating but acceptable. However, the menu entries are non-functional and misleading.

2.The 6xx8 models are meanwhile at 000.173.052.000 and none of the quick start-up functions are working. Defining time slots has no effect. Auto learning doesn't seem to have any effect other than eating 30 Watts permanently.

Lessons learned:

Philips TV software appears to technical users a disastrous, trial-and-error code with poor quality assurance. It looks as if it was knitted by some SW shop in India who accidentally won the bidding process with a very low price. The logical move to now switch to android as a basis since 2014 is an evidence that decision makers know how bad their TV products have been.

@Philips:

You may have won this discussion, wiggled your way out of your responsibility very well. On the sustainable side (if you even know what that is) you have created a bunch of frustrated and cheated users who will remember their user experience with your products. If I had to bet I would guess, the TV vertical of Philips will be sold to a Chinese emerging vendor within 24 months.

+1 for me and on point (2) add 7xx8 series.... tnx ping

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    The FAQ documentation is indeed not legally binding, that is correct. This is because this FAQ information is a layman’s interpretation of the EU regulations.
    The EU regulation documentation that we as manufacturer’s work from, is far more detailed and comprehensive. This is the documentation we are providing answers in relation to, and not the FAQ.

Each EU member state has to make these regulations into national law. Therefore there is a difference between regulation and EU law.

TP Vision follow the regulation set out by the EU for manufacturer’s. We also follow the national laws of each of the EU member states when it comes to sale of goods in these countries.

If a TV is sold in France for example, it needs to:
    1) Comply with EU regulations
    2) Comply with French national law

Our TVs comply with both, as stated previously. Quick Start is not a default standby mode and the user manual is designed for consumer use and guidance, not as a specification sheet.

As for statements in regards to standby or Quick Start features not working, I will happily look into each individual case. However, I will not mix these 2 things together. They may be related, but if there is an issue with any of the features in the TVs, we also have the right to identify and rectify such issues, as we previously have.

There are complaints that the Quick Start feature does not do anything. Please do feel free to explain more about this. We have not had definitely reports of this issue still being present since the software fix, but only confirmation that it was solved.

If you are experiencing issues with the Quick Start feature, please do report them in the relevant software threads as well, as you would any other issues. If you don’t tell us about them, we won’t know.

You are all free to debate and discuss matters as you wish on this forum, as long as the Terms of Use are not being violated in doing so. However, we make no promises to respond to everyone and everything. What we chose to respond to and answer is solely at our discretion. I'd like to remind everyone that this is mainly a user-to-user support forum. I do however endeavour to respond as much as possible, whenever possible.

@ping
    We are not attempting to win or lose in this conversation, but merely trying to find out the circumstances of your question. We ask questions, not to deflect or avoid, but to find out what is happening.
    Please see the private message I have sent you a few days ago regarding wanting to look into your case. You say that we have told you that “standby was broken”. I very much want to find out what this is about in more detail, so please reply to my PM with your case reference number when you are able.
    If you do not wish to do this we’re happy to respect it. But we then cannot look further into any queries surrounding this matter.

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Another example of issue with philips,, coming from the 7007 series

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Worst TV implementation I have ever seen. Regretting not going for 55" LG model. Lessons learned for future purchases. Not willing to be the guinea pig for off-shored crappy software development. Have stopped replying to subject as it was proven to be fruitless. Recipient incapable or unwilling to understand and reproduce the many OBVIOUS errors.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    I haven't done deeper digging in this one, but.

I have done all the firmware updates, every time after a firmware upgrade I do a complete reinstall of the TV and device, and reset everything to the factory settings. I have always kept quick start option disabled.

Still sometimes, the TV boots up really quick. There's no the Philips-logo splash loading screen displayed, it goes straight to TV and loads image-settings, channel etc on the fly. This makes me think that the TV really wasn't turned to stand-by / off -state when it was last used. I have no idea what makes it do it. Anyone else?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antti-la View Post
    I haven't done deeper digging in this one, but.

I have done all the firmware updates, every time after a firmware upgrade I do a complete reinstall of the TV and device, and reset everything to the factory settings. I have always kept quick start option disabled.

Still sometimes, the TV boots up really quick. There's no the Philips-logo splash loading screen displayed, it goes straight to TV and loads image-settings, channel etc on the fly. This makes me think that the TV really wasn't turned to stand-by / off -state when it was last used. I have no idea what makes it do it. Anyone else?

+1

/Goran

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    After observing peoples' frustration in the software experience threads with more useless updates I stopped bothering. The TV is now only used with as little features as possible (no smart TV, no standby functions, no media player, no screen mirroring, etc. etc.) and I have my peace of mind. First and last Philips TV I have bought. Not worth the hassle with this product division of Philips.

Ina once sent me questions to follow up on the energy thing but I found it is not worth to be procrastinated with more redundant questions like if I really had the latest versions and bla bla. If they really had wanted to help they could have easily reproduced my errors.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678