Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation TV suddenly turns off and reacts on other remotes

Hi,
    I have a 55" 3D LED Smart TV 55PFL6158S bought in January 2014. The TV has some problems which has occurred periodically from when I bought the TV, but after a short while the TV has started acting normal. But now its really hopeless and it won't stop so I need help.

I'm struggling with several issues. Firstly, in periods the TV suddenly turns off. It can go either a few seconds or minutes. I have no idea whats causing this and no remotes are touched when this happens.

A few times the TV was impossible to turn on. One of these times there were strange lines on the screen like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2051%2059.jpg . After several attempts and pulling the power cord etc the TV went back on.

And to top that, just recently the TV has started to react on another remote I use for my Canal Digial TV decoder which is infrared. If I push any of the buttons on this remote, the TV also switches off... As far as I have understood the remote for the TV itself use Bluetooth and not infrared. I didn't even now the TV had infrared receiver. Is it possible to turn this infrared reciever on the TV off?

I have installed the latest software, and the TV also says it is the latest version. Here's what the TV settings says: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2005%2002.jpg

What can I do to fix this?

Andreas

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaswane View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 55" 3D LED Smart TV 55PFL6158S bought in January 2014. The TV has some problems which has occurred periodically from when I bought the TV, but after a short while the TV has started acting normal. But now its really hopeless and it won't stop so I need help.

I'm struggling with several issues. Firstly, in periods the TV suddenly turns off. It can go either a few seconds or minutes. I have no idea whats causing this and no remotes are touched when this happens.

A few times the TV was impossible to turn on. One of these times there were strange lines on the screen like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2051%2059.jpg . After several attempts and pulling the power cord etc the TV went back on.

And to top that, just recently the TV has started to react on another remote I use for my Canal Digial TV decoder which is infrared. If I push any of the buttons on this remote, the TV also switches off... As far as I have understood the remote for the TV itself use Bluetooth and not infrared. I didn't even now the TV had infrared receiver. Is it possible to turn this infrared reciever on the TV off?

I have installed the latest software, and the TV also says it is the latest version. Here's what the TV settings says: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2005%2002.jpg

What can I do to fix this?

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

First of, please ensure the TV is up to date with the latest software. Recent version include improvements on the issues you are describing.

You can find the latest version, installation instructions and changelog here:http://philips.to/1v9mbk4

After a possible update, please remove the TV power cord for 1-2 minutes.

Your TV remote control does not use Bluetooth, but radio frequency. However, the TV is still able to receive an infrared signal as well, to accommodate for universal remote controls.

Please start with the above. If this does not fix your issues, please try to reinstall your TV:

HOME > [Setup] > [TV settings] > [General settings] > [Reinstall TV]

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Shutdown Smart TV Itself !!!

I've exactely the same problem with 42PFL6008K/12 !!!

I've the lasted software.

I've put out all connexion.

I've disconnected the power during 5 minutes.

But nothing : all the same !

No support by Philipps ;(

I've intention to go back it to the shop !!!

Your TV work now ? Have you find the solution ?

In 4 month, It's the third time I reinstall TV !!!!!!

Regards